Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Sturgeon is quoted as saying "There is a strong emphasis in the first phase on outdoor activity because one of the things we are learning about this virus is the risk of transmission outdoors - although not zero - is nevertheless lower than the risk indoors"

Hasn't this been well known for a long time now? I wish they would share more information on where (they think) infections are taking place and how.

20 minutes ago, bendan said:

Sturgeon is quoted as saying "There is a strong emphasis in the first phase on outdoor activity because one of the things we are learning about this virus is the risk of transmission outdoors - although not zero - is nevertheless lower than the risk indoors"

Hasn't this been well known for a long time now? I wish they would share more information on where (they think) infections are taking place and how.

....It has been known for months . Certainly before the start of lockdown in uk.

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Cummings is going absolutely nowhere. It's mental to think they'll do anything other than brass neck this out until everyone's got other things to talk about.

Anyone been watching this lot for the past few years.... at all?

Yep, Cummings basically is the government.

Are people less judgemental these days and is it a good or bad thing? If I'd met Cummings at any time in my, or his, life I'd have picked him out as a complete roaster, best avoided. Just by looking at him, before he uttered a sound, yet he has worked his way through society and made a career that allows him influence. Why, how?

It seems more prevalent these days.

Are people less judgemental these days and is it a good or bad thing? If I'd met Cummings at any time in my, or his, life I'd have picked him out as a complete roaster, best avoided. Just by looking at him, before he uttered a sound, yet he has worked his way through society and made a career that allows him influence. Why, how?
It seems more prevalent these days.

Cummings is a genius in the same way that other sociopathic morons have reached very high political positions in their careers, I won’t name them but you know who I’m talking about.

In a way I’ll be disappointed if he resigns because his mantra of reforming the civil service by bringing in loads of techy geeks and his economic policy of investment in big infrastructure aligns with my own political views a lot more than a standard right wing Tory government, but at the same time I don’t see how his career can survive this very clear breach of the lockdown.

Just now, Donathan said:

Cummings is a genius in the same way that other sociopathic morons have reached very high political positions in their careers, I won’t name them but you know who I’m talking about.

In a way I’ll be disappointed if he resigns because his mantra of reforming the civil service by bringing in loads of techy geeks and his economic policy of investment in big infrastructure aligns with my own political views a lot more than a standard right wing Tory government, but at the same time I don’t see how his career can survive this very clear breach of the lockdown.

See, this is it. I've judged you and I've never laid eyes on you. You're a balloon.

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Isn't being a snivelling, spineless coward somewhat of a pre-requisite for being a Scottish Conservative? None of them will say a thing about Cummings and a largely compliant media will undoubtedly neglect to ask them for their comments either. 

10 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Yes you'd better be careful before throwing around defamatory allegations like "sociopathic moron" and "genius" on a Scottish football forum about the likes of Peter Mandelson. 

Now that we have an antibody test, I would just like to see Johnson, Hancock, Cummings and any other of this crew (Dorries, for example)who claims to have had the virus tested live at the result briefing, and the results shared with the nation. Johnson in particular went through the whole thing suspiciously quickly it for me, and I'm not convinced anyone's first thought when symptomatic would be to drive the length of England.

27 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are people less judgemental these days and is it a good or bad thing? 

I don't like Cummings at all but he doesn't seem to try to hide who he really is in the way people in those positions usually do. We seem more tolerant of that than before. He's an example of the downside.

In a sense it will be better for those of us who detest this Tory Government if Cummings and the rest of them brazen it out, as he will become the political equivalent of a piece of dogshit stuck to your shoe and a constant reminder of this shoddy episode.

The alternative of him 'resigning' would be symbolic anyway as I'm sure he'd continue to pull Johnson's strings from the shadows, whilst fully maintaining his dialogue with Kuenssberg and the rest.