Coronavirus (COVID-19)

37 minutes ago, virginton said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-52800743

All we need to do now is roll it out further into all common public spaces and get the current, hopelessly impractical social distancing nonsense in the bin.

If people wont socially distance they wont wear a mask.

11 minutes ago, mwellhighland said:

Can people suggest the best place online for reading news?

Also, what's everyone's go to for watching the news? Channel 4?

I've always been BBC by default but feel I need to change that...

Euronews

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Getting embarrassed to keep doing this, but I don't see how this sequence of tweets is biased.

I'm not bothered by the tweets. Fairly certain the "wallet inspector" scene has been mentioned on here a few times and I like that someone has actually gone ahead and made a video if it. That's all.

Edited by RiG

56 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Couple of hospitals in England had to shut their A&E departments because of spikes of covid cases 2 weeks after the VE day celebrations. I think it's too early to be confident about anything.

Context is everything

Sounds more like the increase in infections came from within the hospital than from outwith.

There's also this but no context of how those numbers compare to other hospitals

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/weston-hospital-coronavirus-covid-somerset-4162300.amp?__twitter_impression=true

The media are desperate for a spike it seems.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The people who have no shame are those who are using bereaved families and their dreadful experiences to score political points against Cummings.

Any right to the moral high ground was lost at that point.

This is finished. He's staying in his job.

No doubt something else will happen soon for the faux outrage brigade to attach to.

Hypocrisy does love a cause.

What a fuss over nothing.

attention+seeking.jpg

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Context is everything

Sounds more like the increase in infections came from within the hospital than from outwith.

The media are desperate for a spike it seems.

I’m not sure how you’ve got to that conclusion from that tweet?

It seems like you’re desperate for any spikes that do actually happen to not be related to an event where the public gathered in numbers. I wonder why that is.

The people who have no shame are those who are using bereaved families and their dreadful experiences to score political points against Cummings.

No doubt something else will happen soon for the faux outrage brigade to attach to.

I’m only going to entertain one of your points as you are clearly fishing or perhaps hard of thinking. 

Bereaved families very much have the moral high ground in this shit show and to infer they have no shame is shameful on your part. 

But I suspect with your rod in your hand you know this. 

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I’m not sure how you’ve got to that conclusion from that tweet?

Maybe because I'm capable of reading up on something from more than one tweet?

The hospital itself has a bad rep.

It's a non-story

8 minutes ago, Snafu said:

That part of England is still pretty bad

''Sources at Weston General have told Bristol Live most of its Covid-19 patients contracted the virus after entering the hospital.

We approached the trust yesterday for comment on those reports. The trust is yet to respond.''

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/weston-general-hospital-bosses-wont-4166441

Which media are desperate for a spike?

You're quote supports my point, thank you.

UK mainstream media (an umbrella which the Bristol Post clearly doesn't fall under) are choking for a spike as maintaining the fear level sells papers and generates clicks.

It's the reason that the same (false) headlines about Germany were reported repeatedly over a number of days on twitter whilst the positive news is a footnote at best.

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

The latest defense for Dominic Cummings is that Ian Blackford went home to Skye on the 26th March after Parliament shut down. That's how far they're stretching.

And they all stayed in the Palace of Westminster, presumably.

I suspect if it was a Labour or SNP chief advisor, then your position on this would change drastically.

His version of events is absolutely farcical and shows they think that they can get out of this situation with a pack of lies.

Also, this is far from finished. 

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Hasn't virtually every newspaper suffered devastating drops in income from physical sales dropping off a cliff & wouldn't it therefore be in their interests to advocate for faster lifting of lockdown?

You might be right tbh. Digital revenue must be up though?

I don't really understand their negative focus - but it's consistent across the board

I knew I heard the moral high ground klaxon.

In any case, for someone who isn't a Tory, Cummings has a heck of a knack of working for/with them. Probably more a reflection of who he views as degenerate and able enough to further his own creepy ambitions.