Coronavirus (COVID-19)

So the Norwich player who tested positive on Saturday, has since returned a negative test. He will now undergo a third test and an antibody test to see if he still has, or if he had, Covid19. Regardless of the outcomes, neither his teammates or the Spurs players he played against are having to isolate.

Guest Bob Mahelp
5 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The evidence from countries across Europe has shown that new case numbers can continue to fall despite resteictions being eased. Why do we need to be so much more cautious than everyone else? The benefits of doing so are negligible at best, but the damage they cause is much greater.

Slap me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's any country in Europe where restrictions have been eased then the rate of infections picked up. 

We seem to be at the point now where the balance is tipping towards devastating economic damage if we don't start to ease restrictions. I do hope that Sturgeon's naturally cautious approach to events doesn't backfire. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

29 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

So just move them along. The one way system is doing absolutely nothing to mitigate that. As I said earlier, if I spend 15 minutes within 2 metres of the same person at any point during the day, chances are it's my wife or kids. If it's someone in Tescos, I want to know why the f**k they are that close to me for that long. It simply doesnt happen. 

Are markings on the floor really inconveniencing you at all? It's there as a guide, nobody is going to phone the polis if you walk the wrong way. I can't say any of the one way systems have hindered the way I do my shopping and I actually think under current circumstances shopping is more enjoyable - you don't have scores of families rocking up for their daily aimless wander around the shop, picking up everything and looking at it as they go. People get in, get what they're in for and f**k off. The way it should be.

Slap me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there's any country in Europe where have restrictions have been eased then the rate of infections picked up. 
We seem to be at the point now where the balance is tipping towards devastating economic damage if we don't start to ease restrictions. I do hope that Sturgeon's naturally cautious approach to events doesn't backfire. 
Shes now talking about the requirement to extend furlough beyond October. That's four months from now, and basically the assumption that some lockdown conditions remain in place preventing some businesses from operating.

Even the businesses who are just hanging on with furlough to see what's left for them cant go on forever. Every business has costs. The idea that some watered down furlough is the silver bullet to protect all these jobs and allow us to be the only country determined to be covid free before getting back to normality is fucking ludicrous. Especially when we have several international airports, an open land border with England and an economy which will rely plenty on tourism to aid its recovery.

Are markings on the floor really inconveniencing you at all? It's there as a guide, nobody is going to phone the polis if you walk the wrong way. I can't say any of the one way systems have hindered the way I do my shopping and I actually think under current circumstances shopping is more enjoyable - you don't have scores of families rocking up for their daily aimless wander around the shop, picking up everything and looking at it as they go. People get in, get what they're in for and f**k off. The way it should be.

They dont, and I have followed them. I am just questioning the need or benefit.

26 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

So the Norwich player who tested positive on Saturday, has since returned a negative test. He will now undergo a third test and an antibody test to see if he still has, or if he had, Covid19. Regardless of the outcomes, neither his teammates or the Spurs players he played against are having to isolate.

two out of three ain't bad | Tumblr

32 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

The Tommy Morrison of Norwich.

Anyway, schools in Beijing have been closed again due to their outbreak.

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Drove to Stratford-upon-Avon, which is only half an hour from my house.

Public toilets open and an attendant cleaning them constantly.

There is a barge on the canal selling beer (and Pimms) on tap.

And how was your eyesight?!

Drove to the supermarket with the girlfriend on Saturday. We don't live together, but she has a carer's card and I'm technically a vulnerable adult, so neither of us have been bound by every stricture of lockdown right from the very beginning. Anyway, we park the car, queue together observing the 2m requirement from other people, get to the head of the queue only to be told 'one adult per household only'. I explain that we're from different households, upon which the employee insists we enter the store separately, and stay distanced 2m from each other until we leave the shop, which we jokingly did, before we jumped back in the car and headed back to mine.

I accept the employee is only following the company guidelines, but I'm baffled as to how I can be hanging out the back of the missus on Saturday morning, drive to the shop with her, but then have to avoid going within 2m of her at any point while inside the shop. Funnily enough, they clearly weren't bothered by the screeds of other pairs of adults standing right next to each other, blocking the aisles, while arguing over which brand of energy drink wee Jaxxon preferred.

