Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Would* be an interesting social experiment to see just how much Tory bullshit working class England are willing to swallow and still prop up a Govt that traditionally harms them and theirs, on the basis that they share a common dislike of brown folk with funny names.

*It would, if it wasnt so damaging to the rest of us.

The fact he’s making a love statement on national TV virtually confirms he runs the country. He shouldn’t be even close to doing something like this as a SPAD, it’s the first time ever something like this has happened.

FWIW, I’m sure he’s going to double down on saying it’s all reasonable and enrage people even more. No danger he quits.

The fact that we have a fucking advisor having to explain his actions is a new low in this saga. He shouldn't be visible in any way at all - he's nothing more than an employee of the PM. 

I think it is right Cummings should have to explain his actions. However it shouldn't be in public to a wide audience - that's Johnson's job. Cummings can drive to Durham now that the restrictions have been lifted and explain himself to plod. 

11 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

lol these fucking drones:

Imagine being a Tory MP (to help you can try to lose any concept of empathy, do a line of cocaine, or go out and actively mock a homeless person) that has kept to the rules as firmly as possible since lockdown, even if only in a slightly selfish "im going to get my balls felt by the party if i f**k up" way rather than for the public good.

Then you get told to eat shit and defend this dick that doesnt ever have to spend significant time/effort to campaign to win a seat at election time because he's made the PM his little bitch.

Would guess a sizeable chunk of those sounded like Malcolm Tucker on a bad day having to put their name to that nothing sentiment.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

I see Boris' change in message went well
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/weston-general-hospital-a-and-e-closed-a4449926.html
2 weeks ago everyone went to the beach and now the hospital is overrun with new cases.
I guess people weren't ALERT enough.

Going to be quite hilarious watching England go back into lockdown just as the devolved administrations are exiting them.

Would* be an interesting social experiment to see just how much Tory bullshit working class England are willing to swallow and still prop up a Govt that traditionally harms them and theirs, on the basis that they share a common dislike of brown folk with funny names.

*It would, if it wasnt so damaging to the rest of us.

But, but that can’t be true surely. There are brown people in the Cabinet, hell one of them is allegedly female too.
The party of diversity looking out for us all.

Guest Bob Mahelp
24 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Resignation? Johnson totally misjudged the mood yesterday and he can't come out and sack him today without looking weaker (if that's even possible). I reckon some sort of face saving deal has been done involving DC resigning with a massive sweetener a few months down the line.

Not a chance.

Never forget that Cummings is not an elected politician. In his mind he answers to nobody, not even the guy who pays his wages. 

He's also got a long history of holding the press and public opinion in contempt, so anyone expecting him to do the honourable thing has got a long wait coming. 

What's interesting is that this is the first time I can remember a SPAD doing his own press conference, and having a Q&A session. Maybe Mandleson or Campbell ? I'm not sure. 

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We can't be too far away from Dominic Cummings turning up at Downing Street with an alsatian, four blackshirts and some flags. 

FTFY

Johnson managing to take some heat off Trump by making himself, and the UK, the world's biggest laughing stock.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/25/cummings-is-the-real-boss-world-press-pours-scorn-on-boris-johnson

Edited by Florentine_Pogen