Coronavirus (COVID-19)

17 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Dry your eyes ffs, you've whined your way through this whole episode like a toddler not getting a treat, do what the rest of us are doing, suck it up and dae wit yer fuckin' telt. 

I just think we’re been treated like toddlers. 

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You really are a miserable fucker sometimes. Events can be uncancelled, others can go ahead and the football would be back to normal.

You're predicting it will all be over by August and whining about it. It would be brilliant if you're right.

They cant be “uncancelled” when they’ve already been rescheduled for 2021. It may not completely be over by Aug, but certainly not enough numbers to justify draconian measures. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They cant be “uncancelled” when they’ve already been rescheduled for 2021. It may not completely be over by Aug, but certainly not enough numbers to justify draconian measures. 

Perhaps you need treated like a toddler, when doctors and nurses were shitting themselves at the prospect of what lay ahead you were greeting about everything you weren't allowed to do, you weren't being asked to do anything more than the rest of us but my f**k you've girned your way through every bloody week of it. 

13 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And you’re complaining about this why?...

Because whilst I don't mind working from home some of the time, working solely from home on an extended basis makes my work significantly more difficult. Even if they could get to the stage where we were rotated with other workers to allow us to be in for two days and home for three it would be a great help.

It's a personal thing, I just like being in the office more than at home if i'm 'working' and I get that others will be the opposite.

….could also be that being stuck here with the kids, wife and father in law has shown what a few hours at work can do for you though😄

Russia telling porkies again.

St Petersburg death tally casts doubt on Russian coronavirus figures
City issues 1,552 more death certificates in May than last year, but Covid-19 toll was 171

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/04/st-petersburg-death-tally-casts-doubt-on-russian-coronavirus-figures

Guest JTS98
16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I think you're falling into the trap of seeing that the restrictions are effective so calling for an end to the restrictions.

Recording zero cases is not the same as having zero cases. There's lots of legitimate concern that chucking life back to normal will undo a lot of the benefit of what has been a very stressful process for a lot of people.

It's more sensible to maintain the restrictions for slightly longer than necessary than it is to go back to normal too quickly and end up back where we started, which is a possibility. Imagine the public reaction to Lockdown 2?

No live sport for a few months. No gigs for a few months. It's not the end of the world. Without wishing to sound too harsh, you do just need to take a deep breath, stop moaning, and look at the big picture.

I'd rather that we take longer to get back to normal and normal actually lasts, rather than just rush back at the first opportunity.

37 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Same around here, prices look around 20% cheaper and it's served as litres in a plastic bottle to bevvy in the street/park.

They'll just be trying to ensure they're still in business after this shit is over. 

Russia telling porkies again.

St Petersburg death tally casts doubt on Russian coronavirus figures

City issues 1,552 more death certificates in May than last year, but Covid-19 toll was 171

Seems a bit like English care homes deaths, where we’re meant to believe tens of thousands more than usual died by a weird coincidence, rather than a global pandemic.

29 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The years following this ought to be interesting/horrifying. There are a lot of countries certainly "at it". 

The FT was reporting this morning that Spain's "48 hours with no deaths" figure isn't true.  Italy also seems to just stopped publishing excess death figures too. 

And of course here the excess deaths figure is a lot higher than the collated total. Probably not all those are covid deaths, but deaths where covid may have had a secondary impact (deterring people using medical facilities or cancelled treatment etc). 

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

Dry your eyes ffs, you've whined your way through this whole episode like a toddler not getting a treat, do what the rest of us are doing, suck it up and dae wit yer fuckin' telt. 

For someone that posts continually about being able to think for themselves this is unexpectedly craven.  With advice from within the Scottish Government being particularly disjointed, questions should be asked.

19 minutes ago, strichener said:

For someone that posts continually about being able to think for themselves this is unexpectedly craven.  With advice from within the Scottish Government being particularly disjointed, questions should be asked.

He's been moaning from day 1,Sturgeon and Johnson will quite rightly have their performance dissected on here and elsewhere, Everythingisshite will add nothing to the debate either way. 

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Was anyone on here aware that the expanded hours for Nursery kids has been binned and they are back to 600 hours?

It’s not across the board. Gov have removed the legal responsibility on council to provide it. Extensions and new builds are delayed so capacity isn’t there. Where I am they’ve retained the 1140 funding but obviously on a phased return inline with government guidelines.

Literally just depends on your luck in where you were in application process and your local authority.

I thought I’d posted about this in parenting thread when it was announced but I didn’t. 

20 minutes ago, RH33 said:

It’s not across the board. Gov have removed the legal responsibility on council to provide it. Extensions and new builds are delayed so capacity isn’t there. Where I am they’ve retained the 1140 funding but obviously on a phased return inline with government guidelines.

Literally just depends on your luck in where you were in application process and your local authority.

I thought I’d posted about this in parenting thread when it was announced but I didn’t. 

Falkirkcouncil have certainly binned it, a teacher friend says temporarily, the response I got from the council on an unrelated query had some stuff in it. My kids nursery has been doing 1140 for the last 6 months so unsure if they too will punt it in line with the council. The email had some talk about setting up for social distancing which as discussed at nursery level is an absolute joke. Cant believe they are even discussing that. 

I knew the thing that would cause me greatest covid related anger would be once the next year of education gets hit. 

2 hours ago, JTS98 said:

An authoritarian government covering up a public crisis?

Nah.

Could be vaguely connected with Putin trying to push his Emperor for Life referendum through. Think he was jealous of Xi, Trump will be furious he can't join them. 

Think it’s maximum 10 at a time. Even then not a chance social distancing!

Depends, if it’s a partnership one and they have funding cut they certainly will.

Edited by RH33

44 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Get yer hats, scarves 'n' masks here!     Spearmint chewin' gum, milk choclit! 

So long as we punt mandatory social distancing measures into the bin at the same time, we would be making rational progress at last.  

Think it’s maximum 10 at a time. Even then not a chance social distancing!
Depends, if it’s a partnership one and they have funding cut they certainly will.
Think the nursery had about 60 kids in it last term. Be lucky to get a couple of totally pointless sessions a week in that case.