Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, MixuFixit said:

In that situation I'd have held my nose and voted Labour. There really is no alternative if you hold fairly standard morals.

Maybe under previous labour leaders,  Corbyn not a chance in hell.

I wouldn't have voted at all if he was the only option.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Even if he does play the autism card - how does that explain his other visits to the castle and the bluebell woods?

One of two ways:

1) He's going to deny those

2) He's going to say that because his kid has autism they are allowed to drive outside their area for exercise.

This also gives BoJo an 'out' for yesterday, in saying that he didn't want to discuss someone else's child's medical conditions.

Edited by Gaz

Resignation? Johnson totally misjudged the mood yesterday and he can't come out and sack him today without looking weaker (if that's even possible). I reckon some sort of face saving deal has been done involving DC resigning with a massive sweetener a few months down the line.

7 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

This will be interesting. Prime Minister Cummings will be making a statement himself and taking questions apparently.

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1264883564144885760

1. Fuckyou, I do what I want. You're a stupid and I've got a very big brain, can't you see it?

2. My son's suddenly developed autistism and my uncle just died. Leave me alone. It's not fair.

3. The PM has accepted my resignation, an advisor becoming the news gets in the way of the project to smash everything and f**k the libtards.

I'm taking bets.

11 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

He also voted Labour in the last election.

The left do like to self harm, in a kind of holier-than-thou crusade every now and again. Similar to the 'not a real fan' arguments that crop up from time to time.

*votes the Conservatives and is told that directly contributed to and was an endorsement of a Conservative government*

SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEFT

3 hours ago, 101 said:

He couldn't return as a special advisor and the perks that comes with. He couldn't attend cabinet or SAGE or private briefings. He could work for the Conservative party at arms length but not much more than that.

Waiting to see if Sir Mark resigns either over the Civil Service tweet or as he is in charge of the spads.

This sounds bang on, yep. He'd be marginalised more and easier to cut out of discussions. 

Kind of working on an "if it was that easy to resign and still have the same perks he'd have just done that earlier" assumption.

3 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

No. Many people have died unnecessarily because of austerity and many more did so because of their response to covid. I can be accused of applying hindsight to the latter in believing Labour would have acted differently but not the former. If you're in England and you didn't vote Labour when that was the only option to block tories, you'd share some of the responsibility for those deaths. Not to mention all the blatant thievery and corruption.

Maybe if the unions hadn't been propping up Corbyn then Labour could have sorted itself out.

Blame lies in many places.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

He'll start a eugenics think tank and make a mint.

He was awfy clever on the walking dead tbf but that was just a tv show.