Coronavirus (COVID-19)

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
1 hour ago, peasy23 said:
An embarrassing about turn by the WM government regarding having all primary kids in England back in school before the summer. It turns out that head teachers and teaching staff actually knew what was physically possible to achieve in regards to social distancing in their schools, rather than the usual muppets in government who only really wanted the kids back in school so that their parents can go to work.

And going by the head teachers being interviewed on tv news it seems their planning now is for a full normal pre lockdown return in September. The headteachers that is not the WM Govt. If everything keeps going as it is I don't disagree.

That would be a good idea

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

And going by the head teachers being interviewed on tv news it seems their planning now is for a full normal pre lockdown return in September. The headteachers that is not the WM Govt. If everything keeps going as it is I don't disagree.

If schools aren't required to maintain any social distancing in September then it must be tossed into the bin for every other part of everyday life as well. Unless they're going to try and peddle that 'but weans don't get it bad so probably don't pass it on' horseshit line for about the 12th time during this outbreak so far.

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

If schools aren't required to maintain any social distancing in September then it must be tossed into the bin for every other part of everyday life as well. Unless they're going to try and peddle that 'but weans don't get it bad so probably don't pass it on' horseshit line for about the 12th time during this outbreak so far.

There is no evidence that age makes any difference to the ability to catch covid-19, over the age of 15 anyway.

Very few under 15s have tested positive. Whether that is because they are less likely to catch it  or are simply less affected by it it and are therefore less likely to show symptoms which would cause them to get a test, is unclear.

20200609_170046.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

Kids seem more likely to fall into the totally asymptomatic bracket which was discussed as being very rare for transmission.

That, and the fact that social distancing for kids is a non starter for anyone who has ever seen even a small group of young kids interacting. And even if they could do it, we absolutely should be loathe to allow their early learning to include that you have to stay away from other humans in case you get germs.

I was fortunate enough that there was never an outbreak of "bairnardo germs" at primary school, but there were some pretty popular pathogens, and the whole thing could get pretty nasty.

45 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why are queues for McDonalds related to exercise?

Nation with chronic obesity and lack of exercise issues yet folks go Tonto for it.  Maybe it's just me but I just don't get the obsession with McDs that makes people want to queue for third rate burger. 

8 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Half mile?

You must live in a good area.

Kirkintilloch. So definitely not posh. 🤣

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I actually done this with my mate the other day - here is the Psychopath test:

•  glib and superficial charm
•  grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
•  need for stimulation
•  pathological lying
•  cunning and manipulativeness
•  lack of remorse or guilt
•  shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
•  callousness and lack of empathy
•  parasitic lifestyle
•  poor behavioral controls
•  sexual promiscuity
•  early behavior problems
•  lack of realistic long-term goals
•  impulsivity
•  irresponsibility
•  failure to accept responsibility for own actions
•  many short-term marital relationships
•  juvenile delinquency
•  revocation of conditional release
•  criminal versatility

Scoring system is 0, 1 or 2 points based on how severe each item is for that person. Anyone scoring over 30 would be considered for psychopathic treatment. I don't know about you but when I go through that list and apply each one to Johnson I find myself nodding and saying "yip" to just about all of them.

Wouldn't most of those points apply to at least half the male population of Scotland?

17 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

There is no evidence that age makes any difference to the ability to catch covid-19, over the age of 15 anyway.

Very few under 15s have tested positive. Whether that is because they are less likely to catch it  or are simply less affected by it it and are therefore less likely to show symptoms which would cause them to get a test, is unclear.

20200609_170046.jpg

That would suggest a link to estrogen levels.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Kids seem more likely to fall into the totally asymptomatic bracket which was discussed as being very rare for transmission.

Are they, or are they more likely to fall into the bracket of 'it's mebbe just their 15th bout of the sniffles this year' and not actually get tested for it?

That, and the fact that social distancing for kids is a non starter for anyone who has ever seen even a small group of young kids interacting. And even if they could do it, we absolutely should be loathe to allow their early learning to include that you have to stay away from other humans in case you get germs.

