Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Was anyone on here aware that the expanded hours for Nursery kids has been binned and they are back to 600 hours?

We had an email from our son's nursery about this yesterday. The expanded hours apparently might still apply in some areas (although I'm not clear what the criteria are), and families on low income can get 900 hours.

The other thing that they mentioned was that children should attend just one nursery during phases 1 and 2, and that this might be extended out to phases 3 and 4. Before all this happened, our son split his time between two nurseries, so some decisions to make ahead.

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’m fairly sure I’ve seen you caution against interpretation of single days.

Genuine question. How are the 7 day rolling figures looking for U.K. ?

Written numeric or graph form satisfactory. Thanks.

Good. Dropped 12% in 24 hours

So long as we punt mandatory social distancing measures into the bin at the same time, we would be making rational progress at last.  
That's not even been mentioned at either of the announcements today concerning mandatory face coverage. It's coverage AND social distancing. Surely a meter (which let's face it SHOULD be most people's norm) with mandatory coverings would suffice.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Thought I'd check Twitter to see if there were Scotland specific announcements around the mask and it was just a million gammons going "SO IF I TAKE THE TRAIN TO EDINBURGH DO I TAKE THE MASK OFF AT BERWICK OR WHAT"

For all gammons love 'common sense' they don't half need to be given meticulous instructions for every fucking little thing.

3 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
3 hours ago, virginton said:
So long as we punt mandatory social distancing measures into the bin at the same time, we would be making rational progress at last.  

That's not even been mentioned at either of the announcements today concerning mandatory face coverage. It's coverage AND social distancing. Surely a meter (which let's face it SHOULD be most people's norm) with mandatory coverings would suffice.

Johnson's already waffling about reducing the distance to 1 metre. Then it's a very small step to turning it into an advisory, common sense principle rather than the OCD charter that has achieved nothing other than ensuring that vast tracts of the economy and society couldn't function for months on end.

Mandatory facemasks in public spaces + advised social distancing practices (just like regular handwashing that is much more important anyway) = a sane and functioning country again.

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

Mandatory facemasks in public spaces + advised social distancing practices (just like regular handwashing that is much more important anyway) = a sane and functioning country again.

NS has already dismissed the 1m chat so we can forget that up here

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

NS has already dismissed the 1m chat so we can forget that up here

...until The Science magically changes again to suit the government's agenda further down the road from here. Although so long as we have Jason 'Caucasians just don't do face masks' Leitch using pop sociology in a public health capacity then there's always a chance that we'll stick to our own special path of failure.

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Today's UK figures are a disaster for second wavers. Almost 1 month on from VE Day / restrictions easing and deaths crash.

Minter.

The press and folk on here are just itching for the “second wave” so they can pour scorn on people going about their life’s with some normality. We’ve been waiting for massive spikes since the Easter weekend, VE Day weekend and now from the weekend restrictions were eased a bit. Covid has made people very strange 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

The press and folk on here are just itching for the “second wave” so they can pour scorn on people going about their life’s with some normality. We’ve been waiting for massive spikes since the Easter weekend, VE Day weekend and now from the weekend restrictions were eased a bit. Folk are strange 

Aye, we canny wait for another 3 months of being stuck inside right enough.

Hurry up second wave. 

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The press and folk on here are just itching for the “second wave” so they can pour scorn on people going about their life’s with some normality. We’ve been waiting for massive spikes since the Easter weekend, VE Day weekend and now from the weekend restrictions were eased a bit. Covid has made people very strange 

Was Easter weekend not near the peak, you'd have been moaning even if bodies on gurneys were backed down to Bankfield Roundabout. 

Guy at my work tested positive last night, showing absolutely no symptoms whatsoever.  He has diabetes (unsure which type) and was supposed to be shielding.  He assumes his wife, who is a carer, and his 4 kids will more than likely have it.  

First person I know personally to be confirmed as having it.

Edited by MONKMAN