Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The Little Englanders who are all saying " But what rule was broken???//??" are doing my head in. Go and look at the legislation (boring as it may be) and you'd find out. Of course they won't though.

Getting frustrated at the journalists inability to nail the question, and then not follow up complete non-answers by just calling them out on it, force them to answer the question rather than let them repeat the Tory buzzwords ‘legal and responsible’ and brush every question off with the same line. 

Shapps’ two interviews this morning were carbon copies. Sophy Ridge done a slightly better job of making him look like the fool he is, but he managed to bluff his way through most of it with his pre-prepared lines. Johnson just done his usual evasion tactics, something he is very good at. Cutting off journalists half way through a question wasn’t the best look though. 

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

This is probably the nub of it. He's the guy that's going to get rid of black people after brexit for them so he could have taken a shit in the street in front of all those photographers outside his house and they'll still vote for him. Until significant numbers of them start showing up in polling as taking their votes elsewhere it doesn't matter.

People should be furious with him so it's a good revealing moment to see who isn't saying much.

I apologise for raising this yet again, but if it weren’t for FPTP then the Tories wouldn’t be able to treat people with such contempt.

55 minutes ago, Donathan said:

That’s the lockdown officially over then. If the police pull me over I’m pulling the Cummings excuse.

Heating on full blast, windows up, to give you the look of having a fever.

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

The Little Englanders who are all saying " But what rule was broken???//??" are doing my head in. Go and look at the legislation (boring as it may be) and you'd find out. Of course they won't though.

I am sure there was a lot of fuss made around the beginning of the lockdown explaining to people, mainly rich Londoners, that under no circumstances were they to travel to a second home to isolate, due to the pressures this would put on the Health services in these places. It’s also made clear in the legislation that travelling to a second home to isolate was forbidden. It’s a point that I haven’t seen put to either Johnson or Shapps. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Children of key workers were supposed to have had continual education I thought?

Schools were (and are) open for children of key workers, but the actual uptake of key workers sending their kids into school has been very low. Most areas have local hubs with both primary and secondary children in them, and a mixture of teachers. From what I have heard from a few folk who have had to send their kids in, it has been little more than a child minding service in some places.

Can't help but feel It's all went too partisan for this to make a big enough difference to voting. Folk who vote for him aren't arsed about Johnson being a w****r - everyone knew that years ago. It's more a case of voting against stuff rather than voting for anything. Johnson/the Tories are positioned as being against the soft 'lefty PC brigade', as well as being against the forins and being passionately British. It's why there are still thousands of Union Jack emoji types defending them on social media, they could do literally anything at this point and still retain their core supporters. The only hope is that things like this will maybe change undecided voters, but i'm still not sure if that's enough to make a difference. 

Edited by Fratelli

He illegally shut down Parliament and still won a huge majority 6 weeks later.

None of this matters in the grand scheme of things.

The GBP don't understand politics, or what goes on in the corridors of power. They do understand the pain of obeying rules which mean they've not been allowed to say goodbye to their loved ones. They are getting rightly and simply angry because the cúnt who made those rules has blatantly ignored them and, when caught doing so said "what are you lot going to do about it?"

Joe and Mrs Average may not know much about economics, but they know a cúnt when they see one.

21 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
46 minutes ago, Detournement said:
It's definitely not. 

Well I think it is.

You might be right but people were saying similar when Jo Cox was shot dead, parliament was prorogued, loads of Tories were unceremoniously sacked by Cummings, and Johnson just lied and hid his way through an election campaign. This is the problem with running a political system on norms and traditions when someone decides that actually no you can actually do what you want then it's difficult to punish them for it.

12 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

This is probably the nub of it. He's the guy that's going to get rid of black people after brexit for them so he could have taken a shit in the street in front of all those photographers outside his house and they'll still vote for him. 

Worth bearing in mind that loads of people, myself included, think it's funny to treat journalists the way Cummings did yesterday. Not saying it's right, it's just funny and it's hardly like the journo class have did much to endear themselves to the public in recent memory.

10 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Getting frustrated at the journalists inability to nail the question, and then not follow up complete non-answers by just calling them out on it, force them to answer the question rather than let them repeat the Tory buzzwords ‘legal and responsible’ and brush every question off with the same line. 

Shapps’ two interviews this morning were carbon copies. Sophy Ridge done a slightly better job of making him look like the fool he is, but he managed to bluff his way through most of it with his pre-prepared lines. Johnson just done his usual evasion tactics, something he is very good at. Cutting off journalists half way through a question wasn’t the best look though. 

I thought the journalists ripped him apart, despite having their follow on questions blocked and supposed "technical difficulties.". Not sure what you expected, "Yes, ok, Dom is a c**t, I'll sack him and then resign."? He just dug a bigger hole for himself, as Tory MP's will be seeing in their inboxes.

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Does phase 1 begin on Thursday or Friday this week? Seen some reports that it’s Thursday but then also that Nicola will confirm on Thursday when phase 1 officially begins? 

I understood it to be reviewed whether or not we could move to phase 1 on Thursday and, if so, we'd get a date then.