Coronavirus (COVID-19)

48 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What you describe is what Tesco have been doing for weeks now

40 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, Aldi too.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

And Asda and Morrisons.

And until today for me, Sainsbury’s. Maybe it’s just this localised example and the rest of the chain are continuing with it, but today was a fucking joke.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
12 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:
B&Q need to fucking wise-up and sort this pish out!
Controlling the amount of people in the store is fine and well, but not when every second place in the line to enter B&Q is taken by a couple who will then, like every other couple, spend 2 hours browsing the entire b*****d store to then leave with a pack of rawl plugs or a single fucking paintbrush! 
IMO, couples should either:
A - Be denied entry to the store together. (The right thing to do) 
OR
B - Be made to shop using the self scan devices which are set with a 15 minute timer that voids their intended purchases if they’re not through the checkout within the allocated timeframe. Just incase that seems unreasonable, after 10 minutes I’d have the self scan device set to beep and display a message saying: 
5 minutes to get your shit and GTF!

There really should, at this point, be no one going to a shop without a clear idea of what it is they are going to buy and how to find it rapidly and get out. That said, I pissed away about 9 or 10 unnecessary minutes in Morrisons yesterday as I had mistimed my landing run on the beer aisle for 10am

Not got a clue why 'click and collect' isn't mandatory for shops that offer it. 

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

If you look at others who have eased restrictions, none have observed this.

Newspapers were quick to state germany had seen cases triple (which it hasn't), but have yet to acknowledge that this was untrue.

Schools are open in Denmark, and the distance has reduced to 1m. Cases continue to fall.

Fear will subside once media reporting accurately covers the whole picture.

That would be good. I'm not going to hold my breath though. Nothing materially has changed here since we went into lockdown 🤞 

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
17 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:
B&Q need to fucking wise-up and sort this pish out!
Controlling the amount of people in the store is fine and well, but not when every second place in the line to enter B&Q is taken by a couple who will then, like every other couple, spend 2 hours browsing the entire b*****d store to then leave with a pack of rawl plugs or a single fucking paintbrush! 
IMO, couples should either:
A - Be denied entry to the store together. (The right thing to do) 
OR
B - Be made to shop using the self scan devices which are set with a 15 minute timer that voids their intended purchases if they’re not through the checkout within the allocated timeframe. Just incase that seems unreasonable, after 10 minutes I’d have the self scan device set to beep and display a message saying: 
5 minutes to get your shit and GTF!

There really should, at this point, be no one going to a shop without a clear idea of what it is they are going to buy and how to find it rapidly and get out. That said, I pissed away about 9 or 10 unnecessary minutes in Morrisons yesterday as I had mistimed my landing run on the beer aisle for 10am

I’ve been trying to be good and do this as I am notoriously Bad for dawdling and going back and forth. Made a list, went to Morrison’s and the c***s had moved everything about. Took me ages to stuff.

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

And Asda and Morrisons.

My issue with my local Morrison’s is the aisle’s are cluttered with stock as they don’t seem to replenish overnight. Makes social distancing difficult.

This is part of what he posted
So for the Earth, which is shaped like a ball, the force of gravity pulls you to the centre from every point on the ground.

If Australia is nearly at the bottom of the world how are we the right way up? Why doesn’t our head point down? – Rudy, 5, Melbourne.

A very interesting question, Rudy!

You would think that because we’re at the bottom of the world, us Australians would be really good at handstands and standing on our heads. But in Australia, we still have our feet firmly planted on the ground.

When you hold up a ball and drop it, it always goes towards the ground, no matter where you are on the Earth.

When the ball goes towards the sky, we say it is going “up”. When it is going towards the ground, we say “down”.

I've hung a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on my door.
Because "down" to an Australian is a different absolute direction to "down" for someone in the UK. It is meaningless to use our "down" in reference to someone on the other side of the world.
Are you just doing this for the company?

Not got a clue why 'click and collect' isn't mandatory for shops that offer it. 

It's the confusion caused by shops which closed voluntarily then reopened under the "essential" umbrella. The opening of that shop allows folk to choose to "think" that something is different there ie lockdown rules are somehow less.

When the lockdown changes to allow x y and z in pursuit of more normality then maybe you can make a case for shite like taking the other half with you. For now though, B&Q are at fault for allowing it.

ETA I have seen my local Tesco's getting couples telt tbf to them so some places arent just letting it fly

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

90 deaths in English hospitals recorded over the last 24 hours. Down from the178 in the same timeframe last week.

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/05/COVID-19-total-announced-deaths-17-May-2020.xlsx

But but but “the second wave once lockdown is eased” will have that number tripling in a few weeks time 🙄🙄

I’ve only been skim reading this thread for the last two days. Why is there pics of the moon, the globe and talk about gravity? What’s that got to do with Covid?
Someone mentioned that the new Brazilian Health minister may be a flat earther. Then Wee Wulie happened.

20 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
4 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I’ve only been skim reading this thread for the last two days. Why is there pics of the moon, the globe and talk about gravity? What’s that got to do with Covid?

Someone mentioned that the new Brazilian Health minister may be a flat earther. Then Wee Wulie happened.

He's just trying to lighten things up for us wee amateur death statisticians FFS. 

Edited by welshbairn

32 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I’ve been trying to be good and do this as I am notoriously Bad for dawdling and going back and forth. Made a list, went to Morrison’s and the c***s had moved everything about. Took me ages to stuff.

I hate when they do that. It's only to get you to wander about and buy stuff you normally wouldn't see.

18 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

But but but “the second wave once lockdown is eased” will have that number tripling in a few weeks time 🙄🙄

It might. Let's wait and see.

Just now, Jacksgranda said:

I hate when they do that. It's only to get you to wander about and buy stuff you normally wouldn't see.

It normally doesn’t bother me too much but now is really not the time for that shit.

It normally doesn’t bother me too much but now is really not the time for that shit.
Never mind that, did you get anything good that you wouldnt normally buy? That will be the key here to whether it's a good move or not

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Never mind that, did you get anything good that you wouldnt normally buy? That will be the key here to whether it's a good move or not

No, I stuck to the shopping list. f**k them for trying to trick me 🤣

19 hours ago, H Wragg said:

How does everyone think the 1st June English schools reopening will pan out?

Quite a few times I've seen BBC articles with comments enabled and the ones which are to the right politically seem to be the ones with a higher plus rating.

In this article though, the pro government ones are heavily marked down.

Are the tories swimming against the tide on this one?

Will things fall into place before the 1st?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52692017

19 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

Are private schools going back in June?

The answer lies in that

19 hours ago, H Wragg said:

I saw someone on Twitter earlier saying that the primary school parts were.

I have no idea if this is accurate or not.

FB_IMG_1589736459175.thumb.jpg.a9641f7aa457b3fbd1e5cf64488871dd.jpg

Well that's a surprise.

Can't go murdering rich peoples kids. May affect the donation they give to future election campaigns for the Tories

33 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

He was ranting today about the state governers being wrong....the flat earther brazilian not wee wullie 

And the vice president is now isolating due to covid symptons

And this concludes todays round up from Brazil..carry on 

Edited by doulikefish

There is a theory that prolonged exposure to gravity (for example several decades) means you are more at risk than somebody who has had less exposure.

The numbers seem to point that way.