Coronavirus (COVID-19)

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Why is Dominic Cummings not allowed to trend? I see stuff like Cummimgs needing to be the trend due to this. That opens up all sorts of conspiracies into the freedom of what we can see online.

I've read it's because cum is blocked, in the same way scunthorpe won't be allowed to trend. 

On topic, his story has changed a fair bit since last night, almost as if someone has checked the guidelines and his story's facts need to fit what was allowed. 

And nothing they've said  addresses the fact that his wife and he both wrote about their lockdown experiences, neither of which mentioned the drive to Durham, and gave the impression they were in London the whole time. 🤔🤨

Edited by madwullie

4 minutes ago, madwullie said:

I've read it's because cum is blocked, in the same way scunthorpe won't be allowed to trend. 

On topic, his story has changed a fair bit since last night, almost as if someone has checked the guidelines and his story's facts need to fit what was allowed. 

And nothing they've said  addresses the fact that his wife and he both wrote about their lockdown experiences, neither of which mentioned the drive to Durham, and gave the impression they were in London the whole time. 🤔🤨

Actual article here https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/getting-coronavirus-does-not-bring-clarity/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Screenshot_20200523-190959_Chrome.jpg

Edited by madwullie
Add article

The Mirror saying he made the same journey a second time. I reckon that's only been leaked because they've seen the strength of public opinion. He'll be gone in the next couple of days in a showy gesture before being brought back in a few weeks time.

Anyway, never mind that shite, is the Orange Order up here still having a Clap For The Tories later this year ?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Pippa Crerar's skill level in holding that article back in order to give the government rope is absolutely top notch.
It was a cert there was more to come, which makes it all the more baffling at quite how many ministers have jumped in right away.

Did the Calderwood story not begin with one trip before the second one was revealed at a later point?

22 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

I didn’t think he would go but if that’s validated he’s away.

Like so much in politics, it’s not the action it’s the lies in the cover up.

Cummings has Calderwooded himself - released a statement only to omit a crucial detail and be called out on it. Classic Dom. 

Hope the cabinet is happy having NG set their collective reputations on fire to give Cummings 8 hours for another allegation. 

His Mrs should be sacked for her lies in The Spectator as well. 

52 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Bit bizarre that 'Cummimgs' is allowed to trend.

I suspect that Cummings and the government are just going to deny the second article as lies. They've already accused the police of being liars so calling journalists liars isn't exactly a jump. And all the Tory lovers will lap it up.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I suspect that Cummings and the government are just going to deny the second article as lies. They've already accused the police of being liars so calling journalists liars isn't exactly a jump. And all the Tory lovers will lap it up.

Wonder if the eye witnesses passed on any photographs that the Mirror/Guardian are holding back...

Wonder if the eye witnesses passed on any photographs that the Mirror/Guardian are holding back...

Without photos, and if there are no other revelations to follow, they're dampening their own story.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 hours ago, btb said:

FFS that's harsh - his wife's one of the editorial team at The Spectator...:jerry

6 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm a huge critic of the right-wing press, but it's only fair to point out that The Telegraph...the in-house Tory gazette....has the Cummings story as its main headline. Including the 2nd revelations. 

If they continue in this vein, Cummings is dead in the water. 

1 minute ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm a huge critic of the right-wing press, but it's only fair to point out that The Telegraph...the in-house Tory gazette....has the Cummings story as its main headline. Including the 2nd revelations. 

I still can't see it. Pretty much every single minister has leapt to his defense - if they punt him now, it'll look bad on them. The only way I can see out of it is if Cummings resigns but still doesn't admit defeat and states that he's resigning to allow the govt to focus on the real issues instead of being harassed with nonsense or some such patter that will be a ridiculous attempt to save face. Even then, I can't see Cummings doing that - He seems the type that'd rather bring them all down with him.

Therefore, deny, deny, deny seems to be the logical (And embarrassing) option.

6 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Made too many enemies in the traditional high heid yin class, the traditional gentlemen's club fraternity aren't happy, even if the wide boy hedge funders and the likes of Rees Mogg are.

Edited by welshbairn