Coronavirus (COVID-19)

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Far fetched, even for you.

Would you have had a wee chuckle if the delivery had gone horribly wrong and the baby had died?

If it involved the umbilical cord strangling his dad to death, a wee chuckle may be in order. 

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I see you’ve gained a stalker - shortnado - who is stalking you with dots. I would of thought the ‘llittle people’ would show greater solidarity with one another.

I’m away to check which team shortnado supports. If it’s the usual - Scotland - I’ll be disappointed.

Any guesses who you’ve pissed off recently? Must have been a spat?

Edit: correction, it’s Shortnardo. You pissed someone off a lot on 18th April.

F90A564D-51DC-4764-B16D-E7A7524CBDF6.png

4 stalkers no less.... It was briefly covered in the Heads gone thread. I managed to bin the notifications from them so wasnt aware they were still plugging away. They rather hurtfully declined my offer of online friendship too. Dont even have an idea which active poster might be involved tbh. 

Screenshot_20200429-121713_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

What's the missing letter in c*untardo?

I needed to put in the asterisk to bypass the swear filter. 

Er...Probably to bypass the swear filter?

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

This is fucked innit. The job's fucked.

Posted a few weeks ago you'll be either jobless and homeless or just simply dead.

Nothing changed to make me think otherwise. I'm seeing talk of another Great Depression now gaining traction. 

Have you lost your job due to the lockdown? Sorry, not clear to me from your post.

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

4 stalkers no less.... It was briefly covered in the Heads gone thread. I managed to bin the notifications from them so wasnt aware they were still plugging away. They rather hurtfully declined my offer of online friendship too. Dont even have an idea which active poster might be involved tbh. 

Screenshot_20200429-121713_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's dedication for you. Do you have to set up a new email address for each one?

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Have you lost your job due to the lockdown? Sorry, not clear to me from your post.

Not yet, but probably will somewhere along the line. Currently furloughed which is probably a pre-curser to redundancy. Of course, this is far from unique to me and will be repeated the world over

6 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Not yet, but probably will somewhere along the line. Currently furloughed which is probably a pre-curser to redundancy. Of course, this is far from unique to me and will be repeated the world over

Maybe take your negative attitude elsewhere, some of us are still enjoying the time off.

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's dedication for you. Do you have to set up a new email address for each one?

A friend mentioned that if you have a Gmail account you can just insert a full stop anywhere in the first but and it will act like a new email address while still making sure all emails go to your account. 

Eg welshbairn@gmail

welsh.bairn@gmail

Will be considered separate email addresses by a forum for registration purposes, but the same email address by Gmail for receiving mail purposes 👍 

3 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Worrying times indeed. Furlough will last until 1 July. This may be extended depending on when businesses can get back to work. Hopefully things work out for you. 

Care home deaths in scotland last week made up 55% of the total Covid-19 deaths. First time they have been greater than 50%.

With the total number of deaths week on week remaining fairly constant over the past 3 weeks, is it crass to suggest the number of deaths outwith carehomes declining is a positive sign overall?

3 minutes ago, madwullie said:

A friend mentioned that if you have a Gmail account you can just insert a full stop anywhere in the first but and it will act like a new email address while still making sure all emails go to your account. 

Eg welshbairn@gmail

welsh.bairn@gmail

Will be considered separate email addresses by a forum for registration purposes, but the same email address by Gmail for receiving mail purposes 👍 

Good to know mad.wullie. I'm thinking jobbyturdo.

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

Care home deaths in scotland last week made up 55% of the total Covid-19 deaths. First time they have been greater than 50%.

With the total number of deaths week on week remaining fairly constant over the past 3 weeks, is it crass to suggest the number of deaths outwith carehomes declining is a positive sign overall?

In terms of impact of any measures taken you have to assume so. What's happening in care homes is going to need to be dragged into the light after this and probably some people held to account. But the success or failure of the lockdown etc surely has to be gauged on hospital deaths. 

That's not to say care home deaths do not matter.

But given that Covid-19 disproportionately kills those over 70 and those with underlying health conditions, the demographic that reside in care homes, particularly in a sandbox type environment, is the perfect cocktail for the disease.

Getting the virus out of care homes once it is in them will be much harder than keeping the general public safe

37 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

What's the missing letter in c*untardo?

O.

One, one stalker! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Two, two stalkers! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Three, three stalkers! Ha! Ha! Ha!

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

the success or failure of the lockdown etc surely has to be gauged on hospital deaths. 

It would be useful to have these figures updated daily too, to allow that trend to be seen.

Ultimately that data is what will drive any extension or easing of lockdown measures come the end of next week, and knowing this would help the government ensure maximum support from the general public either way.