Coronavirus (COVID-19)

9 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Whilst I mainly agree with your second paragraph, I sincerely hope we aren’t moving towards a “(slightly) better than rUK” narrative, that’s not good enough in my opinion.
I think the SG response has been fairly lacklustre at best. The main difference I see, and am glad to see, is that Nicola has been front & centre throughout this whole sorry business. She’s very clued up on it & Ive not once seen her shy or shirk away from difficult questions- unlike that bumbling fucking deranged buffoon in 10 Downing Street!

I try to be objective and try to avoid being sycophantic, but while the SG government is so heavily restrained I will usually be willing to give it a pass.

I keep harping back to Cygnus and am surprised more politicians aren’t referencing this, but if the U.K. government had taken pandemic planning seriously then all parts of the U.K., including those with devolved administrations, would have been better prepared.

We will only be able to hold the SG to full and proper accountability after Independence because only then will they be fully responsible.

Telegraphy reporting that a Durham Police investigation concludes that Cummings did break lockdown rules. 

Edited by RiG

Did I intepret what NS said correctly as if you pop round your parents' garden, sit with them for a few hours but remain 2m away from them the whole time then you wouldn't be considered to be in close contact with them for the purposes of "Test & Protect"?

That seems wild.

23 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Whilst I mainly agree with your second paragraph, I sincerely hope we aren’t moving towards a “(slightly) better than rUK” narrative, that’s not good enough in my opinion.
I think the SG response has been fairly lacklustre at best. The main difference I see, and am glad to see, is that Nicola has been front & centre throughout this whole sorry business. She’s very clued up on it & Ive not once seen her shy or shirk away from difficult questions- unlike that bumbling fucking deranged buffoon in 10 Downing Street!

I'd say, from the perspective of someone  living in a Tory constituency in Tory England, I would just about give my left arm (at least as it is now, with carpal tunnel annoying the hell out of me) to have Sturgeon in charge down here at the moment. reasons?

1. She appears every day.

2. She answers questions.

3. She appears knowledgeable, and more genuine in her request for public support.

4. As far as I have heard, she does not play the "we would love to do that, but Westminster" card much, if at all.

The contrast with the Bullingdon Blimp is night and day.

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Telegraphy reporting that a Durham Police investigation concludes that Cummings did break lockdown rules. 

..and this is where their arrogance comes back to bite them. The police say he committed a "minor" breach of regulations, which a wee apology and promise not to repeat would have put this to bed. 

If only every Tory thrown in front of a camera or twitter feed hadn't used the "acted within the rules at all times" line until it was done to death, eh?

ETA: Calling the Durham Constabulary* liars might not have been the best move either, in retrospect.

*A great bunch of lads.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

I'd say, from the perspective of someone  living in a Tory constituency in Tory England, I would just about give my left arm (at least as it is now, with carpal tunnel annoying the hell out of me) to have Sturgeon in charge down here at the moment. reasons?
3. She appears knowledgeable, and more genuine in her request for public support.
4. As far as I have heard, she does not play the "we would love to do that, but Westminster" card much, if at all.

It's pretty incredible, and depressing, that turning up for your work every day during a national emergency is now seen as outstanding performance from the leader of an entire fkin country.

9 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Did I intepret what NS said correctly as if you pop round your parents' garden, sit with them for a few hours but remain 2m away from them the whole time then you wouldn't be considered to be in close contact with them for the purposes of "Test & Protect"?

That seems wild.

In response to a question they’ve just clarified that if you are with someone for longer than 15 mins, even at 2m distance, then you are considered close contact and would be contacted.

Just now, resk said:
7 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

It's pretty incredible, and depressing, that turning up for your work every day during a national emergency is now seen as outstanding performance from the leader of an entire fkin country.

True, dat. Johnson, however, sets an incredibly low bar.

9 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

..and this is where their arrogance comes back to bite them. The police say he committed a "minor" breach of regulations, which a wee apology and promise not to repeat would have put this to bed. 

If only every Tory thrown in front of a camera or twitter feed hadn't used the "acted within the rules at all times" line until it was done to death, eh?

ETA: Calling the Durham Constabulary* liars might not have been the best move either, in retrospect.

*A great bunch of lads.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. I don't like the Tories and I don't trust a thing they or Cummings say most of the time. When this saga unfolded they should have just held up their hands and say bad judgement, sorry for letting people down etc. There would have been a fair amount of folk unhappy but owning the mistake would have been the best thing to do. 

Instead they doubled down, blamed anyone else they could, said the police and others were lying and dig themselves an almighty whole and didn't even apologise! Idiots.

ETA: Hell of a picture accompanying the story :lol:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/28/dominic-cummings-did-breach-coronavirus-guidelines-durham-police/

231838967_DominicCummings_trans_NvBQzQNj

Edited by RiG

3 minutes ago, RiG said:

Instead they doubled down, blamed anyone else they could, said the police and others were lying and dig themselves an almighty whole and didn't even apologise! Idiots.

They are kuntz. To a man. Simple as that. 

Looking forward to tonight's press conference. This should be the theme:

Did Mr Cummings lie to the Prime Minister when he said he acted legally and reasonably?

If he didn't lie, does this mean that neither he or the Prime Minister (or the Attorney General) understood their own rules?

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

Did Mr Cummings lie to the Prime Minister when he said he acted legally and reasonably?
If he didn't lie, does this mean that neither he or the Prime Minister (or the Attorney General) understood their own rules?

Anyone know who’s pulled the short straw for tonight’s briefing?

They're in the Guardian as well. 
And on BBC
BBC News - Pulling apart a £339 anti-5G USB stick
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52810220

I prefer their blurb for their dietary supplement.

"Its website - rather similar in design to that of the BioShield - says Klotho Formula uses a "proprietary procedure that leads to relativistic time dilation and biological quantum entanglement at the DNA level"."

We're talking word salad level 9000 here.

6 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I wonder who the sacrificial lamb will be? Jenrick tends to get wheeled out when they're expecting extra flak. I don't reckon Hancock or Johnson will be anywhere near, as the press have had all day to talk to the people actually supposed to be delivering the new tracing lark.

ETA: Personally, I'd like to see Shapps again - if only because when I can, I use the A66 to get back up to Scotland, and Im interested in progress.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

I wonder who the sacrificial lamb will be? Jenrick tends to get wheeled out when they're expecting extra flak. I don't reckon Hancock or Johnson will be anywhere near, as the press have had all day to talk to the people actually supposed to be delivering the new tracing lark.
Probably Shapps again. Patel would be interesting, given she's supposedly responsible for the police.