Coronavirus (COVID-19)

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

My mistake, I was either going to write “social media didn’t exist in 2001” or “the Internet was in its infancy in 2001” but I merged the two and did a reverse Al Gore, uninventing the Internet.

Did Dominic Cummings write that excuse for you?

There were games of football getting played on the North Inch this weekend as well as BBQs and rounders. Loads of people were in big groups as well. A lot of people just disregarding the lockdown completely now. 

Yep and lots still not disregarding it. It was always going to be thus.

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

That doesn't make sense.

He completely owned his mistake, literally the opposite of cummings.

No, far too elaborate.  “Aye, I made an arse of it” would have been better.

Thankfully not a phrase I will ever need to resort to.

Edited by Granny Danger

One of the things I read from Nicola Sturgeon is that mistakes will have been made, but we will look back on this and learn from them, in case anything of this nature happens in the future. I think there’s only two things she would need to do...

1. If you hear that a Chinese bloke somewhere decided to have a pangolin and tattie scone doubler - impose lockdown immediately.

2. Pray the weather in Scotland stays shite, and a cop in a foreign country isn’t a racist murderer.

Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Fcuk yer’ coronavirus.

Edited by pozbaird

Now that we have had a weekend of good weather and different restrictions to live under, if we leave aside the curtain twitching for a second what do folk think about the new rules?

Personally I think they have been a touch unrealistic. Folk arent going to not go into eachothers houses. If you pack up the family to go round and see folk you havent seen for weeks, and 5 minutes in your kid needs a pish, you arent going to call it a day and go home. Likewise folk who dont drive. What if you walked a few miles or had to pay for a taxi.... You are obviously going to stay a while with all that brings.

A fantastic weekend was had at the Bairnardos btw. Lots of cold beer and barbecued meat. All cutlery and plates etc were of the disposable kind and binned after use.

As far as I can see the same folk having 25 people in their gardens for cans and group selfies are the same ones who were going to places like "Big Licks" every day as an essential journey, or hillwalking in groups of 3 or 4, socially distancing for a picture for Insta and then getting back to pretty much holding hands.

It will be a small minority who are going further than they should. The reality is that 90% of people in Scotland will have gone to see their pals or their family, stayed outdoors and maintained 2 metre gaps for 95% of the time, probably nipping inside to go for a pish at some point.

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

My mistake, I was either going to write “social media didn’t exist in 2001” or “the Internet was in its infancy in 2001” but I merged the two and did a reverse Al Gore, uninventing the Internet.

An even bigger howler considering you spoke about a chat room you used in the late 90’s that you organised a real life meet up with.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Now that we have had a weekend of good weather and different restrictions to live under, if we leave aside the curtain twitching for a second what do folk think about the new rules?

Personally I think they have been a touch unrealistic. Folk arent going to not go into eachothers houses. If you pack up the family to go round and see folk you havent seen for weeks, and 5 minutes in your kid needs a pish, you arent going to call it a day and go home. Likewise folk who dont drive. What if you walked a few miles or had to pay for a taxi.... You are obviously going to stay a while with all that brings.

A fantastic weekend was had at the Bairnardos btw. Lots of cold beer and barbecued meat. All cutlery and plates etc were of the disposable kind and binned after use.

We were talking about the social distancing rules in the back garden and the rules about not entering the house, I don’t think anyone actually expects your guests not to go inside for a pish but they need to make a rule about it so people stay vigilant and it will encourage minimal contact by most sensible people when inside the house to keep the risk down.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

We were talking about the social distancing rules in the back garden and the rules about not entering the house, I don’t think anyone actually expects your guests not to go inside for a pish but they need to make a rule about it so people stay vigilant and it will encourage minimal contact by most sensible people when inside the house to keep the risk down.

Rules of engagement - Sanitise your hands on way in, sit doon get out yer phone and do yer stuff, flush and wipe down  the seat, wash your hands. exit stage left.

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah the no going inside to the toilet rule is completely unrealistic. My family still live in Ayrshire so if I do go home to see them then it’s going to be impossible not to use the toilet. I think realistically I’ll have to wait until it’s okay to go indoors so I can stay over.

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Yeah the no going inside to the toilet rule is completely unrealistic. My family still live in Ayrshire so if I do go home to see them then it’s going to be impossible not to use the toilet. I think realistically I’ll have to wait until it’s okay to go indoors so I can stay over.

Not a problem for my 4 year old nephew. He just got up, whipped it out and pished on my grass.