Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Sooky said:

Even the Mail has had enough!

IMG_2792.jpg

If The Telegraph flips as well, surely that will be it? 

The Conservatives are brutal when they think someone is dragging them down - can imagine more than a few MPs who have yet to speak are getting restless. 

Fucking hell lads, cheer up, this has been a good day. Some people don’t give a f**k, they vote but aren’t really political, but this clusterfuck will stick, it will stay with them, this lockdown has personally hit every person. The tide has definitely turned. These arrogant c***s think they’re untouchable, big mistake 

Gammon twitter confidently proclaiming that Cummings’ son has autism which would cast a new light on it given the fact that certain lockdown restrictions can be loosened in that case. No idea whatsoever if this is true.
It’s the perfect out though; it can never be confirmed or denied due to patient confidentiality and plays to the loving father narrative. Quite why they didn’t put out a carefully worded statement when it first broke to quell the outrage  but instead left it to boil over I don’t know, or maybe this is the most incredible 3D chess move by Cummings.
A strange line of attack consider most gammons seem to think Autism and ADHD are just kids acting like wee shites and nothing some good old corporal punishment couldn't sort out. Besides which, surely if his kid IS indeed autistic, surely piling him into a car at short notice for a 270 mile drive through the night without a stop (lol) would trigger a fair sized meltdown.

1 minute ago, heedthebaa said:

Fucking hell lads, cheer up, this has been a good day. Some people don’t give a f**k, they vote but aren’t really political, but this clusterfuck will stick, it will stay with them, this lockdown has personally hit every person. The tide has definitely turned. These arrogant c***s think they’re untouchable, big mistake 

Boris Johnston lied to the queen, shut down parliament, conspired to have a journalist assaulted, has more kids than even he knows, and the Right in this country still fucking love him because he's going to get rid of brown people.

I would love to have your optimism. I don't share it.

17 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The last time I heard Tony Bellew talk about current affairs, it was to say that anyone suspected of supporting terrorist activity should be executed without trial. Truly one of the great intellects of our time.

He’s a fucking imbecile. A few weeks ago he wanted anyone sitting in a park to get lifted. 

He wants things on the news that ‘lighten the mood’, maybe the BBC can try and find a water-skiing squirrel or a panda about to give birth. 

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
1 hour ago, Snobot said:
Gammon twitter confidently proclaiming that Cummings’ son has autism which would cast a new light on it given the fact that certain lockdown restrictions can be loosened in that case. No idea whatsoever if this is true.
It’s the perfect out though; it can never be confirmed or denied due to patient confidentiality and plays to the loving father narrative. Quite why they didn’t put out a carefully worded statement when it first broke to quell the outrage  but instead left it to boil over I don’t know, or maybe this is the most incredible 3D chess move by Cummings.

A strange line of attack consider most gammons seem to think Autism and ADHD are just kids acting like wee shites and nothing some good old corporal punishment couldn't sort out. Besides which, surely if his kid IS indeed autistic, surely piling him into a car at short notice for a 270 mile drive through the night without a stop (lol) would trigger a fair sized meltdown.

Not necessarily. Our kids love being in the car, the motion soothes and calms them.

Guest Bob Mahelp

We're deep into Trumpworld here. ....you know, the world where facts are irrelevant and the only thing that counts is how many cult followers continue to support an ideology rather than make cold, sensible decisions based on an understanding of common sense and human decency. 

A Downing St. tweet yesterday used the phrase 'fake news'. 

Cummings is unelected and doesn't give a flying f**k what the whole country thinks about him. Johnson has a huge majority, the majority of the written press on his side and almost 5 years of breathing space. They're laughing at us. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Oh aye everyone's kid is autistic nowadays when it suits them.

I work for Scottish Autism and none of the lads I support have been allowed any contact with their parents since lockdown.
To say I am angry with what has been unfolding today is a slight understatement.
Even if DCs kid is autistic it is highly unlikely they would have been able to make a 250 mile trip without multiple stops!

2 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Schools were (and are) open for children of key workers, but the actual uptake of key workers sending their kids into school has been very low. Most areas have local hubs with both primary and secondary children in them, and a mixture of teachers. From what I have heard from a few folk who have had to send their kids in, it has been little more than a child minding service in some places.

My work (after school) was open for a week when lockdown started and we had to close as numbers went from 25 to just two. The primary school is open though which covers quite a large part of the area. 

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Boris Johnston lied to the queen, shut down parliament, conspired to have a journalist assaulted, has more kids than even he knows, and the Right in this country still fucking love him because he's going to get rid of brown people.

I would love to have your optimism. I don't share it.

These are all fair points. However a lot of people don't really care that much about politics beyond the way they vote and the other guy being wrong. 

This is different. We've been confined to our houses for weeks, been told to stay at home and threatened with fines if our reason for leaving wasn't good enough. Unlike Johnson lying to the Queen, people have suffered as a result of the lockdown - suffered mentally, they have missed weddings, funerals, haven't been able to see family and in some cases have lost family members to the virus or indeed their employment. All of this, we are told, is a necessary sacrifice. We expect people to comply. 

Cummings, meanwhile, has delivered a massive f**k you to the people who have adhered to the restrictions. Lying to the Queen and porouging parliament will be forgotten about in a few days; ten weeks plus of restrictions will see that this doesn't go away for the Government. 

Edited by Michael W
Typos

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

These are all fair points. However a lot of people don't really care that much about politics beyond the way the vote and the other guy being wrong. 

This is different. We've been confined to our houses for weeks, been told to stay at home and threatened with fines of our reason for leaving wasn't good enough. Unlike Johnson lying to the Queen, people have suffered as a result of the lockdown - suffered mentally, they have missed weddings, funerals, havent been able to see family and in some cases have lost family members to the virus or indeed their employment. All of this, we are told, is a necessary sacrifice. We expect people to comply. 

Cummings, meanwhile, has delivered as massive f**k you to the people who have adhered to the restrictions. Lying to the Queen and porouging parliament will be forgotten about in a few days; ten weeks plus of restrictions will see that this doesn't go away for the Government. 

Thank you, perfectly put