Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 hours ago, Steven W said:
There was horse racing at Leicester last night which I found fucking absurd

The racecourse is in Oadby - this is on the very edge of the lockdown area - it may well be outside the lockdown area.

Oadby is in the area.

Either way, I felt it sends out wrong message

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

Aberdeen confirming a player has now tested positive.

Slightly concerning news that.

Not for the da's screeching that there is absolutely no reason why crowds should not be allowed back at football as of yesterday. Sturgeon must resign.

2 seconds later Todd is God steams in to show his disagreement because everything is, in fact, brilliant. :lol:

Edited by GiGi

What a difference a couple of weeks and a bit of 'optics' makes. Once John Swinney got put back in his box we can all focus on laughing at Boris seeking the plaudits for opening the country back up in vast swathes then immediately getting after locking it all back down 1 region at a time. 

The pendulum has swung again back to looking like scotgov are doing a decent job of the pacing, and are better equipped to open and stay open with the testing data etc being an utter clusterfuck in England. 

I say this as someone who was pretty irate recently over it all. 

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

When Nicola Sturgeon announces today’s positive tests will that include the Aberdeen player? Or does it only count people who tested positive in an NHS mandated test?

She needs to bin these daily announcements and change it to weekly or twice weekly.  Nobody is watching anymore and it's becoming as tired as the clap for the NHS which went on for way longer than it should have.

Cluster confirmed in Gretna and Annan area, five new cases after nil cases for nearly two weeks.

The guy from ITV Borders who day in day out asked the FM for special relaxation treatment for D&G seems conspicuous by his absence from today's press conference.

Presumably he'll now be arguing for a delay to their relaxation to keep the lid on this new outbreak?

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

That’s 9000 job losses from companies making staff redundant after using the furlough scheme.

Will the govt come down hard on them?

Isn't that exactly what they were supposed to do?

The alternative was making people (probably more than 9k) redundant immediately.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What a difference a couple of weeks and a bit of 'optics' makes. Once John Swinney got put back in his box we can all focus on laughing at Boris seeking the plaudits for opening the country back up in vast swathes then immediately getting after locking it all back down 1 region at a time. 

The pendulum has swung again back to looking like scotgov are doing a decent job of the pacing, and are better equipped to open and stay open with the testing data etc being an utter clusterfuck in England. 

I say this as someone who was pretty irate recently over it all. 

When talking about pacing, we should ignore focusing solely on England, and look at ourselves.

Based purely on the Scottish figures we should be further down the road to recovery than we are.

Despite averaging less than 10 cases per day, we still cannot go out for a coffee and a cake or visit a friend indoors...

3 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

She needs to bin these daily announcements and change it to weekly or twice weekly.  Nobody is watching anymore and it's becoming as tired as the clap for the NHS which went on for way longer than it should have.

I'm still watching Nicola's daily announcements.

They stopped doing the UK govt briefings as they continually showed how badly the UK (particularly England) was coping with the spread of the virus compared to almost any other country in the civilised world. 

I agree the clap for the NHS should have been kicked out a long time ago. I took no part in that, as soon as I saw BJ was doing it.

1 minute ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Cluster confirmed in Gretna and Annan area, five new cases after nil cases for nearly two weeks.

The guy from ITV Borders who day in day out asked the FM for special relaxation treatment for D&G seems conspicuous by his absence from today's press conference.

Presumably he'll now be arguing for a delay to their relaxation to keep the lid on this new outbreak?

The only thing that matters is the ability of the health service to cope with the inevitable outbreaks.  It's been shown it can.

There is no vaccine for this illness so if we're waiting for one we might as well lock the country up for good, destroy the economy and let thousands die waiting on procedures and from poverty.

Or we can be sensible.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I'm still watching Nicola's daily announcements.

You're very much in the minority going by the viewing figures.  Everything she comes out with could be summed up easily in a quarter page press release and the only real benefit she's providing is a bit of w**k material for her admirers.

3 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

You're very much in the minority going by the viewing figures.  Everything she comes out with could be summed up easily in a quarter page press release and the only real benefit she's providing is a bit of w**k material for her admirers.

When you live in England you can't help but being "very much in the minority"

Well not really, we are still pish compared to our European neighbours.
The clusterfuck that is the BJ administration should not deflect from how abject the efforts from Holyrood have been.
Haha we're pish but they're fucking super pish doesn't really do it for me.

Aye but we arent chained to our Europeans so heavily in our response and recovery. I think England, with the open land border and the fact that we are in many meaningful aspects, completely governed from there is totally relevant.

That said, I do agree with you that it doesnt mean we are suddenly doing a great job, just that after the schools debacle I was fairly fucked off with the leadership up here and I now feel slightly better about the way things are going and specifically about our ability to hold onto any gains we make, which in the long run will work out far better for us than anyone in Leicester can now expect for example.

Doesnt mean I am suddenly happy about everything, just that the recent events have once again shone a fairly horrendous light on the leadership of the UK govt.

As for the point and laugh.... Tbh if I was given a wee bit of material to score points off the tories during a nuclear holocaust and the end of the world as we know it, I would be chuckling away as I cooked.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Despite averaging less than 10 cases per day, we still cannot go out for a coffee and a cake or visit a friend indoors...

Its clearly different strategies (and aims) either side of the border.

One's working, one isnt.

9 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

I agree. I pretty much watch for the figures then zone out.

The questions are pointless as they are very repetitive, and the vast majority of what NS says after delivering the figures is pointless as, even if there were no cases for days, nothing would change before the next review date.