Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The people who have no shame are those who are using bereaved families and their dreadful experiences to score political points against Cummings.
Any right to the moral high ground was lost at that point.
This is finished. He's staying in his job.
No doubt something else will happen soon for the faux outrage brigade to attach to.
Hypocrisy does love a cause.
What a fuss over nothing.
You really are a despicable little shit.

The posts I have seen are from the fucking families themselves - they have every fucking right to be angry and to share that anger.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Swing and a miss

Hide contents

😂

https://www.spainenglish.com/2020/05/25/lifting-lockdown-spain-full-details-phases/

"Sources at Weston General have told Bristol Live most of its Covid-19 patients contracted the virus after entering the hospital."

You don’t understand how hospitals work do you m9? People tend to you know, come in to A&E unwell, then get admitted, die, or are discharged. They don’t come in to hospital, get to the ward, get Covid then go to A&E. 

Nice source too, a Spanish blog, which on reading doesn’t mention anything about the UK Health Service.  :rolleyes:

Edited by SoapMactavish

4 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Madrid and Barca are the two main areas and two of three biggest areas impacted. The easing cant be quarified yet as these areas make up the overwhelming majority of cases. 

This isnt difficult. You've bleated from the start about positivity and only see what you want. I cant help it if you're not able to understand figures. I honestly feel that using finger puppets would be too advanced for you. 

Madrid and Barca went to phase 1 yesterday. Valencia hasn't yet. How can this easing have any impact on figures? Or, has it been that a very strict lockdown had that impact? 

I'm not sure what you are struggling to grasp tbh.

I've made a perfectly valid observation about the trend across Europe in places that have started easing.

Madrid only relaxing measures yesterday doesn't change that. You brought Madrid specifically up, not me.

1 minute ago, SoapMactavish said:

You don’t understand how hospitals work do you m9? People tend to you know, come in to A&E unwell, then get admitted, die, or are discharged. They don’t come in to hospital, get to the ward, get Covid then go to A&E. 

Nice source too, a Spanish blog. :rolleyes:

Lolwut? They moved A&E outside to protect those coming to the hospital from getting infected whilst they disinfected the inside.

Being inside a building where 40% of the staff tested positive probably isn't ideal

Here's the correct source, which another poster posted a page or so back anyway.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/weston-general-hospital-bosses-wont-4166441

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not sure what you are struggling to grasp tbh.

I've made a perfectly valid observation about the trend across Europe in places that have started easing.

Madrid only relaxing measures yesterday doesn't change that. You brought Madrid specifically up, not me.

Your observation wasn't valid though. It was based on ham fisted analysis of what you want to see. Consistently, on this thread, you have plugged the same line and try to fit anything to back it. 

You're clearly thick as f**k. 

3 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Your observation wasn't valid though. It was based on ham fisted analysis of what you want to see. Consistently, on this thread, you have plugged the same line and try to fit anything to back it. 

You're clearly thick as f**k. 

Let me make this easy for you.

Find an example of a country which has eased restrictions, and subsequently observed an increase in cases.

If my observation is invalid, that should be easy for you.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Let me make this easy for you.

Find an example of a country which has eased restrictions, and observed an increase in cases.

If my observation is invalid, that should be easy for you.

You're so fucking thick. The Spanish graph you showed earlier - how does that back your post? 

3 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Lolwut? They moved A&E outside to protect those coming to the hospital from getting infected whilst they disinfected the inside.

Being inside a building where 40% of the staff tested positive probably isn't ideal

Here's the correct source, which another poster posted a page or so back anyway.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/weston-general-hospital-bosses-wont-4166441

Even with that article, it does not mention anywhere that they closed it due to deep cleaning. Which is not something they would do anyway. To shut an A&E means either you have too many patients presenting with symptoms, and/or there are too many patients with COVID  in the hospital to have any more admitted. Either way it means it’s not safe to have folk turning up at the door. 

10+ years working in an Emergency Department, I know what I’m talking about. 

22 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Madrid and Barca went to phase 1 yesterday. Valencia hasn't yet. How can this easing have any impact on figures? Or, has it been that a very strict lockdown had that impact? 

I'm assuming you mean phase 2? Valencia is in phase 1, my girlfriend has family out there who have been sending me photos of them in outside bars. The b*****ds.

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

This one?

How does it not?

20200526_225427.jpg

What date did the Spanish government substantially relieve restrictions for Madrid, Barcelona, Castilla y Leon and Valencia? When can you measure that impact?

That graph literally shows that enforcing a strict lockdown made a huge impact. It gives us no data as to what easing restrictions has done as that isnt possible to quantify yet.

You have a fixed view on things and will try anything to back it. It is actually embarrassing. 

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

I'm assuming you mean phase 2? Valencia is in phase 1, my girlfriend has family out there who have been sending me photos of them in outside bars. The b*****ds.

Yeah, sorry for part of it meant phase 2. Still parts of Valencia in line with here though. 

1 minute ago, JMDP said:

What date did the Spanish government substantially relieve restrictions for Madrid, Barcelona, Castilla y Leon and Valencia? When can you measure that impact?

That graph literally shows that enforcing a strict lockdown made a huge impact. It gives us no data as to what easing restrictions has done as that isnt possible to quantify yet.

You have a fixed view on things and will try anything to back it. It is actually embarrassing. 

Admittedly small to fit them all on the same page, but here are different regions in Spain.

Some lifted as early as the 11th of May, other as recently as yesterday.

All pretty much the same trend.

We shouldn't fear gradually easing measures as doing so hasn't caused an increase anywhere.

Screenshot_20200526-234704_Dropbox.jpg

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Admittedly small to fit them all on the same page, but here are different regions in Spain.

Some lifted as early as the 11th of May, other as recently as yesterday.

All pretty much the same trend.

We shouldn't fear gradually easing measures as doing so hasn't caused an increase anywhere.

Screenshot_20200526-234704_Dropbox.jpg

Gonna try one more time. In what way does that graph show easing restrictions is working?

Or, can we say that it might be ok but it's too early to tell? Because you cant quantify if it is working over a course of days.

But, you want everything to fit into your preconceived view that you've had for months. And you are very, very stupid. 

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

I live in Madrid. The lockdown has been lifted so little as to be negligible in the most impacted areas until yesterday. Even then, it's still very strict. Infections and deaths are coming down after two months of a really strict lockdown, the impact of loosening this is not even close to being felt yet.

And the media is covering this widely. Like, you could not be more wrong if you tried. You have a preconceived idea of something and try to fit everything into that. You've been like this all the way through this thread. 

Aye? You’d think you’d mention it more often.

Carry on.

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Aye? You’d think you’d mention it more often.

Carry on.

And you're obsessed with it, 14 mile. Mind when you claimed I didnt live there for months.

To be expected from a guy who threw shite at someone, assaulted a homeless person in front of his kid, took pics of teenagers secretly, sent PM's called "Fanny Posters" to start dotting people as it is important to you, invented someone called Tony, had fake conversations with this made up Tony and also made up "The Watcher".

You're a genuine danger and the creepiest person on here. 

Carry on.

Edited by JMDP

11 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Gonna try one more time. In what way does that graph show easing restrictions is working?

Or, can we say that it might be ok but it's too early to tell? Because you cant quantify if it is working over a course of days.

You brought Spain in to this.

I've never once suggested a couple of days is enough.

But you have countries that are over a month in that show encouraging trends and, sticking with Spain, regions over 2 weeks in showing the same.

That's enough to comment on IMO.