Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The only dirt I can think that Cummings has on Johnson that would genuinely damage him is some sort of proof that Boris's covid was deliberately played up to garner sympathy. If he survives this then I'm putting all my money on that barring any other convincing explanation.

I'm another who is in a similar position to DC.

At no point did we consider driving down to get support from grandparents.

I'm livid as many others are. This guy is basically acting PM. The rallying around him is ludicrous.

It's bit Dundee Courier taken from Facebook if that's all they've got. Hope they've got back up. The first story was all they needed.

The new testimony suggests Cummings left the home where he was staying in Durham to visit a town 30 miles away. He was allegedly spotted back in Durham on 19 April, days after he was photographed in London having recovered from the virus. 

The two new witnesses were revealed in a joint investigation by the Guardian/Observer and the Sunday Mirror.

One saw him in Durham on 19 April, days after Cummings was photographed in London having recovered from the virus.

A week earlier Cummings was seen by another witness in Barnard Castle on Easter Day, 30 miles away from Durham, the investigation found. The town, which takes its name from the English Heritage site at its centre, is a popular destination for days out.

Robin Lees, 70, a retired chemistry teacher from the town, says he saw Cummings and his family walking by the Tees before getting into a car around lunch time on 12 April.

Lees said: “I was a bit gobsmacked to see him, because I know what he looks like. And the rest of the family seemed to match – a wife and child. I was pretty convinced it was him and it didn’t seem right because I assumed he would be in London.”

He added: “I went home and told my wife, we thought he must be in London. I searched up the number plate later that day and my computer search history shows that.”

When Cummings was apparently recognised a second time on 19 April he was wearing his trademark beanie hat, and was heard commenting on how “lovely” the bluebells were during an early morning Sunday stroll with his wife Mary Wakefield.

The second eyewitness, who declined to be named, said: “We were shocked and surprised to see him because the last time we did was earlier in the week in Downing Street.”

“We thought ‘he’s not supposed to be here during the lockdown’,” the source said.

“We thought: ‘What double standards, one rule for him as a senior adviser to the prime minister and another for the rest of us.’”

5 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Whatever the rights and wrongs are of Cummingsgate this is a crisis for this government. The failure of the PM to lead today’s briefing is pathetic.

If you have a leader who can't/won't lead, you have a massive gap in leadership and it all goes to shit quickly. Pathetic is going lightly on him tbh. 

I don't know what it is with Johnson. Is he hiding, or is he just a lazy shit? 

Edited by Michael W

No 10 just doubling down and screaming fake news in the hope it all goes away.

They’ll be taking the moral fucking high ground by Monday, just watch. ‘There’s a virus out there killing people!’.
My money is on Vera Lynn or Captain Tom taking one for the team by croaking it overnight.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

If you have a leader who can't/won't lead, you have a massive gap in leadership and it all goes to shit quickly. Pathetic is going lightly on him tbh. 

He's done sick leave and paternity leave so far, what other ones are available to him?

He’s spent his life hiding from scrutiny. That’s not to say he isn’t a lazy shit too.

43 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

4 years. Next general election due May 2024. You might be correct otherwise though. I’m not convinced the media will just move on though. This is a huge story. We’ll see.

Ah so it is. It's a huge story and there are people rightly furious, I just think this government is unlike anything we've seen on these islands before. The rules don't apply anymore. I'm hoping people remember this when the election does finally come round but I'm not optimistic.