Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Clarity is fine in so far as it helps everyone know what to do, no problem with that. Largely it's a better presentation of the same substance. 
It isn't - this is a lot more staggered - particularly in non-essential retail.

It certainly isn't the yes but no but message of Vicky Johnson.

TBH I think that if you have a car and work locally then businesses are safe to start back with a skeleton staff as long as they can observe social distancing and hygiene rules. I would add in temp checks and hopefully testing added to that in the future.

e.g.
Call centre
All staff with car
Stay within 10 miles
Socially distance desks and have one way systems and make sure theres enough toilets and facilities to not share.

500 staff, maybe run at 50-100?

1 hour ago, renton said:

She did, but by the time you've worked out that the evidence is showing you can move quicker your as well waiting until the next review date.

Aye, of course, but it sounds hopeful for those who are itching to get going. At least two phases of re-opening will have passed before they realise they've been conned.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

TBH I think that if you have a car and work locally then businesses are safe to start back with a skeleton staff as long as they can observe social distancing and hygiene rules. I would add in temp checks and hopefully testing added to that in the future.

e.g.
Call centre
All staff with car
Stay within 10 miles
Socially distance desks and have one way systems and make sure theres enough toilets and facilities to not share.

500 staff, maybe run at 50-100?

My factory have been doing this for the last 4 weeks. Limited staff with the majority working from home, one way systems, hand sanitiser at every door, doors wedged open where possible, staggered tea breaks, socially distanced work areas. As far as I'm aware there's been no cases in here, we normally have around 110 staff working from here but probably only 30 or so here at the moment. We're a manufacturing plant with a production line, I imagine most places will be able to reopen with all or some of these rules in place.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hopefully most people will be back at work and with no tourists midweek afternoons could be bliss.

That's a fair shout, there's a decent sized one near me I could pop into on a dog walk. I have certainly missed a quiet dog walk and a pint.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

My factory have been doing this for the last 4 weeks. Limited staff with the majority working from home, one way systems, hand sanitiser at every door, doors wedged open where possible, staggered tea breaks, socially distanced work areas. As far as I'm aware there's been no cases in here, we normally have around 110 staff working from here but probably only 30 or so here at the moment. We're a manufacturing plant with a production line, I imagine most places will be able to reopen with all or some of these rules in place.

The supermarket I work in has had zero cases and we are one of the biggest in Scotland.

Plenty stuff put in place. Just need the customers to do as they are told and follow one way system and keep self distancing. 

Standing outside in cold weather could be fun come winter time 

What was the script with going to visit parents?
That's the only issue I have with the plans. It says "meeting up with another household, in small numbers, including in gardens..." NS said one household to another but for the fuckwits that could/will read as any number of households.
All the folk going on hillwalks and cycles with their pals will treat this as a green light to start having house parties from tomorrow night.
They must be building "bad behaviour" into their models for a certain percentage.
Yip. Said this weeks ago that the minute restrictions are slightly lifted folk wont listen to the advice and will exactly what they please. As if to back up my points here and above, not an hour after NS announcement my sister in law put on the family chat they will be having a bbq on 28th with a bouncy castle for my nephew birthday. Other members have said they'll be there. I pointed out it was one household allowed and the response was "l'm not bothered hahaha". Needless to say I've left said chat. Thick selfish c***s.
I'd say it's a thing many pubs do really well across England. Some really good ones in Lake District and Northumberland. Us? Not so good.
English pubs >>>>> Scottish pubs.

Wife just notified me re comments about govt not wanting dental practices to be the next carehomes due to ppe issues. Not back till that school date mid August. Private dentists be greeting like feck.

Think anyone expecting these phases to progress into nice three week chunks is setting themselves up for a disappointment. Would mean normality by the end of July. The guidance explicitly says we only reach phase four when the virus is no longer a threat to Scotland, e.g. it’s somehow just fizzled out or a vaccine is in circulation.

I would’ve liked to see some starker differences to England, it’s good we’ve binned the complete nonsense that is ‘only see your Mum but not your Mum and Dad’ type stuff but it seems we’re broadly moving along at a similar pace. Beer gardens might be quicker, things like schools might be slower, but the general idea appears to be the same.

Hopefully we can actually have TTI running before any significant changes.

Same here, bit less staff. No cases and nobody knows of anyone with any infections

23 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

I suspect that the Scottish Government have been perfectly aware that the current guidelines are to some extent currently being ignored. 

People are clearly meeting in parks/communal gardens etc. with people outside of their own household. People are having friends over - folk across the road from us were doing just that last night. 

A lot of the restrictions relaxed at Phase One are just formalising what in some places is happening in practice. The Scottish Government will have noticed that despite that infection rates etc. have still been coming down. 

