Coronavirus (COVID-19)

43 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

Oooooft.

Malaysia's mini-spike nipped in the bud after two days?

Fifteen (15) new cases reported today. It was 187 yesterday and one hundred and seventy something the day before that.

What's going on?

Somebody get me a beer.

That's the way it's going to play out when the numbers are relatively low - 1 or 2 clusters can throw out some weird numbers in the short-term

Quite a drop in NRS figures last week. Down to 230 from 335.
No mention yet of the breakdown of where deaths occurred, however it is perhaps notable that the NRS deaths were less than 80 more than the figure announced daily.

Yep, this is very encouraging. Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves but if the numbers continue to move down in the next couple of weeks then I can’t see any reason not to move to Phase 2 at the next review date, especially with Test & Protect active as of today.

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Had a weird experience yesterday - paid for something using cash. Handed the bloke a ten pound note, he handed me change, along with a square sausage & tattie scone doubler, a coffee, and a five min chat at his excellent roadside cafe in sunny Cumbernauld. Unbelievable how enjoyable doing something so normal was.

Nice.     Sometimes , you just can't beat cash.   I can hardly wait to get back to it.

Tbf, right now,  I'm keeping to the card.  Still wary about who, and what,  I'm interacting with. 

25 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Quite a drop in NRS figures last week. Down to 230 from 335.

No mention yet of the breakdown of where deaths occurred, however it is perhaps notable that the NRS deaths were less than 80 more than the figure announced daily.

You can download the spreadsheets from the NRS website. 95 in hospitals, 124 in care homes.

22 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Ireland had their first covid-death free day the other day, hopefully we won’t be too far behind.

We had our  first covid-death free day since this started yesterday.

Looks as the workies on the building sites in England were seen as useful but not dispensable. When they go back to work officially here I hope there are tighter regulations in place.

https://www.thedeveloper.live/places/englands-sites-stayed-open-during-lockdown-and-hundreds-of-construction-workers-died?fbclid=IwAR1q-P1U_IVDRl826QW8TyVxKRwA2Tp5-I-jyNDjxFPrGCchQiHaL4xbxp4

The UK is not the only country to see clusters of cases focussed around construction sites. Singapore has linked 132 cases of COVID-19 to a single site, Kenyon/UBS, with an additional 97 linked to the West Coast Vale site and 91 to the Jovell construction site. Construction site clusters have also been reported in several US states, and in Kuala Lampur.

Edited by dirty dingus

22 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Looks as the workies on the building sites in England were seen as useful but not dispensable. When they go back to work officially here I hope there are tighter regulations in place.

https://www.thedeveloper.live/places/englands-sites-stayed-open-during-lockdown-and-hundreds-of-construction-workers-died?fbclid=IwAR1q-P1U_IVDRl826QW8TyVxKRwA2Tp5-I-jyNDjxFPrGCchQiHaL4xbxp4

The UK is not the only country to see clusters of cases focussed around construction sites. Singapore has linked 132 cases of COVID-19 to a single site, Kenyon/UBS, with an additional 97 linked to the West Coast Vale site and 91 to the Jovell construction site. Construction site clusters have also been reported in several US states, and in Kuala Lampur.

In Singapore I think most of the building workers are on temporary visas and put up in dormitory blocks like in the Middle East, so it's not surprising and may not be work related.