Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The attitude of British exceptionalism is absolutely part of why we've got the highest death toll in Europe. It has always been there but, since 2016, it has really taken off.

Absolutely. The danger is we replace it with Scottish exceptionalism.

4 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

As important as R0 is being made out to be, its completely irrelevant if those most as risk of dying don't get infected

That's my worry

3 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

We all have grannies. Why is this so hard to understand.

...and Grandads

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s Mr Comrade to you.

I think it's Bro

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Absolutely. The danger is we replace it with Scottish exceptionalism.

Are you no thinking of WATP folk.

That's still British exceptionalism

He said that if people couldn’t get to their work by public transport then they should move house or change jobs.  Possibly the stupidest statement I’ve seen in a serious discussion on P&B.
Anyone White Knighting that statement has some serious problems.
Some of us on here will be old enough to remember the infamous 'Get On Your Bike' comment by Norman Tebbitt in the 1980's. I must admit that when I read this recent post that contemptuous quote leapt in to my consciousness.

Some of us on here will be old enough to remember the infamous 'Get On Your Bike' comment by Norman Tebbitt in the 1980's. I must admit that when I read this recent post that contemptuous quote leapt in to my consciousness.

Don’t give him delusions of grandeur

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:
He said that if people couldn’t get to their work by public transport then they should move house or change jobs.  Possibly the stupidest statement I’ve seen in a serious discussion on P&B.
Anyone White Knighting that statement has some serious problems.

I don’t think he used those words, they were used against him.  He spoke about his father being out of work and getting on his bike to look for a job.

He was an unlikeable cùnt all the same.