Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Guilty as charged Mixu, I have never disputed that. I have looked into the recent economic travails of Venezuela from both angles & it is an utter basket case even before this crisis. Thankfully this will have little impact on them due to the reduced traffic in & out of the Country. The impact of what is happening on our Country is will be felt for Generations, I know my taxes will be rising & I am ok with that because we all need to help to get us out of the shit, I will not be happy if the Personal Allowance starts to drop because that is penalising the prople who can least afford it. With regards to Venezuela I have been watching that disaster unfold for several years, it is not about the current crisis it is Albania, Cambodia, The USSR et al all over again, just like Germany, Spain, Italy, Trumps USA. I do not like extremists as their Doctrines do not work. I a apolitical in the sense that I don't trust any of them, if that makes me sensible & stupid at the same time then I'm happy with that.

Nothing sensible about falling for the lie that Corbyn was in any way an extremist. It says a lot about the depth of tory framing that wanting public assets owned publicly can be seen as extreme. 

7 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

How dae ye ken? Did ye ask the woman?

Good for you. You're happy to pay more tax so I presume you're happy to pay for Trident and HS2?

Like f**k I am, HS2 is utterly irrelevant now that Video Conferencing is the new normal (gads). As long as the US, Russia & China have nukes, we matter not a jot,get rid and spend the savings elsewhere  but keep some aside to rejuvanate the economy around Faslane.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

^^^never had a can on the way to a match?

I have never entered a Football match under the influence of alcohol, it expressly forbids it under the terms & conditions of entry.

1 hour ago, HTG said:

I'm not sure how consistent reporting standards are across countries. I think the mortality comparison to "normal" years may be a better measure. There are some places where you can't trust the infrastructure and others (not a million miles away) where you can't trust the reporting. 

Brexitland has made a rip-roaring c**t of it compared to just about every other country in Europe and with Greece it's not even close. No amount of whataboutery over reporting standards changes that. 

I do genuinely wonder if we will see an anti-democratic movement emerge in the UK in the next few years.  You see sentiments like those expressed by Marshmallo a lot.  Education has become more of a factor in the difference in voting patterns in recent history as well.   It might seem outlandish but qualifications for participation in some civic duties were only abolished in the 1970s in Britain (property qualifications for jury service specifically).  I doubt it would take a vocally anti-democratic position but perhaps would emerge as part of another movement.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Stop pontificating about it using tired cliches then.

I'm usually posting with my tongue in cheek but I mean this sincerely - it's complete fucking idiots like you that have landed the UK in the state it's in, with an incompetent brainless government who don't have ti be accountable. You freely admit you have no knowledge on the subject but you have strong opinions and will quite happily post a lot of shite and argue with those who have actually done some research. When people try to ask you questions or challenge your uneducated bollocks you refuse to take anything on board, double down and then post some drivel about being tired to try and shut down the conversation.

Democracy is a good thing but it frustrates me that you get as many votes as someone with more than 16 brain cells.

Marshy, I voted for Labour the last time out & will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, can you just bugger off and annoy people like oaksoft & Malky. I have absolutely zero strong opinions other than both extremes are wrong & we need to find the balance in the middle, if this was a right wing site I would be arguing against the polar opposites there. It's probably for the best if I just bugger off because I am doing no good here 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Yeah that's right, you're the hero in all this and anyone who says otherwise is as bad as a racist.

The sooner that he has his next blubbering meltdown and resigns from the forum the better. Hopefully the mods will set up an IP block on his tragic account as well. 

4 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

Marshy, I voted for Labour the last time out & will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, can you just bugger off and annoy people like oaksoft & Malky. I have absolutely zero strong opinions other than both extremes are wrong & we need to find the balance in the middle, if this was a right wing site I would be arguing against the polar opposites there. It's probably for the best if I just bugger off because I am doing no good here 

When was the last time a left wing terrorist killed a sitting UK MP, if both extremes are as bad as each other?

12 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I do genuinely wonder if we will see an anti-democratic movement emerge in the UK in the next few years.  You see sentiments like those expressed by Marshmallo a lot.  Education has become more of a factor in the difference in voting patterns in recent history as well.   It might seem outlandish but qualifications for participation in some civic duties were only abolished in the 1970s in Britain (property qualifications for jury service specifically).  I doubt it would take a vocally anti-democratic position but perhaps would emerge as part of another movement.

I don't think asking people to choose their vote for sound reasons is an anti - democratic position. 

I put this on the Misc Football page but it is Covid related and  it will affect a few on here so get ready to pay a bit more if you have paused Sky Sports.

Sky are charging customer for Sky Sports from the 19th of June onwards for those that have the full Sports package or the single Premiership package. (Premiership will restart on the 20th)

Anyone that has the single Football, Cricket, F1 or Action and Arena packs will stay paused.

Golf will also be charged from the 19th of June when the PGA restarts.