Coronavirus (COVID-19)

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You seriously need to give it a rest. There are times you make a lot of sense on some topics - but these posts are just ridiculously OTT and without substance - they fail the statement of verifiable fact test - it make you look like a complete dick.

It's Oaksoft levels of hate against the teaching profession - you don't know me, you don't know what I do, you are in no position to make a judgement about me or sweeping generalisations about teachers.

End of.

I'm afraid that while using 'End of' to clinch your argument might work when you're browbeating a bunch of eleven year old weans it just makes you look like an utter fool on here, as well as in real life. You hate to see it happen.

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c764bbf957abb54428cdf8b5f8f41081.jpg

Well not really, given that:
i) they aren't receiving 100% pay in exchange for doing f**k all and
ii) are mostly private sector employees with no state-mandated task of educating its citizens. 
Nobody cares about the employee of some faceless corporate organisation playing CoD in the middle of a virus lockdown then; they do however care about marginalised students being left behind because state employees preferred to keep their ski holiday window open during the February week. 

10 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Don’t say these facts of his are not verifiable. He’ll use his report regarding a few thousand English kids to make judgements about Scottish teachers again.

He’s got no clue of what goes on in the job and comes across as a complete tool when he tries to validate his opinions on the profession. Best ignored.

In what way does an independent report by the Children's Commissioner, surveying the actual activity of thousands of schoolchildren under home schooling sit beneath 'here's what me and all my hard working colleagues do!!!111!!!', self-aggrandising anecdotes as credible evidence for the efforts of the teaching profession right now?

Edited by vikingTON

Don’t say these facts of his are not verifiable. He’ll use his report regarding a few thousand English kids to make judgements about Scottish teachers again.

He’s got no clue of what goes on in the job and comes across as a complete tool when he tries to validate his opinions on the profession. Best ignored.
Didn't take him long to reply.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Didn't take him long to reply.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

As I say, best ignored. It’s a circular argument with no end point.

He thinks all teachers are lazy, we all think he is a complete tube. I’m satisfied to leave it at that that.

As I say, best ignored. It’s a circular argument with no end point.

He thinks all teachers are lazy, we all think he is a complete tube. I’m satisfied to leave it at that that.
Agreed - why I said "End of" - going round in circles is an understatement.

[emoji16]

4 hours ago, bendan said:

There seem to have been cases where the NHS used spare capacity in homes to free up beds in hospitals by transferring untested elderly.

I would suggest then that care homes lack any infection control measures then. Because if that person was then symptomatic they should have been tested and isolated/ transferred to hospital. The crux of this will be if the virus spread in the care homes or it is all 'outside' cases. If it's the former then the care home companies should be battered, I see PE reported the company that owned the home in Skye moved well over £10M off shore in the last 12 months

Somewhat tangential but there was a guy I went to school with who got a first class honours (in History funnily enough) that was always a fairly mild mannered, quiet guy in any of my classes at school.
When I still had a Facebook account it was kind of horrible to watch him drift away into the alt right in the span of about a year (he started posted stuff about filling in online surveys for hours at a time to make money out of sheer desperation, failing his driving test, an acrimonious break-up with his girlfriend, not being able to get a decent job which I suspect was maybe due to interviewing really poorly as he was always a little bit twitchy when he was at school and all sorts of little Peep Show esque "life is fucking me over" moments besides)
At a certain point he started spraffing stuff about God Emperor Trump, smug pictures of Farage, evil feminazi's, communism is evil and will never ever work and the like, and I think he managed to alienate a lot of people in his social circle through it all. Your last paragraph sounds absolutely bang on about him projecting his inferiority; I always got the impression he wasn't able to understand why he wasn't getting whatever he wanted out of life and got taken in by Lyle Lanley types.
It was kind of eye opening as to it not just being thick gammon c***s that end up attracted to the alt right, if nothing else.
Is he on Black & White Army perchance, that seems the norm over there !

7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:
Somewhat tangential but there was a guy I went to school with who got a first class honours (in History funnily enough) that was always a fairly mild mannered, quiet guy in any of my classes at school.
When I still had a Facebook account it was kind of horrible to watch him drift away into the alt right in the span of about a year (he started posted stuff about filling in online surveys for hours at a time to make money out of sheer desperation, failing his driving test, an acrimonious break-up with his girlfriend, not being able to get a decent job which I suspect was maybe due to interviewing really poorly as he was always a little bit twitchy when he was at school and all sorts of little Peep Show esque "life is fucking me over" moments besides)
At a certain point he started spraffing stuff about God Emperor Trump, smug pictures of Farage, evil feminazi's, communism is evil and will never ever work and the like, and I think he managed to alienate a lot of people in his social circle through it all. Your last paragraph sounds absolutely bang on about him projecting his inferiority; I always got the impression he wasn't able to understand why he wasn't getting whatever he wanted out of life and got taken in by Lyle Lanley types.
It was kind of eye opening as to it not just being thick gammon c***s that end up attracted to the alt right, if nothing else.

Is he on Black & White Army perchance, that seems the norm over there !

Boy was predominantly a Celtic fan, think he's been at a handful of Dumbarton games over the years as well. Haven't been on b&w army but going by Reynard and Lex's contributions on here I can believe it, ha.

Oh aye, had forgotten to mention that the guy I'm referring to was a massive fan of that Count Dankula roaster and all.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Why do you think?

It's horrendous that we can't have proper funerals which allow people to grieve properly.

I'm not sure why you wanted to bring people protesting about racial injustice into it, hence my question.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's horrendous that we can't have proper funerals which allow people to grieve properly.

I'm not sure why you wanted to bring people protesting about racial injustice into it, hence my question.

If they had been gathering in the capital to protest about the new Aberdeen kit I would still feel the same way, but I suspect you know that fine and well, and that the cause of their protest is not the issue.