Coronavirus (COVID-19)

8 minutes ago, The OP said:

Bunker on the fairway with the green on the caddie with the spikey shoes and white privilege and no girls aloud and rough tee wood clubhouse mulligan birdrie eagle albatross little buggy play through scratch bogey GET IN THE HOLE.

I'd bunker down during the Coronavirus crisis with Cheryl Cole any day

image.png.cbab6ce3ae0b64d2a37742d7fe3d28e2.png

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely
to bold and underline the pun for maximum shitposting effect. Also to fix anyday to any day since i dont think thats a word tbh

Just now, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I'd bunker down during the Coronavirus crisis with Cheryl Cole anyday

image.png.cbab6ce3ae0b64d2a37742d7fe3d28e2.png

I'd rather get the virus. 

Do you really want or need a government to provide you with hugs and a juicy teat?
Am I being whooshed here?
Christ you're needing your hole tonight, eh?

Meeting up with family is one of my biggest concerns at the moment. My dad has recovered from the virus, and both sets of our parents haven't seen our young kids for well over 2 months.

If you think that's me being overly - emotional then fair enough.

Like i said earlier, i thought the plan laid out by boris was fairly reasonable. But he never mentioned meeting family, and instead focused on exercise and jobs.

I think that was a bit strange.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

^^^^^^Stymied 

Cupping balls stupid trousers follow through wood (would) hole-in-one drop ball no jews blacks or irish, best way to spoil a good walk, tiger would (woods) sand wedge (sandwich) the old coarse one over par subpar clubs.

puns are still shite

Admittedly I've had a few drinks since earlier, but from what I can remember Boris said it was ok to play golf in England from Wednesday, as long as it was on a building site with a family member, and you also had to have cycled there?

Even for countries like South Korea who controlled it early and kept the numbers low, it doesn't take much for it kick off again.
https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-southkorea/south-koreas-moon-warns-of-covid-19-second-wave-as-cases-rebound-idUKKBN22M024

Cheers for the link.

Seems it relates to nightclubs in South Korea, and their testing and isolating policy is top notch.

We've got a long, long way to go.

I don't think there's a massive difference between sturgeon's and Johnston's plans.

Sturgeon is just more cautious, and less focused on the economy. But there's not much in it.

Whether or not Boris has went too early will become clear in the coming weeks.

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Admittedly I've had a few drinks since earlier, but from what I can remember Boris said it was ok to play golf in England from Wednesday, as long as it was on a building site with a family member, and you also had to have cycled there?

Yeah that’s what he said.  He had been drinking too.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

No.  It’s ok to cycle round golf courses and hit family members with golf clubs on building sites.

22 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I don't think there's a massive difference between sturgeon's and Johnston's plans.

I think there is, in messaging. He's saying take your foot off the brake, she's saying keep it there a wee bit longer. People respond psychologically and not necessarily rationally to slogans, take the utterly meaningless Take Back Control one for instance. I'm sure quite a few fuckwits thought leaving the EU would mean they could sort out their shitty lives. 

Edited by welshbairn

Christ you're needing your hole tonight, eh?

Meeting up with family is one of my biggest concerns at the moment. My dad has recovered from the virus, and both sets of our parents haven't seen our young kids for well over 2 months.

If you think that's me being overly - emotional then fair enough.

Like i said earlier, i thought the plan laid out by boris was fairly reasonable. But he never mentioned meeting family, and instead focused on exercise and jobs.

I think that was a bit strange.

It's cause he doesn't have to worry about who looks after his kids because he doesn't give a f**k about them

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah but my whole point is that whilst a tiny percentage live in care homes the number of new infections/deaths in care homes is a significant part of the overall infection/death rate.

I’m pretty sure that there was a day last week when more than 50% of those who died in Scotland were in care homes.  So that’s a 50% death rate from  about 1% of the population.  That must seriously skew the r number.

To put some numbers to it...

Around 36k people are residents of care homes in Scotland. About 0.7% of the population. Let's say we round that up to 1% to include care home staff.

If the R number was bang on 0.50 in the rest of the population but it was 5.0 in care homes, the overall R rate would still only be just under 0.55.

And given that an R of 5 is probably a vast overestimate, it's unlikely care home infections can change the overall R number very much.

On Thursday morning, all NZ businesses except bars will be open. Schools return on Monday. People can travel throughout NZ including internal flights.  Bars can open next Thursday. Social distancing, hygiene measures and  business contacts being logged will be in place.  There are plans in place to lock down localised outbreaks going forward. 90 active cases in NZ,  2 in hospital, 0 in ICU and no increase in fatalities still at 21.

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Around 36k people are residents of care homes in Scotland. About 0.7% of the population. Let's say we round that up to 1% to include care home staff.

If the R number was bang on 0.50 in the rest of the population but it was 5.0 in care homes, the overall R rate would still only be just under 0.55.

And given that an R of 5 is probably a vast overestimate, it's unlikely care home infections can change the overall R number very much.

Those calculations, whilst not supporting my argument, look quite sound.

37 minutes ago, madmitch said:

On Thursday morning, all NZ businesses except bars will be open. Schools return on Monday. People can travel throughout NZ including internal flights.  Bars can open next Thursday. Social distancing, hygiene measures and  business contacts being logged will be in place.  There are plans in place to lock down localised outbreaks going forward. 90 active cases in NZ,  2 in hospital, 0 in ICU and no increase in fatalities still at 21.

NZ seems to have handled this really well as has their PM (whose name I can’t recall).  She seems to have emerged from this with a great deal of credibility.

Excellent post. This is what makes this thread very valuable.

We could call this peak Value (the v rating). Every poster contributes to the v rating, either positively or negatively.
My hole? Oh god no. Far too old to be bothering with that tedious, messy nonsense anymore.
Yeah I think you're being overly emotional given that millions of us are in exactly the same boat. I'm not one for public displays of emotion. I myself prefer a stiff upper lip and a strong mug of tea. Stoic, if you will. What's the expression....a handshake is as good as a hug?
BTW, I am assuming you use skype or something like that?

Ok - but like you did with gaz you've taken my concern to be about my own personal experience when actually i was thinking about the millions of us who really want to give our relatives a cuddle (particularly grandparents and their grandchildren).

I admire a bit of stiff upper lip in a person. I genuinely do. But a physical connection is massively important to humans, especially when they are young, and again when they are old.

The old victorian stiff upper lip brigade certainly didn't have the balance right. I suspect you think we've gone too far the other way, and in some cases i might agree with you. But over two months is not an insignificant chunk of time and this is not an issue that should've been ignored entirely in his plan.

The shambles continues....if you are arriving from France or the Roi you dont need to adhere to the 14 day isolation that was very  publicly announced yesterday...you couldnt make this up if you tried 

Ardene is like a radical version of Sturgeon. If I'm being kind to sturgeon I'd say i think she'd run a similar ship of given full control over the economy, the purse strings and foreign affairs.

But i think nicola is a also a wee bit more timid by nature.