Coronavirus (COVID-19)

15 minutes ago, super_carson said:
21 minutes ago, Donathan said:
Does “meet with another household” mean one household at a time or that you can’t meet any other households at all?

I was just wondering that - for example does my dad have to chose between seeing me and my brother? Or would it be that he only sees one of us at a time?

12 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

It means, if you really need to use scissors, have a grown up do it for you.

That is some reply 😆

10 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Took the antibody test today: negative.

I'm confused - is that positive?

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

They probably expect the majority to follow the rules as they have been doing. Not sure what your grievance is here, the alternative would be telling folk they can't visit family at all or scraping distancing rules. It's a sensible outcome surely?

It's not a grievance at all. And I said I know why it's there.

No chance anyone whos not seen their partner for 12 weeks is just going to sit across the living room though 😂

36 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Ayrmad pretty much had the same view as me.

You are the one who thinks it could be a big if. Why do you think it's a big if?

Thats a pretty negative outlook

see below

56 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I would tend to think Sturgeon is trying to avoid further mistakes that cost lives rather than playing to the gallery, yes it'll be a bit of a pain in the tits running weeks behind England if all goes well but I can live with it. 

52 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

That could be a big if

I was replying to that post, especially the bit I bolded.

I'm a pessimist in real life and if all goes well down in England then fair do's.

But if it doesn't then wha kens.

I'm a miserable sod.

2 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

see below

I was replying to that post, especially the bit I bolded.

I'm a pessimist in real life and if all goes well down in England then fair do's.

But if it doesn't then wha kens.

I'm a miserable sod.

At your age I'd advise caution regardless of what the numbers say in the short term, we still don't know enough about it yet, I do think everyone is going to have their own 'f**k it I can't go on like this' moment at some point down the line and it will have nowt to do with Boris or Nicola at that point. 

5 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I'm sorry badger I'm still confused.

you haven't had the coronavirus or hadn't had the test result?

It means I took the test & received written notification of the results. Unfortunately, the testing company were Australian and the letter was upside down so I couldn't read it.

We are hoping to have our son, his partner and our granddaughter down for a picnic a week on Saturday or Sunday weather permitting.  Social distancing quite easy.

My son’s partner asked me can she do the same on separate occasions with her mum/dad and sister.

Im assuming that only two households means two households at one time and would not stop her doing similar separately.

9 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

I'm sorry badger I'm still confused.

you haven't had the coronavirus or hadn't had the test result?

The test was to determine whether he had already had the virus or not. He hadn't.

2 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

It means I took the test & received written notification of the results. Unfortunately, the testing company were Australian and the letter was upside down so I couldn't read it.

Can’t you do handstands?

This continued social distancing is completely impractical for the medium to long term. Either something is safe or it isnt. Once you allow some things but not others, or in this case allow things with ( unenforceable ) conditions, we in the western world have a habbit of getting so far then saying “ ah tae f**k wi it , whit difference will it make doing X when we are already doing A,B,C,D Y ,&Z “ especially if the cases stay stable after restrictions are eases.
people don’t like change and they resist it

As a selfish, cunty, Pringle-clad fanny golfer, clearly, the only thing that matters to me is being able to play golf, so fcuk the elderly and those with underlying health issues... but on a more serious note, and in my book, this applies to the media, Tories, SNP, the boy scouts, the Tufty Club, anyone.... I wish to fcuk there was a law against anyone using the phrase ‘new normal’. Please, in the name of anything, make them insert the word ‘temporary’ in front of it.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

At your age I'd advise caution regardless of what the numbers say in the short term, we still don't know enough about it yet, I do think everyone is going to have their own 'f**k it I can't go on like this' moment at some point down the line and it will have nowt to do with Boris or Nicola at that point. 

At my age I intend to be cautious. I've no idea what I'll do when the all clear is given.

I'm 'fortunate' that I am deaf. When someone speaks it is just a noise to me. The louder they shout the louder the noise.

So I am totally unsociable and I much prefer to be on my own.

This is my 9th/10th week (I cannae remember) being isolated.

As long as I have my computer (two of them) plus my amazon firestick and my chromecast in the back of my smart tv then I'll survive.

Hopefully.

3 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

Either something is safe or it isnt.

Nothing in life is like that. It's just about taking sensible precautions. If enough people do they'll be able to lower the restrictions more quickly. If not we're back in lockdown.

Edited by welshbairn

Apologies if I'm mis-reading things (every possibility) but,

Re construction work re-starting. That's I believe in Phase 1 I think. (Outdoor work)

I think that factories is in phase 2. (Non office work)

However most of construction work involves assembling things that were made in factories.

Doesn't quite go hand in hand with one another. Am I right here? (I appreciate she couldn't go gung ho and have everything open up next week, but construction will be difficult with nothing to construct)