Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

ooft

Heartbreaking stuff. And something that thousands throughout the country have had to go through, thinking that they were complying for the greater good. 

As it turns out, they could have said 'f*ck it', made up their own rules, and still acted with integrity. Who knew, eh ?

12 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

As it turns out, they could have said 'f*ck it', made up their own rules, and still acted with integrity. Who knew, eh ?

Everyone flouting the rules.

It's like taking drugs. It's illegal but millions of people don't care.

2 hours ago, Perkin Flump said:

Albert, just look up the mess that Venezuala has become. I do not enable anything, I detest extremism from both sides as it always ends up the same. The people suffer & arseholes like Cummings, Milne, Hancock & Abbott live high on the hog while the rest of us eat "cake". 

This is absolute shenanigans. 

I'm no fan if Corbyn but there was nothing to suggest that he would have led the UK into a Venezuelan style collapse. That's extremist nonsense of the kind you claim to hate. There is nothing worse than people like yourself who voted tory coming out with rubbish like that whilst claiming to have been "sensible" - thanks to your sensible actions we have a lying, incompetent, racist in charge who, thanks to a complete failure of leadership has taken the UK to a heartbreaking death toll.

Own your vote. You knew they were ill prepared, selfish incompetent. Don't pretend it was some sort of pragmatic vote. Your vote contributed to this. 

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Stop pontificating about it using tired cliches then.

I'm usually posting with my tongue in cheek but I mean this sincerely - it's complete fucking idiots like you that have landed the UK in the state it's in, with an incompetent brainless government who don't have to be accountable. You freely admit you have no knowledge on the subject but you have strong opinions and will quite happily post a lot of shite and argue with those who have actually done some research. When people try to ask you questions or challenge your uneducated bollocks you refuse to take anything on board, double down and then post some drivel about being tired to try and shut down the conversation.

Democracy is a good thing but it frustrates me that you get as many votes as someone with more than 16 brain cells.

He can vote for whoever he wants to, hounding people because of their vote isn't very liberal.

Most of us have opinions on the subject,  guess what... most of us aren't experts on the subject and get stuff wrong.

He can vote for whoever he wants to, hounding people because of their vote isn't very liberal.
Most of us have opinions on the subject,  guess what... most of us aren't experts on the subject and get stuff wrong.
He also voted Labour in the last election.

The left do like to self harm, in a kind of holier-than-thou crusade every now and again. Similar to the 'not a real fan' arguments that crop up from time to time.

What do we think he’s going to say? It’s not like he’s going to apologise - he’s already adamant that he didn’t break the law and was completely in the right. He’s not going to resign either so he must just be sticking to his guns?

This will be interesting. Prime Minister Cummings will be making a statement himself and taking questions apparently.
https://mobile.twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1264883564144885760
He won't be resigning that's for sure. My guess is that he's going to play the sympathy card. They'll be some bullshit reason as to why he should be treated as an exception. Son is autistic or some such excuse

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

What do we think he’s going to say? It’s not like he’s going to apologise - he’s already adamant that he didn’t break the law and was completely in the right. He’s not going to resign either so he must just be sticking to his guns?

He's going to come out with an autism excuse.

Can anyone find a mention of his child having autism before yesterday? I'd be interested to see where that started, I'm aware it was all over Twitter last night.

Maybe he’ll go all Patel on us and say he’s sorry that people are upset while absolutely maintaining he’s acted appropriately at all times.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Someone can vote for any party but if they of their own volition, in this thread, today, still come in and say 'phew! we sure dodged a bullet with Corbyn!' is it any wonder they get a hailstorm of resistance?

If I was in England I wouldn't have voted for any of their three main parties,  luckily I'm in Scotland.