Coronavirus (COVID-19)

They acted no differently in the interim period when the story broke. As more information came to light, the story didn't stack up and Calderwood had to go. She resigned of her own accord, however. 
Tonight's briefing ought to be fun for whatever chump is sent out to defend this. My money's on Gove. 

Gove is the only one who I’d guess could worm his way out it. He’s a complete fucking cretinous p***k but he’s far cleverer than anyone else in that cabinet.

Hancock on the other hand will crumble after the first question so I’m obviously hoping they send him out.

10 minutes ago, Michael W said:

They acted no differently in the interim period when the story broke. As more information came to light, the story didn't stack up and Calderwood had to go. She resigned of her own accord, however. 

Tonight's briefing ought to be fun for whatever chump is sent out to defend this. My money's on Gove. 

Tell you who it won’t be, the bold Boris. 

The timing of this story is a blessing for the Government with Parliament now in recess for Whitsun. 

Labour and the SNP need to be pushing for this “holiday” to be canned. 

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I’m guessing the probing questions will be getting asked by Robbie Savage, Mr Tumble and the late Mr Ed the Talking Horse.

Gove is the only one who I’d guess could worm his way out it. He’s a complete fucking cretinous p***k but he’s far cleverer than anyone else in that cabinet.

Hancock on the other hand will crumble after the first question so I’m obviously hoping they send him out.
None of them have to be clever, they only have to reinforce their voters' core requirement that whatever happens in UK society and elsewhere, and whatever dubious policies, politics and personalities are required, their homes, incomes, lifestyles will not be threatened. 99% of them have no interest beyond that, and that goes for Scotland too

Dominic Cummings doesn't have the presence of Alastair Campbell, doesn't have the sliminess of Peter Mandelson or the hilarity of the fake Campbell that is Malcolm Tucker. He's just a bit shit and incredible he's pretty much the leader of the UK.

He looks like Willie Collum and Rowan Atkinson's love child.

dominiccummings211219-0.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dominic Cummings doesn't have the presence of Alastair Campbell, doesn't have the sliminess of Peter Mandelson or the hilarity of the fake Campbell that is Malcolm Tucker. He's just a bit shit and incredible he's pretty much the leader of the UK.

He looks like Willie Collum and Rowan Atkinson's love child.

dominiccummings211219-0.jpg

He reminds me of Steve Fleming

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

Narrator: voters in Scotland did not, in fact, take note of these double standards.

Sadly there is not going to be a mass overnight conversion to the cause of Independence, however every incident such as this will hopefully convince more of the Scottish electorate that the hypocrisy and entitlement of the Tories and their ilk needs to be opposed and that can best be done through self determination.

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sadly there is not going to be a mass overnight conversion to the cause of Independence, however every incident such as this will hopefully convince more of the Scottish electorate that the hypocrisy and entitlement of the Tories and their ilk needs to be opposed and that can best be done through self determination.

It won't though. There is a large contingent of people who put the crown, flag and union above everything else and absolutely nothing will shake them off the pedestal.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

It won't though. There is a large contingent of people who put the crown, flag and union above everything else and absolutely nothing will shake them off the pedestal.

You realise that nothing in your response contradicts what I’ve posted.

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

At least Brexit means the British people are no longer ruled by unelected bureaucrats.

Dominic Cummings, he's one of our own 🎶

2 hours ago, Paco said:

Johnson has shown how weak he is to public opinion in the last couple of days. Was more than happy to boot families out of the country if a relative worked for the NHS and had just died of Covid, and he was more than happy to charge £650 a year for foreign-born NHS workers to use the same service they provide. The only thing that changed his mind was opinion polls and backlash.

Any resignation/‘sacking’ will be in name only but if polls show it’s supported by the majority it may well happen. Important this sticks around.

Mind there were multiple reports in the Telegraph etc from ministers that the lockdown was put in place because of public pressure. 

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

The SNP anger at this is a bit off to me, seems like they are more annoyed at the fact they got pressured into binning Calderwood than they are about Cummings behaviour itself.

Not surprising given that post they made about care home deaths fobbing off criticism by pointing out that more had died down south. It's been a bit mask off in recent weeks between that and the Wightman amendments debacle.

Edited by NotThePars