Coronavirus (COVID-19)

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Peston is fucking shocking.

Long-winded waffle.

His habit of elongating random words is baffling is it to make him sound more considered and clever?

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I don't know much about Sam Coates, but he is my new favourite journalist

Sam Coates is pretty decent. One of the few worth following on Twitter for their analysis.

Just now, pandarilla said:

Do you, though? Really?

They're up there next to the prime minister, and would've given a dead easy 'I'm not going to comment on this political issue, but our advice is.....' answer.

If anyone with scientific ties is going to break ranks and criticise - then they would do it. They're certainly not going to be caught out with a piss easy question.

Oh look, literally that just happened.

They are trying to be professional, their main job is in those SAGE meetings and in developing the response, not in standing here talking about it.  

If they go all out on TV then 1) the message doesn’t get across and 2) they get sacked and the potential is that whoever comes in doesn’t have their expertise or worse, is a Tory yes man.

They are having to go out and work with the Gov, whether they like them or agree with them or not.

They are trying to be professional, their main job is in those SAGE meetings and in developing the response, not in standing here talking about it.  
If they go all out on TV then 1) the message doesn’t get across and 2) they get sacked and the potential is that whoever comes in doesn’t have their expertise or worse, is a Tory yes man.
They are having to go out and work with the Gov, whether they like them or agree with them or not.
That's my point.

It was incredibly predictable.

It might give a wee bit of spectacle but it's a piss easy line of questioning for the govt to handle.

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wonder if they decided on 6 for political reasons instead of an 8 limit after Sturgeon said 8 but the fewer the better? Perhaps we'll never know.

It's 10 in other places.

Given we are all supposedly following "the science" you would imagine that there would be more unity 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's 10 in other places.

Given we are all supposedly following "the science" you would imagine that there would be more unity 🤷🏻‍♂️

"science" has proved Johnson can handle only 6 questions.

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

That's my point.

It was incredibly predictable.

It might give a wee bit of spectacle but it's a piss easy line of questioning for the govt to handle.

Apologies, I didn’t get what you meant initially. What I meant was I’d love to hear their actual opinions on the subject, not the comments for public consumption. I wasn’t very clear, it’s been a long day!

Haven’t watched the DS daily briefing for a while, but tuned in this afternoon. When not reading from a script, is this guy capable of putting together a coherent sentence? Johnson is absolutely infuriating to listen to, he makes no sense whatsoever. Erm, argh, erm, argh, repeat. His inane rambling and bluster render these briefings completely pointless and impossible to follow.

This is in addition to now refusing point blank to answer questions from selected members of the press, in relation to an issue which still holds huge public interest and concern. His blind and spineless denial of the impact that Dominic Cummings actions have on the crucial factor of trust with regards to the public health message, is as shocking as it is destructive. Is in any wonder that this country has handled this crisis so very badly with this bumbling waffler at the helm. The appalling U.K. figures in relation to other countries speak for themselves.

His medical advisors also continue to be far from convincing in explaining the new Tracing System. It’s almost as though they’ve had a quick five minute discussion in the Downing Street kitchen, as to how things will work just moments before facing the cameras? Their other answers were also delivered in a completely different, almost contradictory tone to the Prime Ministers take on the current situation. These sessions deliver no confidence to the public at all. Turned it off before the close, what a complete waste of time.

That briefing was an utter disgrace - it was an exercise in closing down the debate - it was not an exercise in accountability - this was textbook Trump.

Utter charlatans - I, like many others, warned people back in December that this is what you would get if they elected him.

The electorate get the politicians they deserve.