Coronavirus (COVID-19)

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I see Kelvingrove Park has been shut by the police.

If the government had only ditched its worse than useless five mile travel restriction then people wouldn't be crammed in like sardines into the most well-known public space in the country's largest city on the hottest day of the year. 

The update is quite telling about the police's attitude to their lockdown powers though:

UPDATE: Inspector Lesley Docherty, of Partick Police Office, said: “The regulations remain that people should only leave the house for very limited purposes, for example for basic necessities, for exercise or recreation, for medical needs or travelling for work which cannot be done from home.

Well no they're not Lesley - those regulations were in fact quite clearly expanded to include (among other things) using parks and open public spaces for sunbathing etc. fully a month ago. So the polis seem to be turning a legitimate reason of intervening to break up larger gatherings into a 'none of you should be here anyway' power trip for themselves, to the surprise of absolutely nobody.

I suppose if folk keep predicting a second wave is incoming after every single major perceived mass gathering they might eventually get it right. A bit like a stopped clock.
FWIW, the brief skim I had of BBC website after work today had infections continuing to drop despite there bow having been long enough to see various lifting of restriction take effect.

Not going for the full "second wavers" chat, and nor will I ever criticise anyone for shoeing the Tories, but the fact of the matter is I dint see how anyone can justify the "too fast" chat.

image.jpeg.ef3805c3d28abd6bb24a97964f2fd318.jpeg

Hospitals ready?
Morgues ready?
Lying politicians ready?
Second wave incoming 
3-2-1

We must surely be on our 4th or 5th wave by now after the VE Day parties, various illegal raves, the mass protests or the last time folk went to the beach.

That's not to say that I agree with thousands of folk descending on beaches today but, at the same time, there's been no indication of a second wave so far despite numerous other instances where large numbers of people have breached the rules.

If a second wave happens, it happens but at this point I really don't see the point in getting worked up over something which as far as I can see is in no way guaranteed.

The ref from Gladiators was an athletics and gymnastics coach all over Scotland, very well regarded according to people I know who worked with him. I once played Fives in Inverness sports centre and on the other side of the curtain he was coaching kids gymnastics. It was disappointing that he never used his catchphrase.

Anyway, we’ve had one round of beaches filling, the VE Day street parties, BLM protests and the easing of lockdown. No spikes in cases yet. Hopefully it continues after this.

The ref from Gladiators was an athletics and gymnastics coach all over Scotland, very well regarded according to people I know who worked with him. I once played Fives in Inverness sports centre and on the other side of the curtain he was coaching kids gymnastics. It was disappointing that he never used his catchphrase.

Anyway, we’ve had one round of beaches filling, the VE Day street parties, BLM protests and the easing of lockdown. No spikes in cases yet. Hopefully it continues after this.

If we do experience a 2nd wave, it’s going to be from American tourists if they’re allowed to travel.

After the positives news about restrictions easing and normal life slowly resuming yesterday. Today the media are back to scaremongering and trying to put the fear back into people. During the news there was a report about Bournemouth beach being heaving and it a “major incident”, Kelvingrove Park cleared by police and also how Europe has suffered the biggest jump in new cases for months. The media fcking love “bad” news regarding Covid 

TBF the 'revellers' in kelvingrove didn't look from the videos I saw to be likely to be doing that instead of going somewhere a bit quieter, a bit further away. 

If anything they mostly looked like horned up teenagers who would struggle to be old enough to drive and would be there specifically because it would be packed, or west end ecto casualties finishing off last nights night out

Edited by madwullie

14 minutes ago, madwullie said:

TBF the 'revellers' in kelvingrove didn't look from the videos I saw to be likely to be doing that instead of going somewhere a bit quieter, a bit further away. 

If anything they mostly looked like horned up teenagers who would struggle to be old enough to drive and would be there specifically because it would be packed, or west end ecto casualties finishing off last nights night out

Erm yes, because teenagers from Glasgow never leave the city in their droves on a normal summer's day. It's that big park in the middle of an essentially landlocked bowl of a city that they're all clamouring for.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Erm yes, because teenagers from Glasgow never leave the city in their droves on a normal summer's day. It's that big park in the middle of an essentially landlocked bowl of a city that they're all clamouring for.

lol you're like a dog with a bone mate. 

After the positives news about restrictions easing and normal life slowly resuming yesterday. Today the media are back to scaremongering and trying to put the fear back into people. During the news there was a report about Bournemouth beach being heaving and it a “major incident”, Kelvingrove Park cleared by police and also how Europe has suffered the biggest jump in new cases for months. The media fcking love “bad” news regarding Covid 

It was the police who declared it a major incident, can’t blame the media for reporting that.

33 minutes ago, madwullie said:

If it keeps the fuckers away from Troon beach then let them battle on.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Going to bed, they've got school in the morning. 

It's the last day tomorrow, they'd be looking out their Cluedo.

The real answer is, they would be doing no harm, just like they are tonight. It's totally different to taking a Jolly Boys Outing to the south coast and going to the beach, in my opinion anyway.

44 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye, if it's not mentioned it hasn't really happened.

48 minutes ago, virginton said:

prior to lockdown, KG was mobbed with folks and their carry outs on most warm summer evenings.