Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hopefully it will push more pubs into sorting out decent beer gardens.

The Castle Tavern is about the only half decent one in Inverness. Even though it is about £6 a pint and impossible to get a table in the summer.

My local boozer has a large barely used car park, so I'm hoping they decide to fill it with benches and parasols.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Up to this point I’ve just found you a bit of an annoying moaner, but turns out you are actually a selfish c**t. f**k off.

Sorry for not being a scaremongering sheep like 90 % of posters on here. Feel free to block me if I'm such a c**t 

Each phase is three weeks so assuming we don’t all die during phase one which starts on May 28th, pubs with beer gardens can reopen around 18th June.

Gyms are three weeks out from that so 9th July for some deadlifts, f**k my life.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

A 4 day week for businesses is a great idea. Especially as hospitality reopens, yet the paucity of powers that ScotGov has is that they can only suggest it....

The problem with that is that the hospitality sector is a 7 day week currently, not 5.

Reducing the "working week" to 4 days would make little difference, surely?

14 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I was watching until this line “A journey to a new normal”. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It’s an annoying buzzword. You can’t have a new normal anyway so it renders the term pointless

How can you not have a new normal? We used to do things one way, we will now be forced to do almost everything a different way. Once you've been operating in those new rules for a while they become the norm. This isn't difficult.

I've got to agree with the assertion that your feelings are borne out of selfishness.

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The Castle Tavern is about the only half decent one in Inverness. Even though it is about £6 a pint and impossible to get a table in the summer.

My local boozer has a large barely used car park, so I'm hoping they decide to fill it with benches and parasols.

The Black Isle has a decent one on the roof, hidden away. Castle Tavern might be ok midweek this summer with no tourists about, during the day anyway.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Each phase is three weeks so assuming we don’t all die during phase one which starts on May 28th, pubs with beer gardens can reopen around 18th June.

Gyms are three weeks out from that so 9th July for some deadlifts, f**k my life.

Looks like football could restart by the 3rd phase too, but I assume that means behind closed doors. Just in time for the Betfred Group matches...

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

The problem with that is that the hospitality sector is a 7 day week currently, not 5.

Reducing the "working week" to 4 days would make little difference, surely?

I mean more in terms of driving up demand. People with an extra day off might spend more time using hospitality outlets, for example.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Looks like football could restart by the 3rd phase too, but I assume that means behind closed doors. Just in time for the Betfred Group matches...

Phase 4 would be end of August/September, right? That might be acceptable as a league start assuming it's ok to have people in the grounds by then.

Just now, killiepiemuncher said:

When do the pubs open? Anyone!!

Phase three, so 7 weeks away, and even then it might still only be open in a socially isolated, drink your pint and dont touch anything type mode.

All the folk going on hillwalks and cycles with their pals will treat this as a green light to start having house parties from tomorrow night.

They must be building "bad behaviour" into their models for a certain percentage.