Coronavirus (COVID-19)

26 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Please explain.

You don't see the difference between a union with England and a union with the EU?

Given that I've said I was currently in favour of independence (and being in the EU) I clearly do.

You seem to be of the opinion that it would be absolutely impossible for the political landscape of the UK to ever change to allow Scotland to be an equal partner as it has a small percentage of the population, yet this is exactly what it would have in the EU.

My point is simply that, however unlikely it might appear right now, should that shift happen then it is a choice that needs to be given serious consideration ahead of your "Independence at any cost" mantra.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:
Ah, yes. Thousands of people only congregated in Kelvingrove as they feared repercussion of going by the 5 mile from home part of the lockdown. 

Troon and Prestwick were similar yesterday, mobbed but without the "takeaway pint" option as consumption of alcohol in public spaces has been banned by the draconian SAC for years and the police have always taken great delight in enforcing that particular bye law.

yip same at Girvan. The parks and beach was busy. The snack bar and chippy were mobbed with motorbike guys. I got chatting to two of them who’d came from Stranraer (30 miles away). Outside the snack bar there was a group of about 20 of them and social distancing wasn’t going on. From day 1 they’ve flouted it. Maybe the leather gear repels covid, who knows 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

yip same at Girvan. The parks and beach was busy. The snack bar and chippy were mobbed with motorbike guys. I got chatting to two of them who’d came from Stranraer (30 miles away). Outside the snack bar there was a group of about 20 of them and social distancing wasn’t going on. From day 1 they’ve flouted it. Maybe the leather gear repels covid, who knows 

Didn't repel you.

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

13 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Didn't repel you.

MRW a Hot Girl Sits Next to Me on the Bus - GIF on Imgur

27 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Didn't repel you.

There is something quite funny about people turning up to places and complaining how busy it is. How dare they do the same things we are doing! 

People's choices are very limited in terms of what they can actually go out and do so it shouldn't be any great surprise until more opens up. In the meantime, we all have a choice - if you're not comfortable, stay inside or go elsewhere. 

Edited by Michael W

17 minutes ago, Michael W said:

There is something quite funny about people turning up to places and complaining how busy it is. How dare they do the same things we are doing! 

People's choices are very limited in terms of what they can actually go out and do so it shouldn't be any great surprise until more opens up. In the meantime, we all have a choice - if you're not comfortable, stay inside or go elsewhere. 

I wasnt complaining, just stating how it was. Girvan is on my doorstep (I can cycle to it in 20 mins) so I wasn’t “turning up” there. As I’ve stated before I actually find it so much better to see the roads and beachs/parks busier than when lockdown began and it was so empty and eery. I just object to there being no public toilets open and seeing folk peeing against the snack bar wall 

+26 cases today. 4 less than last Sunday. I assume the daily totals have been updated to include the newly available figures (at least as far back as last Thursday) as I don't remember 30 being announced. 7 day average now exactly 21. Last Sunday it was 23. Not a huge decrease, but it's not clear if the adjusted figures go back further than last Thursday so it might be a better trend than it looks. We'll know more this time next week.

+0 deaths meaning we finish the week with 24 announced deaths, with a 7 day average now of 3. Be interesting to see how this compares to the NRS figure on Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I was at Bruntsfield Links yesterday. The toilets are still closed, so instead the wall of the building was being used by huge numbers of people. There was actual piles of human shite the likes of which I haven’t seen since T in the Park.

Aye the next day was far better.

6B7B070E-129B-41B5-857F-A3AB5796E798.jpeg

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Yeah thats not good news from a country that the population will respect the rules/guidance a lot better than here 

Just watched a report its above 2 in some parts 

Edited by doulikefish

14 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Yeah thats not good news from a country that the population will respect the rules/guidance a lot better than here 

Just watched a report its above 2 in some parts 

2 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Worse than that 

Or 

The institute stressed that the increases were mainly due to local outbreaks in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, where more than 1,300 workers at a meat-processing plant were recently found to have been infected.

https://m.dw.com/en/coronavirus-latest-german-reproduction-rate-spikes-60-in-a-day/a-53886880

f**k the R number

1 minute ago, Turkmenbashi said:

Or 

The institute stressed that the increases were mainly due to local outbreaks in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia, where more than 1,300 workers at a meat-processing plant were recently found to have been infected.

https://m.dw.com/en/coronavirus-latest-german-reproduction-rate-spikes-60-in-a-day/a-53886880

f**k the R number

f**k the frikadellen by the sounds of it