Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Just caught the end of the news there. Something about Trump trying to justify testing fewer people as this would result in fewer positive results. 

Please tell me I misheard that

Just caught the end of the news there. Something about Trump trying to justify testing fewer people as this would result in fewer positive results. 
You cant argue with the mans logic.
I like looking at the stat of covid cases confirmed per million population. Ignoring principalities etc.
Qatar 32,331
Bahrain 13,570
Chile 13,311
Kuwait 9,810
Peru 7,913
Top 5 might be quite a suprise to some.
Particularly how far Qatar is worst in the world.
They are not in the top 10 for testing so no real get out of jail statistic.

26 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

No.

Some of his camp then tried to say that he wasn't being serious, that he was being tongue-in-cheek, or that he was kidding - to which he doubled-down and said that he wasn't kidding.

34 minutes ago, superbigal said:

I like looking at the stat of covid cases confirmed per million population. Ignoring principalities etc.
Qatar 32,331
Bahrain 13,570
Chile 13,311
Kuwait 9,810
Peru 7,913

Only 104 deaths out of 90,000 cases in Qatar as well. It's a small country and pretty much everyone lives in Doha, so probably a good candidate for a high number of cases. Guess the population is probably quite young too hence low deaths. 

48 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Only 104 deaths out of 90,000 cases in Qatar as well. It's a small country and pretty much everyone lives in Doha, so probably a good candidate for a high number of cases. Guess the population is probably quite young too hence low deaths. 

Probably the migrant workers living 50 to a room of each other in slave like conditions.

The Usa is in a bad way.Certain states have now got too quarintine if the travel to other states.Who would have thought trump would make an arse of it

Edited by doulikefish

The Usa is in a bad way.Certain states have now got too quarintine if the travel to other states.Who would have thought trump would make an arse of it

Whilst I think Europe is going to end up alright and might take extra precautions for a couple of years, America is fucked. Trump is withdrawing funding for testing for a start.

2 hours ago, superbigal said:

Qatar 32,331
Bahrain 13,570
Chile 13,311
Kuwait 9,810
Peru 7,913

39 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Probably the migrant workers living 50 to a room of each other in slave like conditions.

Same applies to the outbreaks in Germany and Singapore, scientists couldn't get better places to test herd theory so long as they're kept away from the locals. Not sure about Chile and Peru though.

Edited by welshbairn

11 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Whilst I think Europe is going to end up alright and might take extra precautions for a couple of years, America is fucked. Trump is withdrawing funding for testing for a start.

A strong “taking it on the chin/letting it move through the population” feel.

Sure I’ve “herd” that before somewhere.