Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw on the news fans gathered outside celtic park, the police were in the background. Why weren’t they moving them along? They’re quick enough to move folk along who are sitting on park benches or sunbathing. I feel it set a precedent to allow you to go and met your whole extended family and friends outside and the police could do hee haw about it 

You're worse than a kid on a long journey. Are we there yet...are we there yet...is that the sea...are we there yet?

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You're worse than a kid on a long journey. Are we there yet...are we there yet...is that the sea...are we there yet?

It’s true though. If I called up family and friends and met them in the park for a chinwag the police could do nothing about it as they were shown to be doing nothing at CP. it can’t be one rule for one when it suits them 

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw on the news fans gathered outside celtic park, the police were in the background. Why weren’t they moving them along? They’re quick enough to move folk along who are sitting on park benches or sunbathing. I feel it set a precedent to allow you to go and met your whole extended family and friends outside and the police could do hee haw about it 

You could always just go and quietly visit your extended family house by house. If I was a cop without full scale PPE I wouldn't go anywhere near a bunch of probably plague ridden manky Celtic fans, even without the Covid risk.

Just now, welshbairn said:

You could always just go and quietly visit your extended family house by house. If I was a cop without full scale PPE I wouldn't go anywhere near a bunch of probably plague ridden manky Celtic fans, even without the Covid risk.

They were standing not too far away from them doing fck all as usual. Probably just wanted their robocop faces on the telly. I’d visit my Aunt and Uncle as they live literally 2 mins away but they’ve fallen for the scaremongering and have basically been in their house for 2 months solidly, they wouldn't let me in 

54 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Can’t believe people are still panicking about easing lockdown measures. There’s been 2 deaths reported today (albeit it’s the tinpot weekend figures). The news tonight mentioned that “covid could be here to stay for years”. Should life be put on pause until it disappears? 

You've been panicking for 8 weeks. 

Decent article about what the actual options are here. 

To sum up:

TTI

Rolling, targeted lockdowns 

Do nothing 

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/12/tories-lockdown-social-distancing-testing-second-wave-coronavirus?__twitter_impression=true

BTW this I'm pretty sure is the defo wid I mentioned a few pages back. Huv. 

Edit: apologies if this is fear mongering. Maybe don't read if you're in a mad panic and want to believe the really contagious virus isn't contagious anymore because we've spent 8 weeks in the house. 

Edited by madwullie

Obviously far too early to get too excited about but sounds positive at least and is an indication that some progress is being made hopefully.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/18/health/coronavirus-vaccine-moderna-early-results/index.html

It shows that not only did the antibody bind to the virus, but it prevented the virus from infecting the cells

16 minutes ago, madwullie said:

No of course not. No-one anywhere is saying that. Just that we have to make sure it's safe and we can control it before we start to loosen, otherwise our only option is to lockdown again if it does what it does and starts to get exponential again. 

If the purpose of the lockdown is to prevent an exponential increase in the infection rate then why does Sweden - where there has been no such lockdown for fully two months - still have a much lower per capita case rate and death rate than Scotland and the UK respectively? They should have literally millions of cases and the highest death toll in Europe right now going by this line of argument but they simply do not.

Some people got far too carried away about a brief period of rapid growth in cases and assumed that this would be a sustained trend - a straightforward comparison now shows that it wasn't. 

55 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I haven't seen my mother since the second week of March she has dementia and is in a care home, she won't recognise anyone in the family now.

Hopefully you get to see her soon, this has been dreadful for so many people. 

If anyone's cut the grass. Safe job, but hardly essential.

Sorry to piss on your chips (not really), but for clubs to survive to the other side if this then course maintainance was deemed essential by the government. If greens hadn't been cut and fed properly they would have died off by now, and would need replaced at an estimated cost of 30k per green. That would have put the vast majority of clubs in Scotland out of business.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

If the purpose of the lockdown is to prevent an exponential increase in the infection rate then why does Sweden - where there has been no such lockdown for fully two months - still have a much lower per capita case rate and death rate than Scotland and the UK respectively? They should have literally millions of cases and the highest death toll in Europe right now going by this line of argument but they simply do not.

Some people got far too carried away about a brief period of rapid growth in cases and assumed that this would be a sustained trend - a straightforward comparison now shows that it wasn't. 

Isn't Sweden doing markedly worse than their neighbours who have far tighter lockdowns, and generally closer demographics, culture and connectivity to Sweden than to the UK, and thus a more direct comparison.

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ive not been panicking about the virus at all. I’ve just been missing my old life 

I never said it was about the virus, they could have piled the bodies up on the street and you'd still have moaned and whined about the lockdown, you'd better get used to this as it ain't going back to normal for a long while. 

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Sorry to piss on your chips (not really), but for clubs to survive to the other side if this then course maintainance was deemed essential by the government. If greens hadn't been cut and fed properly they would have died off by now, and would need replaced at an estimated cost of 30k per green. That would have put the vast majority of clubs in Scotland out of business.

Glad to hear it.