Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I've recently decided to follow the face mask whilst in a shop advice.

Anyone else doing this?

I know it's now mandatory on public transport but sturgeon wants us wearing them in shops too.

Yesterday in asda i saw only 3 other folk wearing them, 2 of them had them down round their neck (so completely useless). I was in the shop for a good wee while.

Anyone else using them?

I've been self-isolating for umpteen weeks now but last week I had to twice go to my bank to sort out some stuff.

I went on my trusty mobility scooter and wore a face mask.

I was the only person that I saw wearing a mask until I eventually spotted a couple of oriental looking folk wearing masks as well.

The bank teller was wearing a full clear  plastic face-covering.

This is a good idea but I'd be surprised if it actually happens.
NS might however discourage leisure travel to and from England
Hopefully not.

We're looking to go down south in late July as our holiday to Spain has been cancelled.

I doubt we're alone.

9 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

Hopefully not.

We're looking to go down south in late July as our holiday to Spain has been cancelled.

I doubt we're alone.

I'm in the same boat.

Feel very reluctant and irresponsible to head down to Europe's Covid capital.

Not saying I won't go down there, but will be keeping an eye on their progress (or lack of)

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Had to cut down the scrape to every 10th page because it kept getting timeouts and  I don't want Div to think I'm some bot trying to very specifically DDoS by querying every page of this thread over and over. Other than some wobbles nobody's that interested in this thread anymore, the much closer together dates per 10 pages indicates it's mostly just shitposting at this stage:

image.thumb.png.bf2d8d92212a94defcd0ff5583e61d13.png

Did Dominic Cummings drag more people to this thread than the initiat stages of the lockdown coming into effect? 😅

2 hours ago, virginton said:

^^^ speccy drama queen

Who breathes like a dog by the sounds of it

I have done, but often forget to be honest.
It baffled me that those working in the shops aren't wearing them. 

I agree. Why are shop workers not provided with masks and made to wear them?

Now we know they provide a decent level of safety for the wearer and a shit-load more security for others in the shop - I'd have thought that would be a no-brainer.
Good news. Can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually expect tomorrow to be 0 deaths as well.
Tuesday will be interesting. I doubt it'll be 0 that day, but at this rate 0 deaths on a Tuesday can't be far away.
A whole week of 0 deaths must be possible too in the next couple of months.
All this dependent on everyone screwing the head of course.
Remember it takes a couple of weeks before you get very ill (if you're unlikely) and then you'll probably be in hospital for weeks before dying, as they're pretty damn good at keeping people alive.

So there are still people in intensive care across the Scotland, not many fortunately, but some. But they'll have contracted the virus weeks out maybe even months ago so it's not a great statistic for looking at current progress.

I tried a mask on Monday since they were made compulsory on public transport. Despite having it on for less than ten minutes I couldn't breathe, I could feel it on my face for ages after I took it off, and it made my glasses steam up after about three breaths, so I couldn't see anything. Since then I've worn a scarf over my face instead, but I won't be wearing it unless I'm going into a place that tells me I need to. 

18 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I agree. Why are shop workers not provided with masks and made to wear them?

We have and we choose not to 

The masks we have been provided are very basic and last for 20 minutes before we need to put on a knew one. I'm not prepared to do this for an 8 hour shift.

On plus side for my shop. 17 people out of 17 who have been tested have all been negative.

We have nobody right now who is off with symptoms.

I reckon for general public maybe 1 in 50 people maybe wear a mask when coming in. Older people are by far the best when wearing them.  Attempt to but not correctly . 

Some who wear masks don't wear gloves. Those who wear masks usually put them on their chin when inside the shop.

I'm in the same boat.
Feel very reluctant and irresponsible to head down to Europe's Covid capital.
Not saying I won't go down there, but will be keeping an eye on their progress (or lack of)
If we go, the plan is to avoid overcrowded beaches and inner city rioting as much as possible.

The masks we have been provided are very basic and last for 20 minutes before we need to put on a knew one. I'm not prepared to do this for an 8 hour shift.
On plus side for my shop. 17 people out of 17 who have been tested have all been negative.
I reckon for general public maybe 1 in 50 people maybe wear a mask when coming in. Older people are by far the best when wearing them.  Attempt to but not correctly . 
Some who wear masks don't wear gloves. Those who wear masks usually put them on their chin when inside the shop.

Gloves are far less useful than masks for spreading infection. Not even close.

And why does it only last 20 minutes?

5 hours ago, pandarilla said:

I've recently decided to follow the face mask whilst in a shop advice.

Anyone else doing this?

I know it's now mandatory on public transport but sturgeon wants us wearing them in shops too.

Yesterday in asda i saw only 3 other folk wearing them, 2 of them had them down round their neck (so completely useless). I was in the shop for a good wee while.

Anyone else using them?

I bought one last week incase it becomes compulsory to wear one in public but I haven’t worn it yet. When I go to Girvan I’d probably say about 1 in 10 people are wearing them in shops 

Aye same. I’ve also only saw one driver wearing* one
*by wearing I mean he had it around his neck 
Drivers aren't required to wear one if their driving cab has a screen between them and Joe Public.

I suppose it could be argued it would be a better look if they did but just in case you're thinking they're flouting the law.

51 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Down my way, in shops, the people wearing masks are very much in the minority.  That includes the assistants. 

The mix of those who do wear the masks seems to be quite diverse.  Not at all confined to just older people.  

Occasionally see people wearing gloves, but no mask. 

I don't use public transport at the moment, so can't comment on that.

When shopping, I use a mask and gloves.

27 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Gloves are far less useful than masks for spreading infection. Not even close.

And why does it only last 20 minutes?

True. You touch item and put it back and then you touch your face , next customer picks up item and puts it into trolley , person at the cashier ( pending if you do scan as you go ) then touches it and puts it back into  trolley.

4 people have now touched as the filler who put it out also.

Our masks according to guideline we wear for 20 minutes. Dispose and put a new one on 

56 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Sounds about right, from what I've seen.

Does your dragon breath melt the masks?  :o

1 minute ago, beefybake said:

Down my way, in shops, the people wearing masks are very much in the minority.  That includes the assistants. 

The mix of those who do wear the masks seems to be quite diverse.  Not at all confined to just older people.  

Occasionally see people wearing gloves, but no mask. 

I don't use public transport at the moment, so can't comment on that.

When shopping, I use a mask and gloves.

Older people I find great fun. Through out this they have did what they wanted and pretty much carried on like normal regardless of what guidelines were put in place.

I use click and collect shopping. Simple and home within 5 minutes . Downside being dates on items potentially being shite.