Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Just now, Gaz said:

My exact words were "I don't want to squeeze past you". That's it. That's when he started getting shirty. I'd no intention of arguing so said to him "just you go ahead". Then he started making an issue again inside the store.

Should have said that first time then.

I'm willing to bet what team he supports 😂

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Should have said that first time then.

I'm willing to bet what team he supports 😂

I did say that the first time.

Following government instructions on how to help prevent killing vulnerable people is all well and good, until it's slightly inconvenient, then they can get fucked.

23 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Classic Boomer Bingo at Tesco this morning.

Old boy and his wife cut in front of me in the queue, then said "sorry son, you squeeze past". When I pointed out I had no intention of 'squeezing' past he got all uppity and said I was making a fuss about nothing. I told him just to go ahead as I wasn't interested in arguing. Ran into him again in the shop a few aisles later and him and his wife are both standing in the middle of the aisle looking at the shelves. He saw me wait and said "you'll be waiting a while, I'll be here for a good few minutes". I asked him politely to stand to the side with his wife so I could get past and he started shouting at me and walking closer, saying "I'll fucking come close to you". His wife ushered him away saying "leave it, he's just an arsehole".

Some absolute weapons.

What annoys me is the auld yins who'll take ages picking fruit and veg, examining every item on the shelves till they get the right bag of apples or carrots and ignoring the queue behind them. One of these days my patience will snap.

4 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I find coughing loudly normally results in a ‘parting like the Red Sea’ in front of me in the shops these days. emoji6.png

Coronavirus can’t involve coughing as flu also involves coughing sometimes and coronavirus cannot be anything like flu. It simply cannot.

5 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:
27 minutes ago, Gaz said:
Classic Boomer Bingo at Tesco this morning.
Old boy and his wife cut in front of me in the queue, then said "sorry son, you squeeze past". When I pointed out I had no intention of 'squeezing' past he got all uppity and said I was making a fuss about nothing. I told him just to go ahead as I wasn't interested in arguing. Ran into him again in the shop a few aisles later and him and his wife are both standing in the middle of the aisle looking at the shelves. He saw me wait and said "you'll be waiting a while, I'll be here for a good few minutes". I asked him politely to stand to the side with his wife so I could get past and he started shouting at me and walking closer, saying "I'll fucking come close to you". His wife ushered him away saying "leave it, he's just an arsehole".
Some absolute weapons.

Why does it take two of them to do the shopping. Take it the single shopper only policy has fallen by the wayside.

It definitely has in Inverness.  I'm not sure it ever existed here.

1 minute ago, bennett said:

What annoys me is the auld yins who'll take ages picking fruit and veg, examining every item on the shelves till they get the right bag of apples or carrots and ignoring the queue behind them. One of these days my patience will snap.

As long as it's your patience and not your braces.

13 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If he coughs then there's no guarantee 2m is even enough.

Getting annoyed about having to walk within 2m of someone to pick up something that other people have already touched / potentially coughed on anyway etc is wild behaviour.

You can wash your hands easily enough, not much you can do about someone coughing in your face. 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Wonder what Henrik Larsson made per hour given he kicked a ball and (allegedly) saved lives.

His depression curing abilities made him worth every penny though.

Magees finest post imo.

My exact words were "I don't want to squeeze past you". That's it. That's when he started getting shirty. I'd no intention of arguing so said to him "just you go ahead". The queues at Tesco are made from metal barriers. I was walking up the queue and he pulled two barriers apart and squeeze through to get ahead of me. Then he started making an issue again inside the store.
The tone of the comments is the key factor in this exchange.

There's a way to do things, and then there's coming across as a dick.

I don't have enough information to make a call either way.

The thing that gets me about these stories are the quickness of people to anger and aggression - swearing and abusing people at the drop of a hat seems completely alien to me.  People are obviously going to be more on edge at the moment but it's somethign that continually suprirses me.  I've had colleagues almost boast about getting into road rage fights and arguments, it just seems bizarre to me.

7 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:
Really?

If you're going to exaggerate to ridiculous levels in an immature attempt to win an Internet argument then don't be surprised when others do too.

Everyone who didn’t wish Johnson dead is a Helen Lovejoy Conservative according to Danger.