Coronavirus (COVID-19)

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I think it will have a long term impact but sadly I think the length of time to the next GE and the size of the majority makes Johnson fairly bullet proof.

Not when the bullets are being fired by Opposition parties, the electorate and, increasingly, by his own side. The first and last of those are starting to do their bit, it's down to us to step up - and let the Media know we won't stand for their shite any more. Calling the likes of Kuennssberg out on Twitter to the extent that her acount becomes unusable should be easy enough, as long as she continues to abuse her position that would, imho, be fair game. Use SM creatively - at the very least, start promulgating some pics/memes that aren't far right/poppy wearing/flag waving shite. It may change a few minds. If nothing else, we can let some of the newly-disgusted know about some of the other shite Cummings has got up to over the years.

The door's open a wee crack - let's all get our shoulders to it and heave.

Edited by WhiteRoseKillie

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

First time I've heard Ms Sturgeon's briefing - very impressed. No "ehmming" and "ahhing" and waving the hands about there, seems to have a command of the subject.

She comes across as accomplished, honest, sincere and empathetic due to being well-prepared , not shouldering the burden of having to remember Dom's script and not being an entitled, weaselly, lying shitbag.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

I think they're going to ride this out, tbqh, Trump style.

Was talking to our next door neighbour, the one whose cancer has returned. He hasn't had an appointment/consultation/examination since 28th February, despite the fact he's supposed to be seen about every six weeks, which means, by my calculations he's about due for a second appointment never mind his first. He's "examined" over the phone. I can see how that would work with some conditions but not cancer. He also has a foot problem which needs regular dressing - he's doing that himself, with the help of his daughter, who's a nurse.

He's not getting a food parcel as he never got a GP's letter for him to shield.

Meanwhile, entitled f****** swan about the country on 540 round trips for unrequired child care and test drives to beauty spots on their spouse's birthday.

6 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

She comes across as accomplished, honest, sincere and empathetic due to being well-prepared , not shouldering the burden of having to remember Dom's script and not being an entitled, weaselly, lying shitbag.

I think that's the important bit there. Even the sisters Grimm come across better than BJ.

While Cummings was grinding at the contrite salt of the earth da act yesterday, did anyone else notice the mask slip while answering the (I can't recall which) journo who asked him about his wife's Spectator article?
Not long after bemoaning distorted media reporting resulting in the need for the clear the air statement, when asked why bother writing an article at all, he sneered, 'she's a writer'.
Distorted media reporting is okay depending on where it comes from, thanks for confirming that you utter weapon.

24 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

While Cummings was grinding at the contrite salt of the earth da act yesterday, did anyone else notice the mask slip while answering the (I can't recall which) journo who asked him about his wife's Spectator article?
Not long after bemoaning distorted media reporting resulting in the need for the clear the air statement, when asked why bother writing an article at all, he sneered, 'she's a writer'.
Distorted media reporting is okay depending on where it comes from, thanks for confirming that you utter weapon.

Beth Rigby at Sky has just tweeted re. the contradictions between the two Cummings' stories.

image.thumb.png.83b5c0160c54c6032e2d11ab75a63055.png

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

This harassing him on his doorstep (by the general public, not the meeja) is going to give them an "out".

Same with Sky doorstepping his elderly parents,  it's just backing up his fantasy story.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m wondering what the other excuses Cummings discarded before deciding that “to test my eyesight”was the best he could come up with.

More apprentice story pish like :

I was chased by  a bear.

I forgot where I lived.

I was abducted by aliens.

Fintan O Toole hitting the nail on the head.

It is not news that Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings treat rules with contempt. But there is one rule even they might be expected to obey, because it is crucial to the maintenance of power. Never, ever, make the people who place their faith in you feel like fools.

Or, to put it another way, never let the people who think they are making a sacrifice realise that in fact they are the sacrifice. Before breaking this rule so flagrantly, Johnson and his consigliere would have done well to consider the fate of what used to be one of the most powerful institutions on these islands: the Irish Catholic church.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/26/cummings-contempt-lockdown-rules-public-catholic-church-ireland

Just now, bennett said:

Same with Sky doorstepping his elderly parents,  it's just backing up his fantasy story.

This is why I posted about the van and TV outside his house. It does nothing. That's not comeuppance, comeuppance is him being punted. Stuff like that just furthers his cause and deepens the entrenchment of some Tory voters.