Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Couldn't care too less about the actual event itself but had to laugh when Sky News continued to describe the story as a mere 'alleged breach of lockdown rules' this morning. It's completely cut and dried. 

1 hour ago, swiftyswifty swifty said:

Tell you who it won’t be, the bold Boris. 

The timing of this story is a blessing for the Government with Parliament now in recess for Whitsun. 

Labour and the SNP need to be pushing for this “holiday” to be canned. 

Yeah "what a coincidence". This story had been known about since the end of march it was known about when Ferguson got sacked and it wasn't mentioned? Yet on a Friday night just as Parliament went into recess it "broke". 

What is it that Cummings is trying to hide just now that he felt he could risk his career to bury it? 

Edited by madwullie

Good news. 7 day average new infections in Scotland drop below 100 for the first time since March 26th to 85

You wonder if they may consider moving from Phase one to phase 2 slightly quicker if this trend continues.

You wonder if they may consider moving from Phase one to phase 2 slightly quicker if this trend continues.
You would hope so, and it would be a justification for an extended lockdown compared to down South. However I cant help but feel NS will continue with the cautious approach.

Can't wait to see what patsy junior minister they put out for the update this afternoon. " So Minister, are you saying if members of the public think they have the virus, they don't need to stay at home and self isolate anymore, but can drive the family the length of the country to a second home, stopping off at services on the way?" It's at 3.45, haven't watched one for ages.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Sadly there is not going to be a mass overnight conversion to the cause of Independence, however every incident such as this will hopefully convince more of the Scottish electorate that the hypocrisy and entitlement of the Tories and their ilk needs to be opposed and that can best be done through self determination.

I wish I shared your optimism.

We all know that 20% of this country will never ever vote for Independence because 🇬🇧 WATP 🇬🇧 WEE NIPPY 🇬🇧  GSTQ 🇬🇧 FTP 🇬🇧 SNP BAD 🇬🇧 KRANKIE 🇬🇧 LEAVE MEANS LEAVE 🇬🇧 but I have seen nothing to suggest over the past few years that enough of the other 35% will change their minds.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

We all know that 20% of this country will never ever vote for Independence because 🇬🇧 WATP 🇬🇧 WEE NIPPY 🇬🇧  GSTQ 🇬🇧 FTP 🇬🇧 SNP BAD 🇬🇧 KRANKIE 🇬🇧 LEAVE MEANS LEAVE 🇬🇧 but I have seen nothing to suggest over the past few years that enough of the other 35% will change their minds.

There has been movement since the Independence Referendum.  Not enough for my liking but I think opinion will only go in one direction.

From a selfish point of view I’d love to see it happen before I pop my clogs but so long as those that come after benefit that’s what is important.  I think Scotland/the SNP/Sturgeon will emerge from this crisis with more credibility.

To steal the slogan of a well known supermarket chain “Every Little Helps”.

5 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Put it closer to 40% and you're right

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Can't wait to see what patsy junior minister they put out for the update this afternoon. " So Minister, are you saying if members of the public think they have the virus, they don't need to stay at home and self isolate anymore, but can drive the family the length of the country to a second home, stopping off at services on the way?" It's at 3.45, haven't watched one for ages.

Imagine it is cancelled at last minute. Wouldn't surprise me.

I think they might put Cleverly out to bat.

Notable that the Downing St statement was less than a full blown defence. 

"Mr Cummings believes he behaved reasonably and legally."

If he gets slaughtered in the papers and the morning tv shows tomorrow, along with little bank bencher support, I think he'll be gone by Monday.

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Isn't Saturday usually the jobber slot for the daily briefing?

The equivalent of being happy seeing on the Sky planner that the Crystal Maze is on Challenge TV, but it turns out to be an Ed Tudor Pole episode.

It's been wall to wall jobbers for about six weeks now.

Still, the good news is that we're now just a few days away from being given permission to gather outside all summer in gradually expanding groups until we turn into those sophisticated, wine-sipping southern Europeans. Shame it couldn't have been rolled forward to today IMO. 

IMG_20200523_132553.thumb.jpg.6bd04d3be098821bb953967220973db4.jpg