If the mantra is that social distancing is essential though then the correct policy is to accept that weans won't stick to it and keep the schools closed if it cannot be achieved. Creating a magical exception for schools and just hoping that they don't just spread the virus from household to household via that method instead makes a mockery of the message. If it's okay inside a secondary school of 1000 weans five days a week then it's quite clearly okay for an outdoor football match at Stair Park once a fortnight for example.

Edited by vikingTON

27 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

20200609_170046.jpg

Interesting that more woman seem to get it (and by a very large amount) yet there are significantly more male deaths from it. 

Wonder if the higher number of female cases is related to many key worker positions (particularly in healthcare) being female-dominated environments. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Well she's obviously different in her policy to any Westminster PM listed there, a huge difference being the renewal and upkeep of trident which is a fairly big moral issue. Her politics are quite clearly different, not sure that requires justification.

I know she's not a psychopath because she quite clearly has empathy for others. I haven't seen any acts of callousness from her, quite the opposite in fact. 

I'm not sure what you mean by creepy voting patterns.

I can't speak for anyone else but I believed her when she said she was crying in her bed at night at the height of the current crisis. I can imagine Boris sat with his feet up watching the telly and shouting on his missus to bring him a can. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Interesting that more woman seem to get it (and by a very large amount) yet there are significantly more male deaths from it.

In Scotland it is almost exactly 50/50

1950 female / 1961 male

Screenshot_20200609-173123_Opera.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

7 minutes ago, virginton said:

Are they, or are they more likely to fall into the bracket of 'it's mebbe just their 15th bout of the sniffles this year' and not actually get tested for it?

I  am speculating, although I doubt the data available that so far has suggested that kids are barely affected by this is based on parents dismissing actual covid symptoms as just the sniffles. 

I'm pretty sure if schools are back to pre C19 ways, most if not all aspects of society will be. Interesting to read that despite confirmation that all non essential retailers can reopen in England from Monday plenty including some big chains (Primark for example) have issued statements saying they have no intention of reopening next week citing they will only reopen when THEY feel it is safe for them to do so. Clearly confidence in all sectors of society has been severely dented.

If the mantra is that social distancing is essential though then the correct policy is to accept that weans won't stick to it and keep the schools closed if it cannot be achieved. Creating a magical exception for schools and just hoping that they don't just spread the virus from household to household via that method instead makes a mockery of the message. If it's okay inside a secondary school of 1000 weans five days a week then it's quite clearly okay for an outdoor football match at Stair Park once a fortnight for example.

It seems O'Leary thinks he can fly 200+ on an aircraft with no social distancing from the UK by next week yet junior football grounds won't get to open for the same number fully socially distanced in the open air weeks later. How the f**k can that be allowed to happen. Ryanair are surely talking shite ?

3 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Is the spread in Scotland between male and female life expectancy not bigger than in most other places. So more older woman results in more female deaths. 

The only category where female deaths outstrip males is 85+ so i imagine that will play a part

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The only category where female deaths outstrip males is 85+ so i imagine that will play a part

Like Greece and Africa the best way to have a small number of Covid deaths is for potential victims to have already died of something else.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I  am speculating, although I doubt the data available that so far has suggested that kids are barely affected by this is based on parents dismissing actual covid symptoms as just the sniffles. 

The actual (official) Covid symptoms are ones that parents would have just dished out Calpol for without thinking twice until three months ago. Which is still probably the best treatment for it but you just can't let them run around a classroom with twenty other weans until the full infection cycle is over.

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Wonder if the higher number of female cases is related to many key worker positions (particularly in healthcare) being female-dominated environments. 

Some from that column and some from men being more reluctant to seek medical help and therefore get tested generally, never mind for mild cases. 

3 hours ago, Tenkay said:

1) People don’t like  restrictions or uncertainty.  

2)  No Need to panic buy toilet paper

3) Never take anything for granted.

4) Appreciate what you've got!   

5)  Have more respect  for NHS staff and other key workers that are trying to help you!

AND....

6) That the Scottish goverment has looked after us much more sensibly, than the tories have the people down south...

So not a lot then, whereas Countries that didn't lockdown are 6 months ahead in terms of creating a "herd immunity" against the virus.