Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Face masks mandatory on public transport here from Monday onwards.

My work have also made it mandatory for all Swiss based staff to download the governments track and trace app.

On work phones or on personal phones. Work phones fair enough, if its your own phone get that to f**k

3 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

On work phones or on personal phones. Work phones fair enough, if its your own phone get that to f**k

Personal phones.

The app does not retain any personal information. If you test positive for Covid you are given a code to enter. The app then monitors nearby phones via bluetooth and if someone who has tested positive comes into range, it notifies you.

I don't see why anyone would be bothered about this app. If the government wanted to track your movements, they would be more than capable of doing it with or without this app.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Personal phones.

The app does not retain any personal information. If you test positive for Covid you are given a code to enter. The app then monitors nearby phones via bluetooth and if someone who has tested positive comes into range, it notifies you.

I don't see why anyone would be bothered about this app. If the government wanted to track your movements, they would be more than capable of doing it with or without this app.

I am more concerned with the fact employers think they can tell you what to with your own property that you have paid for yourself. You are not a slave who is at their beck and call twenty four hours a day.

Don't particularly know about Swiss law but I doubt this is legal in any civilised country unless the government make it law.

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

I am more concerned with the fact employers think they can tell you what to with your own property that you have paid for yourself. You are not a slave who is at their beck and call twenty four hours a day.

Don't particularly know about Swiss law but I doubt this is legal in any civilised country unless the government make it law.

Probably not legally enforceable but they pay me an eye watering amount of money to turn up every day, and I won't be doing anything that encourages them to change that arrangement.

30 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

On the topic of cross-border quarantine. I'd be happy to move the border up to allow the Borders and D&G to form a little Tory bubble with England.

Berwick will be a hoot on Saturday with some pubs reopening, I know of quite a few lads making the trip over the border 

58 minutes ago, bendan said:

I'm not so sure - is anyone else still doing them? At the very least, she could delegate a bit more.

Or people who aren't that interested in her daily briefing could always just not watch it. Find it a bit mad folk are complaining about being given information on a daily basis. 

6 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

Surely the biggest porky was the then CMO Catherine Calderwood saying that there were 'clear medical reasons' why Charlie Windsor, his wife and presumably his entourage were tested for the virus.

You’re like a broken record.

It’s quite clear that until a vaccine is found that covid won’t be completely eradicated. Many boffins have already said a vaccine may never be found. I don’t see localised lockdowns being the answer for anyone (employers/employees especially). There’s going to need to come a day when we say “fck it” or else we’ll be stuck “living” like this potentially until we all crock it

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s quite clear that until a vaccine is found that covid won’t be completely eradicated. Many boffins have already said a vaccine may never be found. I don’t see localised lockdowns being the answer for anyone (employers/employees especially). There’s going to need to come a day when we say “fck it” or else we’ll be stuck “living” like this potentially until we all crock it

I see you’re a bit behind on the boffin news there Einstein as a vaccine from Pfizer and BioNtech has shown positive results in early testing.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Going to be some laugh for employers this winter when staff get a cold and develop a cough so need to book a test (which will be negative) then isolate for 14 days...

If they had a test and it was negative, why would they need to quarantine?

Going to be some laugh for employers this winter when staff get a cold and develop a cough so need to book a test (which will be negative) then isolate for 14 days...
Said before sick pay (lack of) and the generally accepted shitty deal offered by employers is going to be a huge problem in this.
Contact tracing advice seems to be that you isolate for 14 days. No mention of testing and I suspect not enough faith in reliability. So perhaps not applicable to synptoms>test>negative and back to work but it is still going to be a major issue.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Because the tests aren't 100%

It's the same reason why if contacted by Test & Protect, even if you get tested and it's negative you still need to isolate

20 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I agree 100%.   Malaria kills hundreds of thousands and infects tens of millions every year and we don't see countries shutting down because of it.  They go about their normal business and take precautions to limit it's spread.

11 minutes ago, The OP said:

I see you’re a bit behind on the boffin news there Einstein as a vaccine from Pfizer and BioNtech has shown positive results in early testing.

I’ll reserve my glee at such news when there’s a queue a mile long down at the local hospital getting the vaccine 

1 minute ago, FFCinthearea said:

I agree 100%.   Malaria kills hundreds of thousands and infects tens of millions every year and we don't see countries shutting down because of it.  They go about their normal business and take precautions to limit it's spread.

Worldmeters currently has malaria deaths at 490,000 YTD (from the WHO).

It isn't contagious though, so this is fine.

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I’ll reserve my glee at such news when there’s a queue a mile long down at the local hospital getting the vaccine 

Hopefully they just put it in the water

19 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Because the tests aren't 100%

It's the same reason why if contacted by Test & Protect, even if you get tested and it's negative you still need to isolate

That’s not right. I’m looking at the leaflet the Scottish Government sent out last week and it says you can stop isolating immediately if your test is negative.