Coronavirus (COVID-19)

They don't in my local one pretty much as you describe although not really big enough to permit a 1 way system. I've taken to going around 8pm, pretty quiet then.

I had to go out of town today to get my car fixed. Decided to pop into Morrison’s when I was out anyway. I didn’t need to queue and inside it was basically a free for all.  No arrows or one way system. The aisles were heaving and no way was I 2 metres apart from folk. Some ignorant bitch coughed and didn’t make any attempt to “catch it”. Are other Morrison’s doing the one way system? 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Forum posting is either about being a contrarian (vT) or responding in minute detail to every argument made against you (Ad Lib). Twitter posting is about who can have the most nuclear take.

There are also those who leave obscure references to characters in the historical iconography and twittersphere and flounce out without anyone being the wiser. Just saying. :hatty

It's a funny one. During the first couple of weeks of the lock down I was convinced that once restrictions were eased the public would flock back to the restraunts/pubs in there droves. Now I'm not so sure.

The majority of people still appear to be in support of the lock down and I think there is a genuine fear, rightly in my opinion, of catching this fucker.

It's going to take a long time (or a reliable vaccine) for the populations confidence to return

When the government advised people to avoid pubs and restaurants the number of people out reduced significantly and that was before we had had tens of thousands of deaths.

I think there will be some people who will want to go right back to going out, drinking, eating out etc but it won’t be the same as normal for a long time, if ever. I mean, a lot of restaurants will probably not reopen, same with pubs. These are precarious industries at the best of times.

When pubs do re-open, best to give them a swerve for a few days until their barrels have been replaced. Many will try to shill the old swill that will have been sitting around for months.

Also, how would queueing at the bar work? What about using the toilets? Smoking areas? 

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I have to keep reminding myself that you are apparently a fully functioning grown man with grandchildren because your posting record would suggest that I'm dealing with a pre-pubescent teenager. 🤣

I don’t need to keep reminding myself that you’re  a cùnt, because every time you post it is obvious.

Edited by Granny Danger

Just now, oaksoft said:

I’m building up to a full on ‘heads gone’ moment.

Fortunately I have doctorates in Psychology, Psychiatry, Homeopathy, and Voodoo so I should be able to take care of myself.

Where are you getting the suggestion that barbers are opening in 2 weeks?

Genuinely interested as I've seen 6 months given as a possible reopening timescale.

I just can't see any way in which our lockdown will be in place in 3 months never mind 6 months.

Business will open and folk will be desperate to work.

It's a funny one. During the first couple of weeks of the lock down I was convinced that once restrictions were eased the public would flock back to the restraunts/pubs in there droves. Now I'm not so sure.

The majority of people still appear to be in support of the lock down and I think there is a genuine fear, rightly in my opinion, of catching this fucker.

It's going to take a long time (or a reliable vaccine) for the populations confidence to return

There's no doubt all sorts of things will be hit hard, but i can't see them struggling to get customers.

Plenty of folk are itching to get back to some sort of normality.

But the long term impact on our society will be meant and varied.

5 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Am I allowed to get just a little bit depressed that, outwith the usual point-scoring, banter and ill-informed statements on here, it's only the senior posters like Jacksgranda, Granny Danger and myself who are actually fucking angry at what's happened, is happening and will happen? I mean deep down, raging, furious at what this government are being allowed to get away with?

Yes, allowed. This country actually elected a Government who had been proved to enact policies which killed its poorest citizens, and now seem surprised that they're really not that good at keeping people alive. Look around you, folks. you're probably never more than ten metres from some idiot who thought this shower of incompetents were the best option. (Yes, I know that Scotland can hold its head high to an extent, but there's still more of the vermin up there than there should be.)

You can add me to that list. I despise the Tories and all they stand for. The way they've handled this virus just compounds what I already know.

I would herd them all onto a boat and sink it in the middle of the Atlantic. Is that angry enough for you?

There is no place for the Tory ethos in a  forward thinking, caring society.

Edited by Father Ted

In fairness to myself I'm merely reacting to what I'm reading in the news. Just in the last 24 hours;
Germany already looking to go back on their relaxation of their lockdown.
The UN predicting 1.5bn people will lose their livelihoods.
Professor Kennington (sic) saying he wouldn't bet on their ever being a vaccine
UK deaths now over 26k

You might not be familiar with Oaksoft's work, but it's a troll account pretending to be a sociopath. He'd pretend that an extra blueberry in his muffin would outweigh any of those things. And then explode in blustering rage if that doesn't get enough bites.

Quite amusing satire of the Daily Mail/BBC comments sections, but could be confusing to newcomers.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:
2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
I think if they allow hairdressers/barbers open in the next 2 weeks, then pubs could fight their corner. Pubs/restaurants are “safer” for employees to work at now compared to a stylist/barber who is literally inches away from someone for potentially hours 

Eh ? Where did you hear that ? Can't see how anyone can cut hair whilst exercising 2m social distancing !

It’s just what my friends wife has heard from so called industry experts. I guess it’s all depends on how long the 2 metre thing is going to be in place for 

When the government advised people to avoid pubs and restaurants the number of people out reduced significantly and that was before we had had tens of thousands of deaths.

I think there will be some people who will want to go right back to going out, drinking, eating out etc but it won’t be the same as normal for a long time, if ever. I mean, a lot of restaurants will probably not reopen, same with pubs. These are precarious industries at the best of times.

I’m not so sure, those who are in the at risk group or have a close relative or friend who os will continue to be hyper vigilant for a time but the rest i thnk will be quite calm about it. Thing to remember is that this virus is only about 6 months old , even without a vaccine treatment will become much better the more health services are used to dealing with it , some will still die but it won’t be so fear inducing after a while. Those in the vulnerable group ( those who are encouraged to get the flu vaccine) still got on planes and went to pubs before all this .

13 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

You can add me to that list. I despise the Tories and all they stand for. The way they've handled this virus just compounds what I already know.

I would herd them all onto a boat and sink it in the middle of the Atlantic. Is that angry enough for you?

Me as well.

49 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Granny's posts are purely aimed at playing to the gallery for "likes".

WRK seems to be consumed by anger on virtually every issue he posts on.

Both of them are serial whingers. Both are intolerable extremists.

I haven't noticed you falling into any of those categories.

By his standards Norms actually been quite calm, just don't get him started on Sevco. 

48 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

If it was possible I'd greenie this every day this year