14 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Drove to the supermarket with the girlfriend on Saturday. We don't live together, but she has a carer's card and I'm technically a vulnerable adult, so neither of us have been bound by every stricture of lockdown right from the very beginning. Anyway, we park the car, queue together observing the 2m requirement from other people, get to the head of the queue only to be told 'one adult per household only'. I explain that we're from different households, upon which the employee insists we enter the store separately, and stay distanced 2m from each other until we leave the shop, which we jokingly did, before we jumped back in the car and headed back to mine.

I accept the employee is only following the company guidelines, but I'm baffled as to how I can be hanging out the back of the missus on Saturday morning, drive to the shop with her, but then have to avoid going within 2m of her at any point while inside the shop. Funnily enough, they clearly weren't bothered by the screeds of other pairs of adults standing right next to each other, blocking the aisles, while arguing over which brand of energy drink wee Jaxxon preferred.

Assuming you live in Scotland you shouldn't be doing either of those things

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Assuming you live in Scotland you shouldn't be doing either of those things

Again, I'm a vulnerable adult, and she's a carer. We've been permitted to meet right from the beginning of lockdown since I have literally no other support, and I've been free to travel anywhere within Scotland since April.

Just now, Boo Khaki said:

Again, I'm a vulnerable adult, and she's a carer. We've been permitted to meet right from the beginning of lockdown since I have literally no other support, and I've been free to travel anywhere within Scotland since April.

I'm not convinced shagging the person caring for you is quite within the spirit of the exceptions tbh

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not convinced shagging the person caring for you is quite within the spirit of the exceptions tbh

Me neither, but it's still a bit odd that I can without breaking any regulations, yet we can't set foot within 2m of each other while inside a supermarket.

They must have come across other instances of two adults shopping together, and if we had simply queued one behind the other they wouldn't have known. It's just one of those 'computer says no' situations where we've been compelled to follow covid restrictions for no logical reasons whatsoever. It's not a complaint, we just found it humorous, and had a good laugh about it. It was an excuse to tell her to gtf right in front of bemused shop staff anyway.

45 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

You could have just shown them her carer's card. The point is to have as few people as possible in the shop at one time, they would probably have had no way of telling that you needed to shop together.

Edited by welshbairn

43 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Did you remember to put your clothes back on?

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You could have just shown them her carer's card. The point is to have as few people as possible in the shop at one time, they would probably have had no way of telling that you needed to shop together.

Yep, realised after the fact. I'm not sure she was carrying it at the time as when we left the house we didn't actually intend to go to the supermarket.

10 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Me neither, but it's still a bit odd that I can without breaking any regulations, yet we can't set foot within 2m of each other while inside a supermarket.

They must have come across other instances of two adults shopping together, and if we had simply queued one behind the other they wouldn't have known. It's just one of those 'computer says no' situations where we've been compelled to follow covid restrictions for no logical reasons whatsoever. It's not a complaint, we just found it humorous, and had a good laugh about it. It was an excuse to tell her to gtf right in front of bemused shop staff anyway.

Are you sure your interpreting the rules right?  I'm not sure you're allowed to mix with and shag just any old carer.  Only the one 'assigned' to you, surely?  Is she not going back to her vulnerable clients after spending the day with you?

8 minutes ago, The DA said:

Are you sure your interpreting the rules right?  I'm not sure you're allowed to mix with and shag just any old carer.  Only the one 'assigned' to you, surely?  Is she not going back to her vulnerable clients after spending the day with you?

She's not a professional carer. She has vulnerable parents who have been in isolation since March, and I have periods where I literally can't get out of bed, can't care for myself, so in a worst case scenario she is my one and only means of feeding myself, paying bills etc. She's my girlfriend, and since the advent of Covid, is also my assigned carer.

She has legal power of attorney for her mother, hence the carers card, but her father is also considered vulnerable as far as Covid goes. She's also my next of kin because I have no contact with any blood relatives. I manage perfectly well most of the time without any formal help, but we both thought that it was prudent back in March if I nominated her my designated carer in case I couldn't get to the shops, pay my bills etc.

Edited by Boo Khaki

The impression I got yesterday is that we are well ahead of the game in terms of a timetable and delivery model, our headteacher is very experienced in timetabling and is a maths geek so I think he and the SMT have been working hard to get something in place (I now need to make sense of it!)

One challenge we now have is trying to disseminate that information to all the kids and parents/carers in a way that presents the timetable in an accessible format.

Our timetable is done and issued - all down to one SMT who is the main timetabler - she's very efficient when it comes to these things.