Coronavirus (COVID-19)

13 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Hancock saying that Test and Trace is voluntary.

So if they phone you up and you've been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you can do whatever the f**k you like.

It's utter nonsense to expect you also to remember everyone you have been in close proximity to for a prolonged period.

In the short term an app absolutely is a reasonable solution. It's also reasonable to make it compulsory and spot fine anyone who is out of the home and does not have it installed.

That way anyone who should get tested can record they have had a test.

Is it a bit big brothery? Yes. But if it's short term so what?

Edited by Todd_is_God

It's utter nonsense to expect you also to remember everyone you have been in close proximity to for a prolonged period.
In the short term an app absolutely is a reasonable solution. It's also reasonable to make it compulsory and spot fine anyone who is out of the home and does not have it installed.

What if you don’t have a smartphone?

Never thought I'd see the day where people are condoning using methods straight out of Orwell's famous book because it's short term, so who cares?

Fucking hell.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Never thought I'd see the day where people are condoning using methods straight out of Orwell's famous book because it's short term, so who cares?

Fucking hell.

^^^ flicked through the one about pigs on a farm to see the pictures

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fucking hell.

Absolute NAP you have never read a single EULA in full or denied an app any permission it asks for. What's so different here?

Given the choice of accept this short term and you can do something beyond shopping and work, or don't accept it stay home, anyone who would choose the latter is lying or has something to hide.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I reckon that there isn't a single person left in the country that believes Johnson when he speaks, or truly trusts anything he promises. 

Oh, there are many that want him as PM because they believe he supports a certain ideology...but they don't actually believe what he says.

Most people in the country now are just watching him for the LOLs.

28 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

15 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Absolute NAP you have never read a single EULA in full or denied an app any permission it asks for. What's so different here?

Given the choice of accept this short term and you can do something beyond shopping and work, or don't accept it stay home, anyone who would choose the latter is lying or has something to hide.

Can't remember the last app I installed that was compulsory and would have resulted in a spot fine if I left my house without it tbh.

Maybe I'm an idiot, but what does "absolute NAP" mean? Seen it loads over the past few weeks but can't work it out!

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Can't remember the last app I installed that was compulsory and would have resulted in a spot fine if I left my house without it tbh.

Granted, but how many ask for your location and you give it?

You would seriously opt out if it meant you couldn't go out? Lies.

Edited by Todd_is_God

35 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

My worry is exactly what data is being harvested from this app in addition to the acknowledged data, where it’s stored and what they will do with it. I wouldn’t be confident they’d be honest about this.

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Maybe I'm an idiot, but what does "absolute NAP" mean? Seen it loads over the past few weeks but can't work it out!

Glad I’m not onky one!

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

My worry is exactly what data is being harvested from this app in addition to the acknowledged data, where it’s stored and what they will do with it. I wouldn’t be confident they’d be honest about this.

I understant that.

However, do you ever wonder what data is being harvested already?

I've no doubt we'd be slightly surprised by the ability of google, facebook or any other location based app to tell us exactly where we were and when 5 years ago last Tuesday.

You can see this yourself in 'location history' in Google Maps

e.g. attachment below

Screenshot_20200527-191621_Maps.jpg

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Granted, but how many ask for your location and you give it?

Having checked my phone's apps - Precisely 3 have access to that information. One is the P&B app - @Div you sneaky b*****d, what you watching me for?

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

3 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Glad I’m not onky one!

It's a gambling term, referring to the tipster's top bet.