Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I think you're falling into the trap of seeing that the restrictions are effective so calling for an end to the restrictions.

Recording zero cases is not the same as having zero cases. There's lots of legitimate concern that chucking life back to normal will undo a lot of the benefit of what has been a very stressful process for a lot of people.

It's more sensible to maintain the restrictions for slightly longer than necessary than it is to go back to normal too quickly and end up back where we started, which is a possibility. Imagine the public reaction to Lockdown 2?

No live sport for a few months. No gigs for a few months. It's not the end of the world. Without wishing to sound too harsh, you do just need to take a deep breath, stop moaning, and look at the big picture.

I'd rather that we take longer to get back to normal and normal actually lasts, rather than just rush back at the first opportunity.

Baby Bull out walking with Daddy bull in the hills, when they see a field of cows in a field at the bottom. Baby bull gets all excited and shouts. Dad dad let’s run down the hill and shag a cow. Daddy Bull calms his son down and says calmly. No son let’s walk down the hill and shag them all...........

24 minutes ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

Baby Bull out walking with Daddy bull in the hills, when they see a field of cows in a field at the bottom. Baby bull gets all excited and shouts. Dad dad let’s run down the hill and shag a cow. Daddy Bull calms his son down and says calmly. No son let’s walk down the hill and shag them all...........

Edited by dirty dingus

30 minutes ago, Kneal Down Caster said:

That's a guid analogy for Covid-19 in Scotland.

Take it easy and dinnae rush.

♫ One day at a time ♫

Today's UK figures are a disaster for second wavers. Almost 1 month on from VE Day / restrictions easing and deaths crash.

Minter.

I’m fairly sure I’ve seen you caution against interpretation of single days.

Genuine question. How are the 7 day rolling figures looking for U.K. ?

Written numeric or graph form satisfactory. Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Today's UK figures are a disaster for second wavers. Almost 1 month on from VE Day / restrictions easing and deaths crash.

Minter.

Congratulations on your Spiked column, was Brendan O' Neill too busy this week?

No second wave here in Belgium, restrictions have been loosened for a month now. In fact they are speeding up the loosening of restrictions as things have gone better than expected. Pubs are even opening next Monday. Bare in mind we were as badly hit as the U.K. and I think worse than Scotland.

15 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I’m fairly sure I’ve seen you caution against interpretation of single days.

Genuine question. How are the 7 day rolling figures looking for U.K. ?

Written numeric or graph form satisfactory. Thanks.

The site I linked to yesterday is good for that too.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/scotland-coronavirus-tracker/

Seven day averages:

UK - 275

England - 249.6

Scotland - 11.3

Wales - 10.3

Northern Ireland - 2.4

2 minutes ago, Turkmenbashi said:

No second wave here in Belgium, restrictions have been loosened for a month now. In fact they are speeding up the loosening of restrictions as things have gone better than expected. Pubs are even opening next Monday. Bare in mind we were as badly hit as the U.K. and I think worse than Scotland.

Face masks mandatory in Belgium?