Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

.....but had a higher death rate because the country is full of fat junkies.

My one hope was that folk would have got into the positive habit of taking regular exercise and look to continue this beyond lock down. 

This optimism was them shattered with the half mile queues for McDs drive thru.....

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Isn't the role of PM always going to attract people like that? To want to be PM you have to have a psychopathic hunger for power and be willing to trample people. Couldn't believe it when I heard Theresa May say about how she'd have no bother pressing the nuke button. What kind of shell of a human would be happy to nuke folk? Tony Blair - the best education money can buy, a "Christian", yet happy to start a war on false pretenses. Cameron - another empty vessel. Quite like the theory that the likes of Johsnon, Cameron and Blair all lack empathy by being sent of to boarding school and their whole careers are based on them lacking the input of maternal love and empathy. 

I don't really disagree that the role of PM at Westminster has attracted that sort of individual but I don't think you can say it's the same the world over. Sturgeon isn't anything like that.

An embarrassing about turn by the WM government regarding having all primary kids in England back in school before the summer. It turns out that head teachers and teaching staff actually knew what was physically possible to achieve in regards to social distancing in their schools, rather than the usual muppets in government who only really wanted the kids back in school so that their parents can go to work.

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't really disagree that the role of PM at Westminster has attracted that sort of individual but I don't think you can say it's the same the world over. Sturgeon isn't anything like that.

How would you know she isn't anything like that. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

How do I know Nicola Sturgeon isn't like any of those PM's listed? Or how do I know Nicola Sturgeon isn't a psychopath?

Both, I find the  voting patterns at Holyrood creepy. 

My one hope was that folk would have got into the positive habit of taking regular exercise and look to continue this beyond lock down. 
This optimism was them shattered with the half mile queues for McDs drive thru.....

Why are queues for McDonalds related to exercise?

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Both, I find the  voting patterns at Holyrood creepy. 

Well she's obviously different in her policy to any Westminster PM listed there, a huge difference being the renewal and upkeep of trident which is a fairly big moral issue. Her politics are quite clearly different, not sure that requires justification.

I know she's not a psychopath because she quite clearly has empathy for others. I haven't seen any acts of callousness from her, quite the opposite in fact. 

I'm not sure what you mean by creepy voting patterns.

41 minutes ago, Detournement said:

No one cares about this any more. 

If we don't see a spike in the next couple of weeks from all the increased activity get the pubs and gyms open as normal. 

Partially agreed.

The goalposts have been shifted so far from their original position it's incredible.

Wear a mask for a bit till it completely fucks off if that's the way it needs to be, but let's stop pretending everything we are doing is proportionate now. Despite having a tiny number of new cases / ICU admissions / Deaths etc we have (I think) the tightest restrictions in Europe.

One look at social media will show you vast numbers of young people aren't sticking to the rules any more. Pretending it's a minority doesn't make it so. There are no signs of any ill effects of this 11 days in.

Let people shield if they wish, but it's completely unnecessary to restrict everyone to the extent we still are.

Edited by Todd_is_God

I actually done this with my mate the other day - here is the Psychopath test:
•  glib and superficial charm
•  grandiose (exaggeratedly high) estimation of self
•  need for stimulation
•  pathological lying
•  cunning and manipulativeness
•  lack of remorse or guilt
•  shallow affect (superficial emotional responsiveness)
•  callousness and lack of empathy
•  parasitic lifestyle
•  poor behavioral controls
•  sexual promiscuity
•  early behavior problems
•  lack of realistic long-term goals
•  impulsivity
•  irresponsibility
•  failure to accept responsibility for own actions
•  many short-term marital relationships
•  juvenile delinquency
•  revocation of conditional release
•  criminal versatility
Scoring system is 0, 1 or 2 points based on how severe each item is for that person. Anyone scoring over 30 would be considered for psychopathic treatment. I don't know about you but when I go through that list and apply each one to Johnson I find myself nodding and saying "yip" to just about all of them.
Sounds like Trump's autobiography.

3 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Who are these angry shielding people journalists speak to? 

No one is making shielded people stay at home. It is a personal choice. You weigh up the risks and make a choice. How can anyone be angry at the government for trying to protect them? 

I'm not really one for MSM /BBC tinfoil hattery, but some of the shit they've been coming out with over the last few months seems to have little point other than to sow confusion / create controversy from nothing. 

26 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well she's obviously different in her policy to any Westminster PM listed there, a huge difference being the renewal and upkeep of trident which is a fairly big moral issue. Her politics are quite clearly different, not sure that requires justification.

I know she's not a psychopath because she quite clearly has empathy for others. I haven't seen any acts of callousness from her, quite the opposite in fact. 

I'm not sure what you mean by creepy voting patterns.

How do we know she has empathy, she might just bo on a save her own arse mission. 

The SNP members vote like a dictatorship, even the shite stuff usually gets total support. 

1 hour ago, PWL said:

Must admit, I'm in no way a regular McD customer.

I do though rather like their fries on an occasional basis,

and always plump for a banana shake.  Love it.

The rest of the meal, eg, Big Mac..., I forgive myself on the basis that

I'm conducting research to confirm that it's just as bad as it's always been.

Edited by beefybake

1 hour ago, PWL said:

Half mile?

You must live in a good area.

The cocks round here start queuing around Stirling.

Quite amusing though that they queue for ages at the retail park when a mile away at Earls gate is dead

Half mile?
You must live in a good area.
The cocks round here start queuing around Stirling.
Quite amusing though that they queue for ages at the retail park when a mile away at Earls gate is dead
Can confirm Earl's Gate was around a 7 minute wait at 15:50 yesterday

An embarrassing about turn by the WM government regarding having all primary kids in England back in school before the summer. It turns out that head teachers and teaching staff actually knew what was physically possible to achieve in regards to social distancing in their schools, rather than the usual muppets in government who only really wanted the kids back in school so that their parents can go to work.
And going by the head teachers being interviewed on tv news it seems their planning now is for a full normal pre lockdown return in September. The headteachers that is not the WM Govt. If everything keeps going as it is I don't disagree.

5 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

How do we know she has empathy, she might just bo on a save her own arse mission. 

Do you actually believe there's a chance that Nicola Sturgeon is a psychopath or are you just being a contrarian for the sake of it?

If you have any evidence that supports the view she's a psychopath I'm all ears, this "well we don't know, she might be absolutely off her head" isn't an argument.