Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I’m actually gobsmacked at how bad that was. He’s done nothing bur confuse the public and set out objectives we might not even meet - which will just make the public even more restless.

I’m actually gobsmacked at how bad that was. He’s done nothing bur confuse the public and set out objectives we might not even meet - which will just make the public even more restless.

It’s not helped by this BBC Scotland news story amplifying differences.

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

So factories and construction to return let's see the reaction of companies in these sectors in Scotland

There are building sites in Scotland that are already working; not sure if they closed or if they did for how long.

3 hours ago, Detournement said:

Boris will surely have thought of this and kept something up his sleeve. 

Looks like you were right then. NS must be punching walls

Edited by madwullie

That was insane. The UK is such a shitehole. An utter shambles for years but this crisis and the handling of it has crystallised everything bad about this country.

I'm fortunate enough that I can work from home. If I worked in construction I would come out of that without a clue what the expectation was for tomorrow morning. 

The graphics were like something from a kids' education show as well.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

This is precisely what Sturgeon said earlier.

Other than the work bit, agree. Not really sure how getting a lot people back is going to be however - lots of issues, particularly whether distancing can be enforced and also transport issues. 

Other than that, more of the same. 

It's a shame it was clearly prerecorded, though. Probably the only way to keep a poor public speaker on track though I guess. 

I didn't catch Johnson saying anything quarantining arrivals, although Huw Edwards reported it. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s not helped by this BBC Scotland news story amplifying differences.

You don't think he should have ran it past the 3 other countries before broadcasting it nationwide?

Message from Johnston seems to be to go out a catch the virus.

if London goes back to work at the rates he wants there’s absolutely no way we won’t be seeing cramped underground. 

the chaos he will create in Carlisle and Berwick definitely will definitely cause problems up here. I’d advise we should be putting resources along the border to try and contain the issues.

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

I didn't catch Johnson saying anything quarantining arrivals, although Huw Edwards reported it. 

He said that now the infection rate was going down, now we can impose restrictions on arrivals. Most misleading part of his statement I think.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm fortunate enough that I can work from home. If I worked in construction I would come out of that without a clue what the expectation was for tomorrow morning. 

If your site is open and you want to work then go in. That was already an option but now it's being pushed. 

In every country it's the industries that create real value which are going back first. 

Other than the work bit, agree. Not really sure how getting a lot people back is going to be however - lots of issues, particularly whether distancing can be enforced and also transport issues. 
Other than that, more of the same. 
It's a shame it was clearly prerecorded, though. Probably the only way to keep a poor public speaker on track though I guess. 

And indeed Sturgeon is agreeing/ not disagreeing.