Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Pray for the world if we all end up on Dexamethasone. On treatment I had to 20 of these fuckers every day for 4 days every week. I slept about 2 hours a day for those 4 days, was the angriest person you'll ever meet and then side effect no one tells you about - it makes you spend money (maybe that's why they are recommending it). I know people that have bought a speedboat, a motorcycle, hundreds of pounds on clothes all during the wee hours because of Dex. I bought about 500 packets of these one night on amazon. Pretty sure @Rugster was close to divorce. 

BK323006.jpg

On the bright side though, you had a mountain of crispy rolls at the end of it. The greatest chocolate out there.

20 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I need to go to the bank in order to cash a cheque. What time are the banks open until currently? I have looked on the RBS website and it contradicts itself. My nearest RBS is about half an hour away on the train, so I don't want to make an unnecessary trip.

Do you not have a post office closer by? You can deposit a cheque there.

2 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

40mg a day! They'll support the economy if the government don't. 

I'm just on 24, 8mg 12 hours, 3 hours and 1 hour before 3 weekly chemo. Last sesh on Friday!

7 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

We are B2B, we educate & inform first but will invite you to leave if you don't comply. If you still refuse to leave then StaffSafe will be used & the Police will become involved. The vast majority of the time however, a friendly reminder & some customer service skills that do not involve being a sneering, condescending p***k does the trick as people generally want to follow the rules but they just forget sometimes.

You sound an absolute hoot to work with, can't imagine why your team are sick of your "one man one-way crusade".

Edited by The Moonster

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

🤣🤣 why would the police be getting involved because someone didn't follow an arrow you stuck to the floor?

Serious answer, we have been instructed to tell repeat offenders to leave the Premises, if they refuse or become abusive we activate our personal alarms & the Police will attend when the call centre verify we have an issue. 

[emoji1787][emoji1787] why would the police be getting involved because someone didn't follow an arrow you stuck to the floor?
Because if someone is raging outside a store, then the police will be needed.

It's not about the 'crime'. It's about the inevitable escalation. I think shops probably have the right to ask you to leave if you're not meeting their standards for health and safety.

I agree with you on the main issues here but you're posting style is actually converting people to the opposite position. Take a wee breather from time to time.

Just now, The Moonster said:

You sound an absolute hoot to work with, can't imagine why your team are sick of your "one man one-way crusade".

They love me really but I can be a pain in the arse about it sometimes.

Our local park has a one way system around the lake. It's about  3/4 of a mile around but only has about 4 one way signs. There is only one small bridge where you'd have to get close to someone going the other way. 

Some PE teacher looking citizen was pulling up transgressors in a polite but annoying manner. Except a timid looking young couple they all just ignored him and kept going. 

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Btw, I wish I was joking about this but our H&S team are coming in and checking CCTV to make sure it is being enforced. I know someone who has had a Written Warning for failing to enforce it in his BC so I have to be paranoid about it.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Because if someone is raging outside a store, then the police will be needed.

To be fair he didn't mention anyone being abusive.

He can't talk about not being a condescending p***k in the same breath as talking about how they "educate and inform" customers.

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

Btw, I wish I was joking about this but our H&S team are coming in and checking CCTV to make sure it is being enforced. I know someone who has had a Written Warning for failing to enforce it in his BC so I have to be paranoid about it.

Your employer sounds delightful

1 minute ago, Perkin Flump said:

Sounds like a scare story your boss has put round the place to keep people in check tbh. No sane person is going to waste time or resources having people check CCTV for an entire day to make sure people follow wee arrows on the floor.

I need to go to the bank in order to cash a cheque. What time are the banks open until currently? I have looked on the RBS website and it contradicts itself. My nearest RBS is about half an hour away on the train, so I don't want to make an unnecessary trip.
Could you not use a post office if it's closer? They have the facilities to take pay ins.

On the other hand, does the RBS mobile app allow paying in cheques? I know other banks do.

9 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Serious answer, we have been instructed to tell repeat offenders to leave the Premises, if they refuse or become abusive we activate our personal alarms & the Police will attend when the call centre verify we have an issue. 

If you do need to call the police you need to deploy a John Bunnell style zinger from world's wildest police videos. 

"There's only one way you're going now: straight to jail."

Please do this. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Sounds like a scare story your boss has put round the place to keep people in check tbh. No sane person is going to waste time or resources having people check CCTV for an entire day to make sure people follow wee arrows on the floor.

I know the person involved, it happened.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

If you do need to call the police you need to deploy a John Bunnell style zinger from world's wildest police videos. 

"There's only one way you're going now: straight to jail."

Please do this. 

I wish, it's far more boring than that, they listen in then call the Police if we request it or they can hear an issue.