Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

England will continue to vote Tory despite this.

The only small glimmer of hope that I'm taking from this shambles, is that it helps the cause for independence.  I may be clutching at straws mind you.

7 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

Fine thanks. You?

You speak Geordie? Well enough likes, ya c**t. Can a borra yir trowel for a coupla days til me Giro cooms in man? 

Edited by welshbairn

Gammon twitter confidently proclaiming that Cummings’ son has autism which would cast a new light on it given the fact that certain lockdown restrictions can be loosened in that case. No idea whatsoever if this is true.

It’s the perfect out though; it can never be confirmed or denied due to patient confidentiality and plays to the loving father narrative. Quite why they didn’t put out a carefully worded statement when it first broke to quell the outrage  but instead left it to boil over I don’t know, or maybe this is the most incredible 3D chess move by Cummings.

Gammon twitter confidently proclaiming that Cummings’ son has autism which would cast a new light on it given the fact that certain lockdown restrictions can be loosened in that case. No idea whatsoever if this is true.
It’s the perfect out though; it can never be confirmed or denied due to patient confidentiality and plays to the loving father narrative. Quite why they didn’t put out a carefully worded statement when it first broke to quell the outrage  but instead left it to boil over I don’t know, or maybe this is the most incredible 3D chess move by Cummings.

Don’t believe that for one second tbh

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

They can't taser them if they don't answer questions. Johnson and Shapps portayed themselves as lying, hypocritical and craven arseholes, it was more than I could have hoped for.

Yip, if they give something resembling a feasible answer then the interviewer can pick holes in it and tear it apart. However if they just waffle a load of a nonsense, like Johnson did, there's not actually much the interviewer can do, other than repeat the question, which just gets a repeat response! At that point you just have to hope the public watching realise what he's doing.

I made the mistake of voting Conservative a couple of times, didn't the last time, after this shitshow my heart will do it's inevitable bursting before I will do again. Sackcloth and ashes for me not going to lie. 

No one seen Cameron's tory party unravelling. Brexit almost destroyed them but they still had the Brexit ideology to rally behind.

High profile Tories lining up to die on the hill Cummings made for them will do damage. Whether Labour are credible yet or not, Keir Starmer only.needs to look vaguely sensible to cash in on this.

Aye we are four years from a GE but we are in the realms of potential govt toppling.

Just imagine on the back of this some more tangible dirt comes out re covid handling, care homes or whatever. This could be seismic if the media keep the heat on

Doesn't explain the two further visits to Durham.

I thought the journalists ripped him apart, despite having their follow on questions blocked and supposed "technical difficulties.". Not sure what you expected, "Yes, ok, Dom is a c**t, I'll sack him and then resign."? He just dug a bigger hole for himself, as Tory MP's will be seeing in their inboxes.

I just thought they could have asked one question and no one did
Why do you say he travelled to Durham for childcare when no one in Durham could have looked after child as they were isolating- surely they could have isolated exactly the same way inLondon

I'm not sire how. Is he the only parent with an autistic child? No. I'm sure there will be millions of such parents out there, I'm sure many of them will be struggling, I'm sure many of them wanted to do something like go out for a day or take them to grandparents or whatever. I'm sure many of them were ill (or is it "thought they might get ill" I forget which excuse they used most recently) and were tearing their hair out thinking about what to do. I'm sure there will be many single parents, people who don't have the luxury of family members who live nearby, or staff who live locally or who don't live in a city where deliveries of food and other essentials are easy to come across. How many of those made the sacrifice of staying at home no matter how shitty they felt, and how many thought "f**k it" and did their own thing?

This guy is so smart he drove, *knowing* he would soon become symptomatic 🔮 

Conveniently shrugging off the idea that he was too sick to drive. 

The whole story is so convenient that it can only be made up bollocks. Like someone on twitter said, as more becomes known, the more it will fall apart. Its too contrived to be the truth. At first the story was:

Both ill, drove to Durham to parents. 

Then, realising that this means exposing vulnerable parents to infection it became:

Both ill, drove to Durham for childcare where sister and parents were and stayed in separate house. 

Today became:

One ill, one about to become ill, drive to Durham to sister (and parents), stayed in separate house, childcare wasn't needed but there *just in case*. Sister dropped shopping at door. 

Each aspect refined just to counter possible claims of wrongdoing. 

Would have been good if someone had asked Johnson today what he thought the story was, from the beginning. Any money it wouldn't have tallied up. 

Absolute bollocks and will all come out in the wash. 

Edited by madwullie

2 minutes ago, Worktheshaft said:
25 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Doesn't explain the two further visits to Durham.

I’m not advocating it, just saying that there are people attempting to justify his actions with mawkish “looking after his little lad” chat. Presumably they would claim the wife and child stayed in Durham while he went to London hence the repeat visits.

For the avoidance of doubt I’m firmly in the #torycunts camp.