Coronavirus (COVID-19)

It will become apparent that excluding hospitals, carehomes and staff. The vast majority of those who now test positive will be those that have flouted the rules. As they clearly are arseholes it will be interesting to see if they dob their arsehole mates in to the tracers.
Still odd that of those coming forward circa 100,000 per day "with symptoms " that only 2-3,000 are positive.
Why are the other 7,000 infections a day not coming forward for testing. Loop back because most of them are the flouting arseholes.

All my opinions are unregulated.

It will become apparent that excluding hospitals, carehomes and staff. The vast majority of those who now test positive will be those that have flouted the rules. As they clearly are arseholes it will be interesting to see if they dob their arsehole mates in to the tracers.
Still odd that of those coming forward circa 100,000 per day "with symptoms " that only 2-3,000 are positive.
Why are the other 7,000 infections a day not coming forward for testing. Loop back because most of them are the flouting arseholes.

All my opinions are unregulated.

There has never been anywhere close to 100,000 tested in the UK on any given day. Unfortunately this belief is because of government lies about testing numbers.

The highest ‘tested’ in a day is about 80k, but that was including a large chunk of home testing kits saved up to be sent out that day, which may never come back or could be spoiled samples. I think it was 38k who actually received a test in person that day.

The ‘number of people tested’ stat has incidentally not been published for the past five days because the Department of Health were rumbled, by the Telegraph of all papers, about their lies.

There has never been anywhere close to 100,000 tested in the UK on any given day. Unfortunately this belief is because of government lies about testing numbers.

The highest ‘tested’ in a day is about 80k, but that was including a large chunk of home testing kits saved up to be sent out that day, which may never come back or could be spoiled samples. I think it was 38k who actually received a test in person that day.

The ‘number of people tested’ stat has incidentally not been published for the past five days because the Department of Health were rumbled, by the Telegraph of all papers, about their lies.
Was told this at work, and have no reason to doubt it but I havent looked it up.

Apparently they count the nasal and throat swab given to the same person at the same time as 2 tests

Was told this at work, and have no reason to doubt it but I havent looked it up.

Apparently they count the nasal and throat swab given to the same person at the same time as 2 tests

They do. Sometimes the same person gets both of these twice, and the test gets counted four times.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Standard. They counted a pair of gloves as two pieces of PPE after all.

Yet more spin and deflection from HM Government this morning. 

Farmfoods Assistant Manager Matt Hancock wheeled out for the morning briefings today. Test and Trace has “gone live” today, four days ahead of schedule. Not the App that was being lauded previously, it is no longer the priority. No, this is contact tracers, people paid to phone up people with positive tests and then contact all the people they have been in close proximity to  

What a fantastic achievement getting this in place so quickly Hancock tells us. Positively beaming on Sky News, laughing and joking like he’s just discovered a miracle cure. Mr Hancocksure. 

It’s almost as if Track and Trace has been rushed in a desperate bid to change the news agenda. But surely not.  No responsible Government would run the risk of rushing something so vital to overcoming the spread of the virus through too quickly just to take the heat off a special adviser. 

Then you have Sam Coates from Sky News saying that he has been in touch with several of these new tracers and they have told him that there is no way the system is ready to start. Others have been told not to start contacting people until Monday (the initial date it was due to be launched) and more have not even been given logins to the system. 

Add this charade to the lies and spin over numbers of completed tests, single gloves being counted amongst the stocks of PPE, rewriting history on the policy of care homes and of course semantics over “interpretations” of lockdown guidance - it’s almost like you can’t trust this Government. 

33 minutes ago, Paco said:

They do. Sometimes the same person gets both of these twice, and the test gets counted four times.

Is it the same practice in the Scottish NHS?

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Where are folk getting face masks from? 

The guidance isn't for face masks, it's face coverings.

Basically a scarf in the old 90s primary school style of wrapped around the mouth is fine.

Although currently you will die of heatstroke

15 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The guidance isn't for face masks, it's face coverings.

Basically a scarf in the old 90s primary school style of wrapped around the mouth is fine.

Although currently you will die of heatstroke

Which wont show up in the covid stats and is therefore absolutely fine....

38 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

There's 2 reasons she asked for the night off -

1. She had some urgent personal issue.

2. She was angry/annoyed/Whatever other negative emotion you want about the warning.

It's some coincidence if it's the former.

Matt Hancock is growing massively in confidence. Laughing in Kay Burley's face:

As much as he's a c**t, his weird looking laughing face made me chuckle. He reminded me of a P&B argument when the other wants to bury the argument by laughing at the person they're arguing with.

Edited by Ludo*1

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

As much as he's a c**t, his weird looking laughing face made me chuckle. He reminded me of a P&B argument when the other wants to bury the argument by laughing at the person they're arguing with.

There was a bit in the video he got too close to the camera that got spooky.

See the source image

Nick Robinson trending. Apparently he crucified Matt Hancock in a radio interview.

I was never a massive fan, particularly during the Indy ref, but he's light-years ahead of Laura Kuennsberg. Why was he replaced?

Edited by Ludo*1

18 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Train guy making an appearance at 1:12.  (Credit someone off twitter).

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There's 2 reasons she asked for the night off -

1. She had some urgent personal issue.

2. She was angry/annoyed/Whatever other negative emotion you want about the warning.

It's some coincidence if it's the former.

The other day she had Gove coming the kunt and today Hancocks ripping the pish out of her, some intern is probably in for a hard time today.

It reminds me of when hellbhoy used to post around 50 smilies per post.

Liking his queen with blood on her lips pic.

The government have said that you can't compare deaths tolls between countries because of different recording practices/lack of comparable data, and that excess deaths would be a better measure.

Well, the results are in, and we're the worst in the world:

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

6 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

The government have said that you can't compare deaths tolls between countries because of different recording practices/lack of comparable data, and that excess deaths would be a better measure.

Well, the results are in, and we're the worst in the world:

52049052_101.jpg

Bit late with both of these so apologies if I have missed them being mentioned in this thread.

Apparently the UK Government has been spending cash doing sponsored stories in the Daily Mail. Obviously they have done this in other publications WRT the original Stay At Home message but this seems to be, as Cadwalladr says, akin to political propaganda. 

More humorously people are being conned into dropping huge sums of money on repainted USB sticks to protect themselves and their home from 5G signals using "nano layer protection". 

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/20/internet-mocks-website-selling-usb-sticks-protect-users-5g-12730489/

https://5gbioshield.com/