Coronavirus (COVID-19)

10 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Has Sturgeon mentioned anything about post quarantine holidays here?  

Should've been on mind just now, 2 weeks of fishing in the western isles  (mainly the uists/benbecula) plus a few stops on the way up and back doon. Hopefully I can get away in the autumn. 

29 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I made a ballsup

Insert Kenneth Williams pic.

3 hours ago, Steven W said:

Getting really fed up with events continually being cancelled all across the globe (I take an interest in the World Rally Championship and woke this morning to the news that the Finland leg in August and New Zealand in September are now cancelled).

Can't see there being any live gigs, football or indeed any sport with fans any time this year. Mass participation events (running events) likewise. And who knows, possibly not next year either.

All work (if you're lucky) and no play makes for a pretty grim existence

It’s a joke tbh. By Aug it’s  looking like we’ll have no deaths or new cases, yet punters from lower league teams can’t go and stand on the terraces and “socially distance”. The killie light show in late Oct/Nov was cancelled a few weeks ago. It seems that we won’t be able to go to events until either a vaccine is “found” or after Jan 1st 2021 - new year, new logic 🙄

I’m not sure how i feel about takeaway pints. Just go to the shop, get a few cans and youll save money
There's a pub near me that is slightly above a spit n sawdust shop selling takeaway pints for 3 quid.

You'd be lucky if it's any more than £3.50 when the place is actually open and you're in there.

I'm all for pubs doing whatever they can to get a turn but 3 quid seems steep to me.

5 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s a joke tbh. By Aug it’s  looking like we’ll have no deaths or new cases, yet punters from lower league teams can’t go and stand on the terraces and “socially distance”. The killie light show in late Oct/Nov was cancelled a few weeks ago. It seems that we won’t be able to go to events until either a vaccine is “found” or after Jan 1st 2021 - new year, new logic 🙄

If there are no new deaths or new cases in August, everything will be back to normal. 

I also find it pathetic that people are allowed to go to work, travel on public transport, come in contact with lots of people per day (even more so if you’re a supermarket worker), they can do this Mon-Fri yet we’re not allowed to go to the football for 2 hours on a Saturday. If there’s one of two deaths per day come Aug will we still be sheep and go along with their “social distancing” measures?

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Dry your eyes ffs, you've whined your way through this whole episode like a toddler not getting a treat, do what the rest of us are doing, suck it up and dae wit yer fuckin' telt. 

Edited by ayrmad

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s too late for things happening Aug/Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec that have already been cancelled

You really are a miserable fucker sometimes. Events can be uncancelled, others can go ahead and the football would be back to normal.

You're predicting it will all be over by August and whining about it. It would be brilliant if you're right.

18 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

There's a pub near me that is slightly above a spit n sawdust shop selling takeaway pints for 3 quid.

You'd be lucky if it's any more than £3.50 when the place is actually open and you're in there.

I'm all for pubs doing whatever they can to get a turn but 3 quid seems steep to me.

Same around here, prices look around 20% cheaper and it's served as litres in a plastic bottle to bevvy in the street/park.

One of my best mates is due to get married the first weekend in October. The optimists among my group of pals have that bookmarked as the first event that we'll all be able to get a pint together.

My work have basically said that no matter the government guidance we'll not be back in the office this year (and possibly for some time into next year).

I understand they have a responsibility to the folks that work there and that there are  a few older buildings that could be difficult to put social distancing in place but at the minute they seem to have no wish to even take into account that if infections and deaths are at close to zero for say August/ September then they could have folks back...

As has been said it may be that the football has crowds back in by November or so and gatherings would therefore be permitted...so why not allow people back into the office? Makes no sense to me

4 minutes ago, EdinburghPar1975 said:

My work have basically said that no matter the government guidance we'll not be back in the office this year (and possibly for some time into next year).

I understand they have a responsibility to the folks that work there and that there are  a few older buildings that could be difficult to put social distancing in place but at the minute they seem to have no wish to even take into account that if infections and deaths are at close to zero for say August/ September then they could have folks back...

As has been said it may be that the football has crowds back in by November or so and gatherings would therefore be permitted...so why not allow people back into the office? Makes no sense to me

And you’re complaining about this why?...

Same around here, prices look around 20% cheaper and it's served as litres in a plastic bottle to bevvy in the street/park.
Mere plastic pint tumblers with a lid round here. [emoji45]