Coronavirus (COVID-19)

22 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Something I haven't seen been reported on yet - There will be a lot less customers than pre virus so there will be a knock on effect on suppliers, all those beef cattle that were due to be slaughtered for burgers what happens to them? Much of the fresh ingredients will go to waste and it will be the same for all fast food suppliers. KFC suppliers will be slaughtering chickens and dumping them in big holes in the ground, thousands of them.

McDonald's donated their fresh produce to charities / foodbanks when they closed.

20200603_090912.jpg

26 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Swedish chief epidemiologist says he fucked up. That's OK I guess.

https://www.ft.com/content/dae6d006-9adc-46d5-9b4e-79a7841022e8

No firewall version. Refreshingly honest.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200603/tegnell-heres-what-sweden-should-have-done-differently-to-fight-coronavirus

Edited by welshbairn

Swedish chief epidemiologist says he fucked up. That's OK I guess.
https://www.ft.com/content/dae6d006-9adc-46d5-9b4e-79a7841022e8
Even when they've massively fucked things up Scandinavians come across as classy people.

Come on Scotland, let's join the North europeans in their 'coolest folk on the planet' wonderland. Get Britain's American mini-me adventure to f**k.

Working with the TV on in the background. Did someone just say that more BAME are dying in the UK because they don't get the same treatment from the NHS as whites !!!!

I’ve seen on twitter this morning that it proves there is racial injustice in the UK. If there was racial equality there wouldn’t be more BAME deaths.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Cøvering his årse with lessøns leårned bullshit

Can see where he's coming from, which measures have true merit will be harder to determine in most countries. 

The Swedes appear to accept more responsibility than most leaders. 

Edited by ayrmad

11 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Working with the TV on in the background. Did someone just say that more BAME are dying in the UK because they don't get the same treatment from the NHS as whites !!!!

Should be bame people be removed from frontline NHS posts until the outbreak is over? 

Read that a lack of vitamin d maybe playing a part in some peoples ability to fight this.

I cook a lot and I tend to think I'm fairly good at it and that most of the meals I eat are pretty healthy as a result. That doesn't mean I never eat takeaway food though, and I'd say the amount that I do eat has increased during lockdown because I'm not able to go out to restaurants. OK, it's very rarely McDonalds, and I don't think I've had anything from there beyond a milkshake in years, but the idea that folk going to McDonalds are all lazy slobs who don't know how to cook properly seems a bit unfair.

There's a sandwich shop near my work that I'd happily go and queue for half an hour to get something out of if/when it reopens, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to make sandwiches.

Speaking of restaurants I see Frankie and Benny's are in even more trouble than pre COVID-19 and might not be re opening. Back in February the owners were going to close 90-150  restaurants, now it looks like even more.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52899624
I've never set foot inside one of their restaurants so I don't know what the quality of their food is like.

Theres an F&Bs at my local retail park and I grudgingly take the kids in for convenience. Miserable staff and over-priced guff. No great loss.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I've never set foot inside one of their restaurants so I don't know what the quality of their food is like.

Their target market is families with kids who want a sit down meal. The food is pretty basic and souless but the kids liked it and it was a good way of introducing them to stuff beyond pizzas and nuggets as well as eating out in somewhere fairly relaxed.

I used to be shite at cooking.  Totally pish.  My cooking extent was bung chips and frozen burgers in the oven and wait 30 mins.  But actually watching stuff on YouTube gave me the chance to actually try making things.  But I was never taught this stuff.

But I’d still wait an hour for a 5 guys burger.  

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Right this time...honest its a 14 day quarantine if you arrive into the country 

Unless you're a worker, or coming from certain other countries, or "involved in elite sport". Is anyone sufficiently into the circus that is Formula One able to tell us how big a circus that is when it comes to town, given that they're planning two Grands Prix at Silvrstone? Does holding a brolly over Hamilton's tax-dodging bonce count as "involved"?