Coronavirus (COVID-19)

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I'd love to hear Laura Kuenssberg's single sentence answer to what a political journalist does.

I get the impression that for her it's all about having the biggest number of high-profile sources so she can be in the know.

She really needs to question why the Tory top brass constantly go to her first.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

1 minute ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I get the impression that for her it's all about having the biggest number of high-profile sources so she can be in the know.

She really needs to question why the Tory top brass constantly go to her first.

Presumably because half of them have pumped her. 

Now that we have an antibody test, I would just like to see Johnson, Hancock, Cummings and any other of this crew (Dorries, for example)who claims to have had the virus tested live at the result briefing, and the results shared with the nation. Johnson in particular went through the whole thing suspiciously quickly it for me, and I'm not convinced anyone's first thought when symptomatic would be to drive the length of England.

You mean the same Johnson that was out of action for weeks and had a trip to the ICU? Matt Hancock by comparison was back much more quickly.

You mean the same Johnson that was out of action for weeks and had a trip to the ICU? Matt Hancock by comparison was back much more quickly.
His trip to the ICU must have been one of the shortest on record. As for "out of action", I suppose we should be grateful that some of his continued absence from his job is explicable. What's the current excuse, other than a complete inability to understand or explain the latest government strategy?

Will be interesting to see if Piers Morgan goes to town on Cummings on the next episode of GMB. He’s been getting a lot of praise recently from people who normally despise the man for calling out the Tories in recent weeks. Hoping he stays consistent here and lays into Dominic Cummings.

1 minute ago, jamamafegan said:

Will be interesting to see if Piers Morgan goes to town on Cummings on the next episode of GMB. He’s been getting a lot of praise recently from people who normally despise the man for calling out the Tories in recent weeks. Hoping he stays consistent here and lays into Dominic Cummings.

Depends on what throbber tells him to do imo.

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

He's off all next week, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I shit on the BBC for not dealing with obviously corrupt people like Laura Kuenssberg but Lewis Goodall is a superb hire for them and this segment on newsnight is forensic. Demolishes her interference.

Glad the comments section picks up on hasnt vs. has; he does say hasnt in the video and its pretty clear its just a wee slip.

He and his wife were thick with it when they travelled give it a rest.

I know they were, that was my point. But I can't believe they would have travelled if they thought there was a fair chance doing so could lead to his parents dying or becoming seriously ill.

As they don't appear to have passed it on, did they take additional precautions that they know are majorly effective but aren't telling the rest of us?

I know they were, that was my point. But I can't believe they would have travelled if they thought there was a fair chance doing so could lead to his parents dying or becoming seriously ill.
As they don't appear to have passed it on, did they take additional precautions that they know are majorly effective but aren't telling the rest of us?
Occam's Razor, mate. They don't think they have to follow the rules. End of. Cúnts.

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Give it a fucking rest.  The next thing you’ll be posting is that’s all a conspiracy.

On a separate note, Dundee Courier story - fruit pickers from abroad will be exempted from two week quarantine.  A decision by the U.K. government not the Scottish one.

I shit on the BBC for not dealing with obviously corrupt people like Laura Kuenssberg but Lewis Goodall is a superb hire for them and this segment on newsnight is forensic. Demolishes her interference.

You're right about Goodall. At least someone is doing their job properly:

He did it because he is a c**t who thinks that rules are for the little people. Pure and simple. Plenty of families have had to abide by the rules and not leave home while they were symptomatic, and still look after their children at the same time.

The public health advice has always been not to leave home if you have symptoms, with absolutely no exceptions.

And if there was any doubt about Kuensberg's loyalty's, she has well and truly nailed her colours to the mast with this one. It's one thing for her to put out tweets from her "sources ", but to give answers to other reporters is a different matter.

10 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Anyone who thinks they travelled 270 miles with a 4 year old kid without stopping at services to share a few bugs is deluded. Self isolation it is not.