Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

My local seems to have given up on the 1 adult per household rule. Which is a massive disappointment because such a rule has made the supermarket experience far better and should become law.  

need some way of forcing people to pick what they need and move on quickly.  Time activated electric pads maybe.  More than 10-15 seconds wondering what to choose for the near identical shelf gets you a  shock, 

I can’t understand why supermarkets have abandoned this.  Were they getting flak from customers threatening to go elsewhere?  Seems bizarre and counter productive.

BBC 1 at the moment is surreal. Absolutely surreal.... ‘if you normally have a white van, and take construction workers to jobs in it, you’ll need to install plastic screens in the van to keep them apart’.

I’m going to wake up tomorrow - in the shower, with Bobby Ewing.

17 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

BBC 1 at the moment is surreal. Absolutely surreal.... ‘if you normally have a white van, and take construction workers to jobs in it, you’ll need to install plastic screens in the van to keep them apart’.

2019-uk-pecs-van-with-bus-1128x745.png

Edited by Milnzo

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm not a fan of supermarkets making everyone take a trolley despite if there's 2of you going in, or if you just want a couple of loads of bread or whatever. It doesn't increase social distancing and instead forces less space within the shopping aisles to get past.

Speak for yourself. I need a trolley to cling on to. It's either that or a zimmer.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Rarely say this but Ian Murray being good too:

It's not exactly news to the Scottish government who are committed to testing 15,000 odd people daily as part of TTI. They reckon capacity will have built up to 12,000 monthly by the middle of May. TTI won't be needed until early June, most likely. Happy to trust them that they are building up a sustainable infrastructure between now and then rather than chucking everything into a couple of days of big numbers when it makes no real difference.

Edited by renton

I know it’s not meant to be pleasant right now, but going shopping etc really is a horrible experience. Some workers and customers all masked up, the Perspex dividers and so much more. Even the local chippy staff were masked up today and I was only allowed to stand at the door and wait for my order. 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I know it’s not meant to be pleasant right now, but going shopping etc really is a horrible experience. Some workers and customers all masked up, the Perspex dividers and so much more. Even the local chippy staff were masked up today and I was only allowed to stand at the door and wait for my order. 

You smell m8?

So I wonder what actually is the long pole for Scotland exiting lockdown. The obvious answer is reduction in R value but given Scot Gov strategy for exit is based on TTI, it can't really pull lockdown up until both the R value is low enough and the TTI test throughput is high enough.

Then again, Sunak is going to largely pull the plug on furlough in July according to reports that would push government contributions down to 60%. That seems designed to force people back into work (Ironically impacting hardest those low wage workers in the hospitality sector who ideally should be the last ones back - and football)

Edited by renton

1 minute ago, Sport socks and scampi said:

Would make an ounce of difference for Billy and the Thornliebank band, or the  Daily Mail loyal.   

Sadly, you are probably right. And the English would probably see it as putting the Jocks in their place.

Indy. Now. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The govt hold that card. It should end them forever in Scotland if they play it.

You're joking. An all too large number of folk in Scotland would rather offer up the lives of their first-born than even consider self-determination. Your'e talking about folk like Malky who would crack a wee stauner if we had a sudden jump in the daily death rate. 

6 minutes ago, renton said:

So I wonder what actually is the long pole for Scotland exiting lockdown. The obvious answer is reduction in R value but given Scot Gov strategy for exit is based on TTI, it can't really pull lockdown up until both the R value is low enough and the TTI test throughput is high enough.

Then again, Sunak is going to largely pull the plug on furlough in July according to reports that would push government contributions down to 60%. That seems designed to force people back into work (Ironically impacting hardest those low wage workers in the hospitality sector who ideally should be the last ones back - and football)

60% wages  for free is still good if you think about it. 

5 days work a week is 20% a day.

60% wages is 3 days pay for free.

You only have to work 2 days a week to get your normal wages. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The govt hold that card. It should end them forever in Scotland if they play it.

I'd assume that early June would see the R value drop low enough to get on with lockdown easing - and ours wont include schools as it'd be pointless sending the kids back then.  Its whether useful test throughput, the ScotGov app and the contact officers are all available in that time frame. Hopefully that'd all he in place by July.

I wouldnt bet big money on the Tory government giving a damn how badly they piss off anyone up here by pulling the rug in furlough though. They wont care about being finished up here.