Key to moving to Phase 2 will be if there is any increase in infection rates before the next review stage (I guess we might have to go through several reviews before we move, partially at least, to Phase 2). 

People will bend the rules, that's just human nature but these nominal restrictions aren't a thumbs-up for a bevy in the park/back garden with your mates/family no matter how tempting that is. 

Play this well and things could be starting to look much like normality over the course of the summer months. Bollocks it up and we could be stuck at this Phase, or back to full 'Lockdown' in quick time. 

Yep, unless they are incredibly incompetent they will have built contingency in to take account of the effect of the rule benders / breakers. 

The trouble is they can't tell you they have factored  that in their planning as it wouldn't just set off a tidal wave of further stretching or ignoring of the rules in place. 

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Think anyone expecting these phases to progress into nice three week chunks is setting themselves up for a disappointment. Would mean normality by the end of July. The guidance explicitly says we only reach phase four when the virus is no longer a threat to Scotland, e.g. it’s somehow just fizzled out or a vaccine is in circulation

Whilst I agree a July is unlikely, "no longer a threat" is very vague.

A low number of deaths which shows no signs of increasing should qualify as "no longer a threat" just as everything else which is responsible for low numbers of deaths isn't considered a threat.

Think anyone expecting these phases to progress into nice three week chunks is setting themselves up for a disappointment. Would mean normality by the end of July. The guidance explicitly says we only reach phase four when the virus is no longer a threat to Scotland, e.g. it’s somehow just fizzled out or a vaccine is in circulation.

I would’ve liked to see some starker differences to England, it’s good we’ve binned the complete nonsense that is ‘only see your Mum but not your Mum and Dad’ type stuff but it seems we’re broadly moving along at a similar pace. Beer gardens might be quicker, things like schools might be slower, but the general idea appears to be the same.

Hopefully we can actually have TTI running before any significant changes.
No danger it'll be a new stage every 3 weeks. The action plan set out is fair and sensible and if folk followed it to the letter I expect we could move on every 3 weeks. The reality is what I've already said. Folk will do whatever the f**k they want and the cases either won't go down enough or will (more likely) spike again. It really won't surprise me if we go back to lockdown before we reach stage 2.

The supermarket I work in has had zero cases and we are one of the biggest in Scotland.
Plenty stuff put in place. Just need the customers to do as they are told and follow one way system and keep self distancing. 
Standing outside in cold weather could be fun come winter time 
I usually shop in either Tesco kingsway or Riverside in Dundee.

I have noticed a marked difference between the different stores of customers following the guidance.

Riverside has been fine with a few exceptions but was in kingsway 4 or 5 weeks back and a high number of people didn't appear to give a f**k while I was in.

Have no idea why my experience has been so different in two stores in such close proximity but sticking to Riverside for now.

Whilst I agree a July is unlikely, "no longer a threat" is very vague.
A low number of deaths which shows no signs of increasing should qualify as "no longer a threat" just as everything else which is responsible for low numbers of deaths isn't considered a threat.

I suppose the deaths shouldn’t necessarily count as a threat, if say 100 are dying a month of it but infection rates remain very low we could probably start to accept that. It’s when infection/transmission goes up that it becomes a ‘threat’ again as there’s nothing to say we don’t end up back where we started.

What a bunch of pussies you all are.  Three weeks and back to the pub.  Another three and back to the gym.  Three weeks after that we'll all be watching football again.  It's an absolute certainty.

My neighbour’s father in law visiting every night walking into house and staying for an hour

Police officer too.

Want to report him but will be a shitstorm and I’m paranoid it will be me he suspects and make things awkward

Fucking raging though as it’s brazen as f**k

Am I being a c**t and Lee Wallace esque if I shop him

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I don't see why people assume that this will be the case, given that Scotland has been in lockdown six weeks longer than originally set out and delayed its exit beyond other parts of the UK. It's quite likely that it will take two review periods or more to move from one stage to another. 

Stage 1 is essentially just giving a green light to what people have already been doing. Nothing fundamentally seems to have changed.  

Because people will go mental if we are the only place in the whole of fucking  Europe where you can't get a pint, a hair cut or work out. What possible justification can there be for that?

If she honestly thinks pubs reopening here later than England isn't going to result in massive numbers of people heading south for a drinking sesh she's an idiot. 

Surely what is more likely is she announces in a month that Scotland has been so amazing in its response that we have caught up with England.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Because people will go mental if we are the only place in the whole of fucking  Europe where you can't get a pint, a hair cut or work out. What possible justification can there be for that?

Brexit, old chap, Brexit. We do things differently here, dontchaknow.